Sign in to follow this  
Joanavon

The First Serenity Alt Army Project.

Forum Moderators, could i get this post moved to Town Square since i didn't realize that players without a forum account can even view the Epic forum at all. Since it's a broadcast and not a discussion that's a problem. Thanks.

The Alt Army.

Hello,

I'd like to announce the first of what hopefully will be a new and successful Serenity Campaign. It borrows the central idea from another game but which works just as well in Wurm. It's called the Alt Army.

Basically, what the idea allows is for us on JKH to both have alot if not most of the benefits associated from living together in a single mega deed.

and

All the Benefits of living alone or in small groups and villages scattered across the map.

It also removes the liability in terms of money and defence of the mega deed and removes the most of the Organizational barriers that the scatter defence has.

How this works

Everyone creates a new alt with the name of their main character and the words alt or army or JKHA or the like as the new alts Name.

We will then schedule some dates and times for people to hop on their army alt and do whatever project/task is to be done.

the first project (conviently) that we'll use to set up and work the kinks out of the program is in StrongBox where your alt will spawn.

The project is simple and should allow us it get everything set up and grouped while at the same time performing a public service project that benefits everyone. We're going to clear cut (after we've picked the sprouts and fruits if applicable) the SB perimeter. All the Bushes and Apple trees need to go. All of them.

Later on we will construct small public enclosures with all of the bush and tree types individually in their own enclosures to allow everyone to access the sprouts and fruits as well as having the entire Plant ecosystem in one place. (Oaks will be locked and the sprouts given away to army members due to their scarcity)

After the opening project is done in a few days and we've got a good majority of the active people enrolled we will be moving together as a group around the server (obviously in chunks since not everyone is online at the exact same time)

Performing projects both for the Public such as Tower construction, canals/terraforming and then alternating to a project done for a specific deed or undeeded group that is in and active in the Army as the reward for participating in the Alt army beyond the fun, doing good works as well as meeting and working with all the people on Serenity you perhaps see in K-Chat or elsewhere but live on the other side of the map from.

The biggest reward of this project is the Central organization it will allow us and that we in JKH have struggled with. Without losing the unbound and open nature that JKH is unmatched in.

This is a Casual, Part time, in people spare time type project. It allows everyone to work and help and interact in one place on one thing while still keeping their own stuff, and deeds and projects and such across that map.

So what you need to do is simple

1. Make an alt with your main's name and JKHA or Army or alt or the like.

(sadly i'd say use the exact same thing after the mains name but i know that trolls would quickly snap up real JKH players army names and prevent the actual resident from using it.)

2. Spawn in Strongbox and follow the instructions from there. You alt will be joining the deed called "Serenity Alt Army put your alt in" which is inside the walls of the former fighting academy. this will allow us to group together for easy communication, boat and transportation rights, ally deed suicide spawning and general grouping. but it won't be an actual deed other then that. you'll also get a sickle. Message me, I'll be in StrongBox to enroll you in the Army.

3. Start Chopping down trees and bushes in the large SB perimeter as well as meet all your new fellow alt Army members. Be sure to check and grab and sprouts or fruits before chopping for replanting both here and else where should anyone want Grape, Lavender, Apple or Oleander sprouts. This is just the first of hopefully many such projects and adventures we will be having, Together.

PVP

To clear up any confusion this project is not to build an "Army" in the military unit sense. Think of it like the Army Corps of Engineers done risk free with alts that have nothing to lose if you die or are killed. At the very least it will allow some easily gathered group PvP for those online at the time. since everyone will have an alt in the same place even if their mains live on opposite sides of the map.

Edited by Joanavon

Bonus: At the moment the Tutorials are off and you can skip them for your alts.

Must... delete... this... topic... HNNG!

-Keeps finger away- >:U

Must... delete... this... topic... HNNG!

-Keeps finger away- >:U

You have a legion of alts, i think you would be perfect for this eh?

I guess what I don't get is why the need for the alts, why not to do it on regular mains?

I guess what I don't get is why the need for the alts, why not to do it on regular mains?

I dont think they want to risk everyone getting wholesale slaughtered ;P

Everyone is spread around the server, making it hard for people to bother getting up and helping with something at a moment's notice. It's the most common excuse (and the one I use). We're always too busy or in the middle of something or whatever, so even if you can't have 2 accounts on at once, it certainly does make it easier :)

The reason for the alts is threefold but simple

1 People on JKH live literally all over the map and if it takes more then 10 mins to get someplace for something or someone.....They ain't going at all. Just reality.

2. having the alts all together at X location upon sign off or switch back their main means that everyone can reconvene that that location together immediately. These alts are designed to be no skilling or even skill needed, Nothing but their noob tools, Risk free and nothing to lose alts. .

3. People are simply not going to leave their homes and go traipsing around the server once a week or so on their mains for any reason really.

I know this is a difficult concept (Not sure why) for people living in mega deeds (Avarga, Whitestone, whatever's left of BL and MR's capitals. but this program can emulate some of those mega deeds advantages in organization but without the disastrous risk and result of attempting to build a JKH mega deed That lesson was further reinforced by the raid and gutting of florence.

