Sign in to follow this  
Raybarg

We Need Light In Our Darkest Hour!

Bring back our lights on deed without needing to purchase spirit templar.

Simple as that.

This is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Seriously, this whole light change has been nothing but a joke, right?

First ppl said it was to give olive oil a use which is just stupid since there are numerous more valid uses for oil that could have been implemented.

Then ppl argued that it added realism. Well, THAT fell by the wayside when Rolf introduced a very broken karma system for lighting lamps. So, much more realistic, eh?

Then we go weeks trying to figure out how the oil barrels are suppose to work...do you or don't you have to hire a spirit templar to make them work?

Now Rolf announces that indeed a spirit templar is required and rather than an outcry to stop all this nonsense there has been almost dead silence. Have all the ppl who actually cared about the future of Wurm already quit or are they all just exhausted by the constant need to fight nerfs after the fact? I don't know but the silence on this is flat out scary to me.

• Like 8

Imo if Rolf was going to reverse his call on this he would have done so already. As much as I hate Olive trees they are not hard to plant and 1s is not hard to come up with. I did not like the change but the game evolves so I adapt and move on.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, August 25, 2012 - offtopic
Hidden by Jberg, August 25, 2012 - offtopic

Break out all that silver you made and stop being cheap raybug :P

View hidden Post

All these threads are getting really annoying

• Like 1

I just hate spirit templars, how they look, move around.. they come stare at me, its creepy. I dont want spirit templar! So I have to play in darkness, butt my head against walls with skin of oil trying to find a lamp to light it?

Im holding my deeds and my alts as hostages, whenever I get angryticks from this, I put one of those in line.

View hidden Post

All these threads are getting really annoying

No, what's getting really annoying are all the posts like yours that add nothing to the discussion. You've got a reason for being in support of this change then state it. If not then kindly keep your fingers to yourself. No one is forcing you to read anything that doesn't interest you.

• Like 1

All this outrage because you now have to spend like 10 mins every couple of weeks to fill your lamps (or to make olive oil)?

I'm only half inclined to comment on this since i made my deed after the change took place, but i haven't had a single problem with this mechanic. Seems to make sense (lamps get empty - need to be refilled), helps informing you about places (no lamps - probably abandoned place), and unless you have HUNDREDS of lamps the process of refilling them is a minor nuisance at worst.

But i'm not a long time player, so maybe i'm overlooking something here that makes it unbearable. If that is the case, clue me in.

Yes, my deed has been around for about 1.5 years. I have got good share of my blacksmithing skill making the lamps to light it. The reason I have built highway on my deed tiles was to light it without need to worry about it.

Quite simply Venture not having to do anything in order to have your lamps work has been a feature of deeds for a long time now. A feature that players asked for and Rolf granted. Those of us who pay for large chunks of upkeep time on our deeds in advance paid that money with the understanding that deed lamps were part of the deal. So, having that removed, & the added insult of now having to hire a spirit templar for even more silver, does not sit well with us. IMO I paid for something that now I'm not receiving. I wouldn't tolerate that from any other business so idk why ppl think I'll tolerate it from a game.

heh, I agree that when the templar suddenly comes over and stands two inches from my face... it's creepy.

Olive season right now btw.

I'm still using tar myself. Haven't kept track but my lamps do seem to burn for a very long time. Low ql lamps and low ql tar.

Do the lamps still turn on and off by themselves without a Templar?

Anyone thought of starting a lamp filling service?

Do I get any royalties for suggesting it if you do?

Edit: Amber, I do get your point about having bought a deed with certain understandings in place, and now feeling like this was a breach of contract. I haven't gone looking for it in the documentation, but every other online game I've ever played has always had a clause about "changes without notice." It doesn't make it any more palatable, I know, but it is par for the course. It would be the same with any other company or service with that clause in the initial contract. :(

Edited by Reylaark

+1

The change was to make oil more valuable, but of course its a nice sideeffect that sudenly everyone who doesnt want a templar has to buy one. Cant we have this done by the same guy that magically keeps our walls repaired?

View hidden Post

Kill all the olive trees. DIE

+1

The change was to make oil more valuable, but of course its a nice sideeffect that sudenly everyone who doesnt want a templar has to buy one. Cant we have this done by the same guy that magically keeps our walls repaired?

You mean nice side effect in that Rolf makes more money? >,> <,<

Or nice side effect mobs get needlessly killed?

