Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Fixed Mining Timers

I think I'll leave that to Xianruflux, he's the one who's super tightly wound about this lol XD

Oookay, mining timers seem to be not fixed. With my high ql pickaxe(95ql, 94 WoA) I have a 3.2 second still. With my lower ql (85 ql, 84 WoA) I have 4.8 seconds where before I had 4.6.

The post says next patch, so it isn't out yet I think?

The "next patch" was today, I may be mistaken about my timer changing with a lower ql pick though.

I think one of the issues Xianruflex found with woa, was that a 80 woa could be faster then a 90 woa on the same tool, so that slight increase you see might actually be quite right.

Note that Rolf only said he fixed the woa issue sofar. He hasn't said anything about the skill and ql effects.

Anyone tested these to see if they're really fixed?

They are not. My mining timer has dropped from 5.8s to 5.9s on first action.

88ql pickaxe, 84woa, 71 mining, 74 pickaxe skill.

5.9s, 6.4s, 8.1s, 8.5s, 8.9s on 5 actions, before the timers nerf months ago I had like 4 4 5 5 6.

I couldn't find anything weird with ql and speed being inverted. I manage to reach a minimum first action time (on the test server) of less than 3 secs with full stamina, high ql pick and very good skills.

Minimum time for these actions are 3 seconds, but high stamina (only) may drive that down to 80%. If you have close to 100 skill you will be close to 3 seconds and WoA won't help.

When you have high skill, lower ql tools will lower your skill and then WoA would have impact.

I guess it's possible that higher WoA gives lower speeds if the tool ql is lower but the WoA is higher since it has less impact than the skill at high levels.

In general, for higher skills and tools with WoA this change would affect the time of stacked actions mainly.

They are not. My mining timer has dropped from 5.8s to 5.9s on first action.

5.9s, 6.4s, 8.1s, 8.5s, 8.9s on 5 actions, before the timers nerf months ago I had like 4 4 5 5 6.

That .1 drop is weird. Was the following actions slower before this particular update though?

Pretty much everyone and her aunt had minimum mining time before the change except real newbies who had very long timers. But I guess the skill, quality and WoA could come into play on subsequent actions instead.

nvm, I just realised something and I no longer have any complaints about mining/digging timers.

Edited by Wulfgar

Pretty much everyone and her aunt had minimum mining time before the change except real newbies who had very long timers. But I guess the skill, quality and WoA could come into play on subsequent actions instead.

I see your point, I shouldn't expect 4s mining timers with such low skill just because they were so low before.

I guess we need someone with 2 similar QL pickaxes, one with and one without woa to test if woa is working. I withdraw all complaints about this topic.

Rolf, what people don't understand is that you made a patch to speed up bulk actions, including mining and digging. Then you made a statement that they were sped up too much, with was acceptable, But now they ended up being slower than before the original patch.

I have no time today but I will be testing this in the near future and I will post my results in this thread. If anyone on Freedom has an iron Pick with WoA 87 or higher and 85 ql or less that they would like to sell please pm me. No reasonable price will be refused.

Before the patch my first mining action was 6.9 seconds. After the patch it's 7.2 seconds. This is with a 79ql pick and 90woa and 73 mining skill.

After recent modification:

5.0s, 5.1s, 6.8s, 73.s, 7.8s

Thanks for looking into it, I call this "bug" looked into and fixed.

MUCH better.... with a 85ql pick, 80 WoA, I'm back down to 4 seconds. With a 94ql pick, 95 WoA, I'm at 2.3 seconds several times in a row :)

Preliminary results indicate "Job Well Done" to the Dev. team. Now, what am I going to do with all my free time?

89.85ql pickaxe, 74woa

2.7-2.7-2.8-2.8-2.8-2.8-2.8

kinda too fast imo

89.85ql pickaxe, 74woa

2.7-2.7-2.8-2.8-2.8-2.8-2.8

kinda too fast imo

And what is your pickaxe skill? Would I be wrong guessing you are playing on Epic?

My times with 85ql/85WoA pickaxe, mining is 89, pick skill is 91are: 4.8/5.3/6.6/6.8/7.1 The rest of us play on Freedom and none of us has numbers anything like yours. I would suggest changing the timers on Epic only if it is agreed that this is too fast.

Edit to add my timers

Edited by Xianruflux

MUCH better.... with a 85ql pick, 80 WoA, I'm back down to 4 seconds. With a 94ql pick, 95 WoA, I'm at 2.3 seconds several times in a row :)

Would I be wrong guessing you are playing on Epic? The rest of us play on Freedom and none of us has numbers anything like that. I would suggest changing the timers on Epic only if it is agreed that this is too fast.

Look above, Darthryan is playing on the Freedom cluster, and yes those times are too fast IMO.

I know Darth plays on Freedom. It was Cerber who reported the too fast timers.

What has been repaired is the WoA bug. As for timers being slower or faster that is a Dev choice and does not require my input.

Edited by Xianruflux

And what is your pickaxe skill? Would I be wrong guessing you are playing on Epic?

you're wrong, i play on indy

sorry i forgot to post it, though i don't think timers are different between epic and freedom

pickaxe skill is 99.36, mining is 98.88

the pick has 79coc on it too, maybe there is a bug but can't check as i don't have any pick with only woa

edit: what wulfgar means is that darthryan also has fast timers (2.3s) and he plays on freedom

Edited by Cerber

At that high of skill i don't see the trouble with fast timers if you put that much work into it why not?

I bow to your superior mining skills and tools. I do not think that my timers are out of line considering my skill and tools nor do I think are your timers. Most players will never get anywhere near those timers.

I was told by staff that timers on Test and Epic were faster due to the curve but that would only affect them at lower skill levels not at your skill level.

Maybe time to open a new thread suggesting a cap on timers?