Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

Houses

Thanks for posting these here. I had presumed that any updates would be on the forum - hadn't realised you had to be a social network butterfly to pick up titbits from all over the place!

Yeah, it is a major problem with the entire Wurm dev team. Wosso said he is working on that, but seems he hasn't had much success yet.

It looks great on the outside doors of a stone house but if you have stone doors inside a house, it looks utterly stupid (specially since the wood panel makes no sense for a door inside a house).

Edited by Hussars

The door surround and handle look very good now, so I will look forward to seeing that on stable. Good idea to make the door overhang as a craftable option that people can build and install if they *choose* to do so, as in that manner I may decide to use it at times when my designs would benifit from that effect. These *optional* features are what I would like to see more of.

=Ayes=

Keep in mind what you are using with unstable is called test_graphics.

They are on every door for now but will be buildable as addon in final.

Yay! buildable addons! Wonder what else is planned so far...

Just thought of a use for those overhangs inside... if we could attach signs...indoor market area (strip malls coming to Wurm!)

Just thought of a use for those overhangs inside... if we could attach signs...indoor market area (strip malls coming to Wurm!)

Imagine actual window sills that you can put items on. :wub:

Edited by Sarcaticous

Floors from Multi-Story Houses.

Images taken on Test client or via Softimage

Options

MetalFloor.jpg

Wood floor - Needs Large Nail + Plank

FloorWooden_zps592a9baf.png

Stone Brick - Brick + Mortar

FloorClayBrick_zpsf8193887.png

Stone Slab - Slab

FloorStoneSlab_zps3959a1eb.png

very nice floors. glad to see a wood floor and brick floor that isn't wavy like an ocean. :) how will these effect the ground floors though? i notice they look thick, so will there be a small step up on the ground floor?

Although the slab is pretty, will this be the default texture for everything slabbed currently? It's going to look a little odd on roads and where people have used it on the side of hills, canals etc.

• Like 1

house floors are different from terrain tiles, there is a good chance that there will be both.

Thanks for posting these here. I had presumed that any updates would be on the forum - hadn't realised you had to be a social network butterfly to pick up titbits from all over the place!

Yeah, it is a major problem with the entire Wurm dev team. Wosso said he is working on that, but seems he hasn't had much success yet.

Well that's what social media is for...

Well that's what social media is for...

I only look at the forums. I don't mess with all that other crap.

Looking awesome. How come no overhang on Double Doors on Stone houses? Would make a great porch effect.

Social media has its place but any info posted on any of them should be replicated on the forum. I prefer to go to one place and get all my information. While social media sites are great for a lot of people I have to think there are just as many people as myself that have no desire to use them. Imagine one dev posting on twitter, another on the forum and yet another writing in a blog. This just leads to a fragmentation of information and in my opinion a waste of my time having to keep up with them all just to stay abreast with new game information,bugs,models,sneak peaks, etc...

• Like 3

It looks great on the outside doors of a stone house but if you have stone doors inside a house, it looks utterly stupid (specially since the wood panel makes no sense for a door inside a house).

m7ED0.jpg

Most certainly there needs to be a difference in texture between interior and exterior walls so there's no trim and no overhang inside. For now however, I can live with compulsory overhang outdoors.

It would be nice seeing a picture from the 2nd floor of a multi story house already.

It would be nice seeing a picture from the 2nd floor of a multi story house already.

You can't stand on the second floor at the moment so that's impossible.

can different stories of a house be different materials? This could lead to awesome new Tudor-style house looks.

Yes each wall segment is crafted individually, the idea being to have maximum flexiblity and varying wall types eventually (not for the december release though!). So basically leave it to the players to create as beautiful or as awful looking house you want :)

• Like 7

You can't stand on the second floor at the moment so that's impossible.

Aye, such a pic would have to be from a flying GM.

varying wall types eventually (not for the december release though!)

I am so happy they are going to be there "eventually" that I don't mind at all if they miss the december target

(which is only the internal target window anyway)