Edited by Joanavon

Just build some infrastructure over there FFS. If you like, I'll make an alt and come build roads for y'all. It's not that hard man.

It don't have to be Freedom'd up with three lanes of slabs and sand on both sides. Just run some gravel roads from point A to point B. Nothing fancy.

1. Road N-S from Turtle Bay to Shorewind, straight shot.

2. Branch off Turtle Bay road W-E connecting Strongbox

3. Diagonal road NW-SE from Lightshore to Strongbox with tunnel through Beartop Mountain

4. Road W-E from Dragon's Reach area to the tundra

5. Branch off Dragon's Reach road N by NW heading to Florence area

6. Road S-N from Florence area to Strongbox with tunnel under Old HoTS Fort

Have the roads in between main settlements constructed of gravel through woods. Once near main settlements, they can take over how they'd like the main drag to go through their area and be identified. That way a 5 speed traited horse should take no more than 15 minutes to go anywhere on the map. More than enough time to muster up a relief force for attacking raiders.

Just build some infrastructure over there FFS. If you like, I'll make an alt and come build roads for y'all. It's not that hard man.

It don't have to be Freedom'd up with three lanes of slabs and sand on both sides. Just run some gravel roads from point A to point B. Nothing fancy.

1. Road N-S from Turtle Bay to Shorewind, straight shot.

2. Branch off Turtle Bay road W-E connecting Strongbox

3. Diagonal road NW-SE from Lightshore to Strongbox with tunnel through Beartop Mountain

4. Road W-E from Dragon's Reach area to the tundra

5. Branch off Dragon's Reach road N by NW heading to Florence area

6. Road S-N from Florence area to Strongbox with tunnel under Old HoTS Fort

Have the roads in between main settlements constructed of gravel through woods. Once near main settlements, they can take over how they'd like the main drag to go through their area and be identified. That way a 5 speed traited horse should take no more than 15 minutes to go anywhere on the map. More than enough time to muster up a relief force for attacking raiders.

I could build roads 15 tiles wide connecting Everything in JKH to Strongbox and give everyone 100 5 speed horses and They still ain't coming on their mains. People are just very reluctant to leave their area on their mains especially for raiders due to the risks of loss. The alts remove that as well as the distance which in reality is often a convenient excuse.

Their Gear, Their Affinity, Their Stuff.

People are also hesitant to go running across the map to help some other guy getting raided when their stuff is safe for the moment. Wether people like to admit it to themselves or others the thought

"Why risk my stuff to go help "X" player getting raided on the other side of the map and have to travel all that way and risk losing my gear on top of being away from home incase i need to vault up my own stuff" happens. It's human.

I could build roads 15 tiles wide connecting Everything in JKH to Strongbox and give everyone 100 5 speed horses and They still ain't coming on their mains. People are just very reluctant to leave their area on their mains especially for raiders due to the risks of loss. The alts remove that as well as the distance which in reality is often a convenient excuse.

There are things you can do, back when a part of the mongols were DS, me and mojo went around and made flat roads that weren't even paved with 50-70ql minedoors along them every 50-100 tiles.

that way, enemies will easily mistake your roads and you have places to hide.

You can do that with a gravel/cobble/wooden floorboard/slabbed road too, whatever suits your fancy.

True, and i'm not saying that improving the Road network across Serenity wouldn't be in the best interests of all residents. I'm just saying that roads while an improvement to daily life won't spur the cooperative activity and Organizational structure we need since Travel times and difficulty is only a slice of the overall challenge we're faced with.

Edited by Joanavon

I think your idea Protunia is a bang up one. Worthy indeed.

Some people hate it because they won't get the affinity's they want from the mains, but so what. Not everything on Epic is supposed to please everybody.

and YES, I have a right to state my opinion here... now... I will say no more...

somebody pass the cookies.

Edited by Kyrmius

I think your idea Protunia is a bang up one. Worthy indeed.

Some people hate it because they won't get the affinity's they want from the mains, but so what. Not everything on Epic is supposed to please everybody.

and YES, I have a right to state my opinion here... now... I will say no more...

somebody pass the cookies.

I underlined and emboldened my favorite part.

None the less a smidge of progress has been made in the very early stages.

hx8cj8.jpg

First of all... you WISH lol

second... yes I am "eating crow".

Hey well I guess we all change and want some strange eventually ;)

My main accoun is in inde but my alt is in chaos, but this seems like an even i want my alt to be part with. Hell maybe i even buy some prem for my alt too since i am doing this.

This kinda all died where it started..once all the mongol alts got bored. (and not just mongols..hehe)

Edited by Aodhan

This kinda all died where it started..once all the mongol alts got bored. (and not just mongols..hehe)

Troll less please. I was mongol and I support Joanavon's desire to improve his kingdom. If more of you even had half as much drive as he does then your kingdom would be a lot better off.