Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

(24/08/2012) Some Fixes For Next Patch

The following issues have hopefully been fixed today and will take effect after an upcoming patch:

• No-drop items such as writs, settlement forms etc. should no longer be lost on server transfer.
  • Double house door sound has been removed.
  • Horde of the Summoned recruits will now have Libila as their faith.
  • Non-premiums should now be able to transfer via epic portal between Celebration and Affliction.
  • The faith bonus provided by altars should now work better and bugs there have been fixed.
  • Wind of Ages has been tweaked to deal with some issues it has had at high casts.
  • The bug where walls could go missing was fixed.
  • You no longer get a large reputation hit from lockpicking an enemy house on home servers.
  • Small wine barrels are now correctly named. Note these do not yet have models.
  • Temporary Fix: Animals can no longer pass arched walls. This will be reverted once the bug with arched walls allowing any animals through regardless of door type is fixed.

Oh, and we’ve got news back in the launcher now after fixing an error in the URL from which it reads RSS feeds.

View the full article
  • Like 7

Better late than never I guess. Keep it up. :D I hope you'll be reading through more of the bugs in the server bugs section, there's lots of really annoying but in fact very small bugs there.

My biggest annoyance currently has got to be the arrow thing. Please find out if it's a missing "Arrow breaks" message like you thought or if it is a bug. I think it's a bug because of how often it happens...it's really frequent and happens as often for 40ql as it does for 70ql arrows.

Oh, and we’ve got news back in the launcher now after fixing an error in the URL from which it reads RSS feeds.

View the full article

Is there an url for the RSS feed that we can access

ah I think it is thre Tumbler url, nevermind :D

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yes, but that wasn't the bug, WoA has little effect at high skill, because the skill is already enough to hit minimum timers.

The bug was that high power WoA got issues with cued actions. while the first action was always faster, queing five actions with 90 WoA could take longer then cueing five actions at 80 WoA.

@Rolf any info about fixing the base timers as well? Mining and digging are still slower than before you tried to speed them up.

Bug fixes do tend to be awesome.

Its especially nice being able to view news again.

• Like 2

@Rolf any info about fixing the base timers as well? Mining and digging are still slower than before you tried to speed them up.

They are only slower because something got messed up with tool QL's influence on speed. For example 89-90QL lowers the timer by approximately 1 second.Its odd because it should be 95% efficient at 70QL, like armour and weapons IMO.

I am hoping the WoA fix will bring my mining timers down to previous levels when it goes live (monday hopefully).

They are only slower because something got messed up with tool QL's influence on speed. For example 89-90QL lowers the timer by approximately 1 second.Its odd because it should be 95% efficient at 70QL, like armour and weapons IMO.

I am hoping the WoA fix will bring my mining timers down to previous levels when it goes live (monday hopefully).

Wait so is woa going to work again on high ql items even if we have high skill?

Wait so is woa going to work again on high ql items even if we have high skill?

Thats what the patch notes say, so I guess we will have to wait and see when the patch goes live.

Edited by KaiH
Moderation Edit

You had say, 80 woa doing 5s timers, and 90 woa on the same tool doing 4.8s timers... (random example)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, August 26, 2012 - unrelated spam
Hidden by KaiH, August 26, 2012 - unrelated spam

My name is not Tony, you say that like it means something... Thanks for the info though, chap.

You had say, 80 woa doing 5s timers, and 90 woa on the same tool doing 4.8s timers... (random example)

That would be more or less ok like that. The problem was when you did three actions in a row you had like

5s 6s 7s on the 80 tool but 4,8s 6s 7,4s on the 90 tool (first faster but third slower)

Also WoA on high skill is not necessarily that useless it can do things like taking your timers from 3 4 5 down to 3 3 4 (no change on first, but some on following)

Edited by Keldun

Thanks to the team for hearing our concerns and responding appropriately. I am looking forward to seeing how these fixes play out.

Thank you Rolf! Glad to see you're diving into some annoying bugs and getting them worked out.

View hidden Post

My name is not Tony, you say that like it means something... Thanks for the info though, chap.

His name is Mark, but yes he's Tony :P

View hidden Post

Nobody has noticed yet that I am the real Tony

Why was the double door sound removed?

Not the sound of a double door but a double sound from a door

Sign in to follow this