Sign in to follow this  
Zaracy

Newbie - Celebration Server?

Hi,

I'm a newbie coming back to Wurm. Tried it 6 months ago, liked it, got frustrated, stopped. Now I'm back, again. I'm sure you've all heard that story plentiful.

I noticed that there is a new server called Celebration. Is it a good choice for someone like me? Will I be able to find a suitable settlement over there? Any(one/village) is open to help out a newbie ? Plenty of open space?

Or maybe I should go on different server?

Any advice is welcome here,

Thanks,

If you come to Indy, we have a new player resource (Inner City Orphanage) now that might make it less frustrating, we have cottages and resources where new players can learn the game in a safe environment. We mostly leave you to your own projects but make sure you have what you need to fully explore the game: http://forum.wurmonl...shop-tree-farm/

Probably lots of villages on Celebration willing to take on an extra pair of hands. Just be wary of ones looking for a lot of cheap labor but there's great villages out there too, that are heavily focused on helping new players get involved with the game on a positive note, in an active social environment with new friends. Check maybe the Village Recruitment thread and see if anything there sounds like the type of place you are looking for: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/84-village-recruitment-centre/

PS: Took three tries over about six years for me to be able to get into Wurm, third time for me was the charm so keep trying ^_^ Sometimes its just a matter of connecting with the right time & place. I knew that the game "on paper" was my dream game so that kept me coming back for another try at it.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I can recommend Brash's newbie village as an excellent way to reduce frustration levels and get a good foundation in the game. Although I have not been a part of "Inner City Orphanage" it was a similar project which I found just in the nick of time that kept me in the game. That was three years ago.

If you do go to Celebration look up Claies, he has a good reputation for helping out new players. Good luck with whatever you choose.

If you cant get ahold of Claies on Cele, look up Onyr. Our village has a half dozen homes with yards for new players to learn without the stress of starving to death. We enjoy helping people learn the game and get to know the softer side of the community.

Wurm is truly waiting.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, September 19, 2012 - offtopic
Hidden by Jberg, September 19, 2012 - offtopic

Avoid Celebration. It's full of the worst of the worst people and you'll end up on someones KoS for something silly.

Theres allways Epic home servers. Epic got increased skillgains and home servers are as safe place to live as in Freedumb ones.

Allso on Epic home servers too plays alot oldschool wurmians eager to get new people to hook up on the game.

Welcome to Wurm!

If you need help on Cele or Exo I can help you or put you in touch with people who can. They are both wonderful places and there are tons of nice people on both places.

Not that the others aren't great as well, these are the two where I spend my time.

Edited by Jberg
Moderation Edit

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, September 19, 2012 - offtopic
Hidden by Jberg, September 19, 2012 - offtopic

Avoid Celebration. It's full of the worst of the worst people and you'll end up on someones KoS for something silly.

Edited by jmitch