Cant we have this done by the same guy that magically keeps our walls repaired?

Uhm... hate to say it, but would you feel better if the templar took care of repairs as well? :ph34r:

Or nice side effect mobs get needlessly killed?

You can set your templar to not kill aggressives at your token. No, I'm not saying this makes everything okay... just addressing that one thing you mentioned.

Uhm... hate to say it, but would you feel better if the templar took care of repairs as well? :ph34r:

No, I'd disband my deeds on the spot if that were the case.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

[16:50:06] The settlement of Sangsara has just been disbanded by Dichiara.

More to follow.

View hidden Post

This brings to mind more things that Rolf can do to annoy us in conjunction with Spirit Templars and their associated duties on deeds.

The following deed features should only function if the additional 1 silver per month is paid to hire a Spirit Templar in order to make deed costs more benificial for Rolf's game income.

1. House walls and fencing on deed tiles will decay as normal without a Spitir Templar.

2. Lamps planted on deed will decay and not turn on and off without a Spirit Templar.

3. Anyone will be able to bash in walls and fencing on deeds without a Spirit Templar.

4. Anyone will be able to pick up and take anything on deeds without a Spirit Templar.

5. All aggro mobs will be able to bash walls and enter deeds without a Spirit Templar.

6. Aggro mobs will spawn on deed tiles without a Spirit Templar.

7. Guard Towers will not be able to be built on deed tiles without a Spirit Templar.

8. All domestic animals on deeds will not be protected from harm from other players without a Spirit Templar.

9. Alliances between deeds will not be able to be formed without a Spirit Templar.

10. Deed upkeep costs will be doubled without a Spirit Templar.

These are the only reasonable continuances of this Spirit Templar concept of having them required to operate lamp filling oil barrels that I can come up with at the moment but hopefully they will get Rolf's mind working on more ways to make them "useful" for deed operations as an attractive option for deed owners who for too long have avoided their reasonable use in these situations.

*chuckles*

=Ayes=

View hidden Post

11. Highways on a deed will only get protected status if a Spirit Templar is present.

12. Highways on a deed can have protected status lifted by owner... if a Spirit Templar is present.

13. Spirit Templar will gather all of Alyeska's red dye, and bring it to me. Spirit Templar will take the fall if caught.

14. Spirit Templar will butcher and bury corpses, cook the meat and set the table.

15. For an extra silver, the Spirit Templar will agree to stop staring.

That's all pretty darn funny but honestly the point isn't to make spirit templars more valueable but to make deeds worth their cost. I've asked the question before but I'll repeat myself....

What exactly do I need a deed for now? I can build walls & fences of such high quality that repairs would take me way less time once or twice a year than I'd spend earning the silver to pay the upkeep on a deed. With a few well placed high ql stone sheds I can virtually eliminate the possiblity that anyone can deed over me to steal my spot. If I follow enclosure rules all my stuff is safe so....why do I want or need a deed now?

If Rolfs goal was to make deeds beneficial to only newer players with low skill I think he's on the right track. Noobs need a deed so their stuff doesn't rot in a week & they need protection from the weak creatures a spirit templar can kill but the rest of us don't.

Whether he meant for things to work out this way I don't know but he's devalued both deeds & spirit templars to the point that you have to wonder why you are paying for either.

Lamps? I can live without them if it means paying again for something I already paid for once.

Deeds? I need to replace some gates with gatehouses & imp some fences & then I can join Raybarg in disbanding my deeds.

• Like 1

Well, someone could conceivably deed over your fences and place your buildings within their perimiter if they wanted to wait a year or more for them to rot away. I think this whole deed system is screwed anyway. ;)

Well Amber, perimiters can be made to be very large with even a small deeded area in the center, so I think it would be fairly easy for anyone to put a large perimiter over a disbanded deed that is still being used by the previous deed owner actively. I know there is a huge deed on Deliverance that would have expanded their perimiter even further if there were not a small deed placed there to prevent it.

As of this point, deeds still do have their nice decay prevention benifits and preserve the deeded space from being taken over by another after even a long period of time if it were disbanded. I probably will let a few of my smaller deeds run out but my main and secondary I really would not want to have disbanded at this stage of the game. If my above "suggestions" did come into effect I would have to then rethink the validity of having any deeds at all. Until that time most will tolerate these poor decisions of Rolf's and try to enjoy the better aspects that the game offers.

=Ayes=

• Like 2