Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wurm 1.0 Internal Deadline Set

the new character models that have customizable face features, visible armour and proper bone structure.

No more clones!!!

I must have missed it, any examples?

• Like 1

"providing a strong end game."

Wurm has never had an "end game"

Sure its got end-game - its a game of who can collect the most silver coins. There's many ways people can achieve this and it isn't limited to one path alone (like traditional thme park MMOs). You can raise desired skills to make and improve items/objects, go hunting and sell the resulting spoils, or just trade goods for goods in the economy and make a little on each transaction to build up your coin collection. With the biggest collection of coin comes the most power :)

Very nice information Rolf. Was looking at the stone building test counted six floors!, I can see this taking my mason skill to 100.

Wait. Someone brought this up in alliance chat. The OP doesnt mention what year...

• Like 1

I'm happy that something is happening now, there has been a long, long time after the last this big update.

Edited by Dragonmob

I hope you have some catapult solutions to this in mind for pvpers.

Wait. Someone brought this up in alliance chat. The OP doesnt mention what year...

Give Rolf some credit. After all we did get the bridges for christmas that one year, didn't we ;)

Sure its got end-game - its a game of who can collect the most silver coins. There's many ways people can achieve this and it isn't limited to one path alone (like traditional thme park MMOs). You can raise desired skills to make and improve items/objects, go hunting and sell the resulting spoils, or just trade goods for goods in the economy and make a little on each transaction to build up your coin collection. With the biggest collection of coin comes the most power :)

Dude I don't live on Freedom, my goals are not surrounded by money or ingame silvers, I play to have fun and win the Epic server.

Shows how greedy some people are tbh.

Edited by Ezalor
  • Like 3

Even

Dude I don't live on Freedom, my goals are not surrounded by money or ingame silvers, I play to have fun and win the Epic server.

Even without the goal to "win" this game makes still sense, to me at least. If I'm out for a win I'd rather play chess or Go.

In wurm you can set "internal private goals", how much and whatever you like, even including money making of course.

We all have our goals, in life, love and, of course, in Wurm. My goal in the game is to be the best Weaponsmith and fighter there is. I'm at 87+ weapon smithing and at 74 fs. But if I keep at it, I'll get there.

Thats the rule here. If you persist, you'll do well in this game.

• Like 1

I'm extremely excited about this announcement. I do hope that with all the implementation of new features, those of us with unimpressive rigs can still play without massive performance hits. I'll admit I have little knowledge of what this means for a java dependent game. Nevertheless, I'm relatively new and the Wurm 1.0 goals are in line with most of what I have been wanting to be changed/tweaked. I appreciate all the hard work from Rolf, the devs and the community testers. =)

No, it just shows how many types of endgames you can have. This game is for everyone to do what they want, and come up with their own 'endgame'. Just because you don't follow someone else's goals does not make them better or worse than your goals. So reign in that attitude a little, ok?

No, it just shows how many types of endgames you can have. This game is for everyone to do what they want, and come up with their own 'endgame'. Just because you don't follow someone else's goals does not make them better or worse than your goals. So reign in that attitude a little, ok?

Making money off a game isn't something I find very amusing. People can have their own endgames, but saying that Wurm actually has one is a downright lie. I have no respect for people that want to make a buck off of everything. Hence why I usually give my friends/villagers anything they request from me.

Look at Wild, 5 years with barely a pulse in the past year? .. Even as Wild there was no endgame, now its Chaos and "a part" of the ultimate never ending sandbox of Freedom.....

• Like 1

Making money off a game isn't something I find very amusing. People can have their own endgames, but saying that Wurm actually has one is a downright lie. I have no respect for people that want to make a buck off of everything.

Furthermore, that's something you could try in real life. Why playing a game and then doing the same as in RL? What a waste and what a tragically lack of imagination...

• Like 1

In my opinion, it's better to never have a game where you would essentially "win," especially one such as Wurm. A sandbox game does not need developer-set objectives to win, but rather community and personal set goals that a group or single person can achieve on his own free time. After all, Wurm is a sandbox game with PvP elements, not a combat simulator with sandbox-like building.

Rolf needs to put more of an emphasis on the fact that his game is a Sandbox, and not a Combat Simulator, and then maybe we'll start getting more than the roughly 3,400 subscribers we have now.

With that being said, all of the new goals that Rolf has set seem very great ones. I'm excited to see the progression of Wurm now, and as I have been throughout the last 5 years that I've been playing. I plan on continuing to do so as long as the game continues to prosper. That will only happen if Rolf sets reasonable goals about the future of his game, and currently, he seems to be headed in the right direction.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

I live on Freedom but I will never participate in it's "End Game". I have different goals as well. Not all Freedomites are money grubbing fanatics.

I am glad to see a "1.0" goal approach for completion. Thank You Devs and Staff.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1

After almost ten years of development we have set our first deadline ever!

LETS DANEC!!!!

*arowhun dances and folics*

now no takesie backsies

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Who knows maybe one day soon a typical Wurm village will look like this (image via google):

village.gif

Actually, if you had the new wooden wall textures on the second floor and stone on the first floor it would look exactly like this!

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Actually, if you had the new wooden wall textures on the second floor and stone on the first floor it would look exactly like this!

Who knows, maybe thats some old concept art Rolf did for Wurm a long time ago.

Making money off a game isn't something I find very amusing. People can have their own endgames, but saying that Wurm actually has one is a downright lie. I have no respect for people that want to make a buck off of everything. Hence why I usually give my friends/villagers anything they request from me.

Look at Wild, 5 years with barely a pulse in the past year? .. Even as Wild there was no endgame, now its Chaos and "a part" of the ultimate never ending sandbox of Freedom.....

If you cared to actually read my post you would see I didn't say I was making money off the game, I said I was collecting silvers.

Next time you want to plant the self-righteous flag, make sure you know what side you're rallying against. Economics is a valid play style in *every* sandbox. As much as I hate to reference it, look at Eve Online, trade is at least half that game.

How much silver a person holds is a fairly valid way of gauging their success at this game on the PvE side of things - like counting how many affinities a person has is a valid way of doing the same on PvP servers (that is how they still work, right? you kill someone you pinch their affinity?).

Edited by Kaloth

Kaloth... some of us believe that "how many silvers a players has aquired" should never be an indicator of success or failure at all. It's a personal choice of point of view just like yours.

and btw... where I live it's the People that have money and that think wealth is great that are the self-righteous ones... those same people I have to deal with everyday in real life have really gotten on my nerves too. So I tend to see money as an evil and corrupting influence, not as the benign tool it is supposed to be.

All just different points of view.

Edited by Kyrmius

Its a sandbox game, so no one is wrong for saying what THEY beleive there own "End Game" Is.

• Like 1

I will ask again. Is there going to be a special title,special item or if customizable characters come out a special skin for those who played before wurm 1.0?

Sign in to follow this