Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

(Sold/buyout) Rare Cherrywood Corbita

For pickup on Independence, Ussta Delmah (60x 5y) or Targoviste (56x, 9y).

Starting bid: 7s

Buyout: 15s

Runs 5 days, until: September 6th, 09:00AM CET (UTC+1)

Comes with boat lock and key, mooring anchor, as well as all items in the cargohold shown in the screenshot below.

wurm.20120901.0826_1itxl0.jpg

Edited by Ulviirala

Oooh nice -- personally I would edit and set a HIGHER buyout.

Has anyone tested the speed difference on rare ships yet?

I expect a fast buyout on this baby. I can only imagine what a rare knarr might potentially fetch ...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

The speed difference for ships is that they act as if they have +1 passengers on board. Look up the speed bonus the ship gets from passengers on the wiki for the value for a particular type.

I'm pretty sure the whole passenger thing is a myth that's been around for over 4 years I've been playing Wurm on and off. They don't speed you up in a rowboat and not in any ship up to a cog, I think. The numbers on the wiki are pretty inaccurate, too. :(

I don't have a regular corbita for comparison at hand, but I can propel it by +5.5km/h by holding W (walk forward), that alone exceeding the 2km/h speed I remember when sailing onto Independence in a light breeze on a normal corbita about 2 years back heh.

Not sure about the cargohold, as filling up even a corbita is a pretty mean undertaking because all the ships can pack a LOT of volume.

I'm pretty sure the whole passenger thing is a myth that's been around for over 4 years I've been playing Wurm on and off.

I am pretty sure that is something Rolf added in a patch sometime in the past six months, actually. I will have to look around for it.

edit: it came from this patch, let me see if I can find a date, maybe that number below means "Feb 02 2012" os something ...:

120215 Movement changes

The bug with doors that appeared in the latest update was resolved

Boat speeds were tweaked and should work better with more passengers

Mounted movement backwards is now done at 1/3 speed. Turning was made faster.

Improved speed hack detection and prevention

A bug where Web Armour slowed down creatures too long was fixed

Fixed a bug with names disappearing out of local

The HOTA was fixed

Model size multiplicator for items (visual change only) now has a max value of 5

Shield bashing now toggles the icon properly

Armour while worn will make Oakshell inactive on that bodypart

Edited by Brash_Endeavors