Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wurmcrier (Irc Bot) Public Test Thursday 23Rd August

Over the last couple of weeks, PR Assistant Maximusi (MaxC in IRC) and others have been working on a new IRC bot for the #wurm official IRC channel called WurmCrier.

It has a number of useful features including timed staff announcements for important news and server status checking so you can find which servers are offline (if any). It also moderates the channel among other things.

We have recently had a really successful staff test and now we believe it is ready for a public test.

All you need to do is turn up in the temporary #wurmtest channel on this Thursday 23rd August between 20:00 and 23:00 GMT (22:00 to 01:00 CEST) and take a look at the new features and try them out.

You do not necessarily need any technical knowledge to take part. We want to put the bot through a lot of work to see if under stress, any unexpected issues arise.

Hope to see you there!

Wossoo (Poseidon@wurmonline.com)

View the full article

We have worked our hardest to prevent it being a spam bot with features such as auto silence when the chanel goes silent. In a time of crisis where every minute some one logs on irc and asks what's going on it can help reduce people having to constantly repeat themselves.

Just a note for everyone I have done a post here in the Town Square section of details about how to connect to IRC and join the test channel if you do not know how to - Its very easy :-)

If you have any problems please let me know I will be happy to assist.

The bot is amazing, big well done to Max for his efforts.

Someone could walk in to irc and ask "Are the servers up?" The bot will pick up on them saying that and PM them with server details automatically, its pretty neat ;)

• Like 1

Any chance to get the bot to also make public logs of the chat channel?

Someone used to do this some time ago, and it was pretty useful considering how often rolf (and other devs) say important stuff on irc only.

• Like 1

It could be a possible future idea. I will make a note of it and will look into it when we start coding V3 after V2 launch.

I'm coding up some of the last bits and bobs ahead of this evening. It's gonna be good :D

Interesting idea and hopefully I will find time during my work day to be online for the test. Thanks for answering some my questions max.

Edited by Ruger

I would like to say thank you to everyone that joined in the test today. In my book the test went extremely well. A few bugs where highlighted but I expected that it was the whole point of testing but overall things went well.

Over this coming weekend I will be working on the bugs highlighted and then well.... We will see what happens next.

As a quick highlight the bug list is:

> We had an incident when a server was reported down when it wasn't (maybe of been server lag causing it)

> Time command not including some key timezones

> Moderation Rules

> A bug in the banning system

As well as a couple of new highlighted features during test. I look forward to posting an update and if there was anything else you noticed that I have missed please let me know.

Regards,

Maximusi

Sign in to follow this