Sign in to follow this  
Tek

Kami Market! Open For Business

KAMI MARKET

After a long construction period we are pleased to announce that the Kami Market is open for business once again! Feel free to drop by for all of your shopping needs or to place your very own merchant to sell goods! After further consideration and feedback from the community we have closed the cave canal that was constructed and returned the old canal back to a passable spot right through the center of the market. We have kept a 1 tile landbridge for animal crossing; so large ships will have to push/pull over the 1 tile. Once bridges are placed in game we will change again to full boat access and a bridge for foot traffic.

The new market has many great features and more to come as we continue our work. Currently there are stalls in place for 124 merchants, with more room to expand if needed.

Some additional features to the market include:

- Public Trader, open to all! No need to ask for access

- Plenty of docking space from both sides

- 124 market stalls

- Two mailboxes

- Two Inns

- Space for bulk sales

- Land crossing between North and South of map (1 tile in old canal, 9 deep)

- Love tile

- Guard Tower to keep you safe! Also a templar!

- Chapel with Fo, Vyn and Mag altar

Coming Soon!

- Ship sales

- Live auctions

- Raffles and contests!

-Animal Pens for Animal Sales

... and more

Located at AC52

Contacts:

Ishymitsukai (Owner/Contact)

Tek (PR/Contact) (Topdog in-game)

Reply 2 - Screenshots

Reply 3 - Market Overview, Layout, Merchants

Edited by Tek

Some screenshots of the market, since we all love screenies

Main Market

AlofS.jpg

Market View

UtifE.jpg

Kami Inn #1

fiJej.jpg

Trader

nXR1Z.jpg

Edited by Tek

Layout

dukZW.jpg

(No listing = Open stall)

Section A - BULK MERCHANTS (Open Stalls Available free of charge - Feel free to place)

Section B - BULK MERCHANTS (Open Stalls Available free of charge - Feel free to place)

Section C

mPxq5.png

1. Dark Armoury (Weapons, Armor, Shields)
  2. Kinky Leathers (Leather Goods, Armor)
  3. Made in Irongate (Various ropes and tools)

4. Local Shop (Variety; tools, pelts etc)

5. Oh Hey (Variety Shop)

Section D

x3Xd5.png

1. TekMart (Various Tools and Enchanted Tools)
  2. B.A Merch (Chain Armor)

3. HippyDippy - Ropes, Anchors, Sprouts

Edited by Tek

Congratulations on the opening of this market! As a neighbor I can attest to the enormous amount of effort and planning that went into this project .... so now maybe it will be quiet again in the area!!!

Number of stalls > People on the server.

Well, I know what you're saying, but it's not technically correct;

paying-month.png

Max Average Current

Returning: 684 players 633 players 659 players

Total: 685 players 655 players 666 players

Although having 666 players is somewhat sinister...

Well, Wurm was released on 06/06/06....

Edited by Vetarnic

Updated: The cave canal has been closed off and the previous canal in the centre of the market has been remade. There is a 1 tile landbridge that is 9 deep, so animals can still pass and large boats will have to push/pull over the 1 tile. Once bridges are in game we will update to a bridge.

will be throwing tools, wepons, chain armor, few or no cloth items (rugs&sheets) on smerchant soonish.

kami is an awesome place.

Edited by Mallaboro

Everyone keep an eye out for:

Blackbird Tools (Selling various enchanted tools)

Blackbird Armory (Selling Plate Armor, Studded, Shields and occasionally chain!)

Blackbird Weaponry (Selling enchanted weapons of various types!)

Blackbird Rarities (Selling rare items, various hard to come by items such as drake, no drops etc)

ALL COMING SOON! :)

chapel is finished all 3 altars are blessed 1 for fo 1 for vynora and 1 for magnaron enjoy

lost of bulk stocked also pumpkins, wheat, strawberries, cotton and bricks

Thanks for setting this up. It looks really nice, a market to rival FM in sheer scale.

Still,

Number of stalls > People on the server.

Agreed completely. I believe in the future of this market, but as it currently stands, it feels empty and haunted. It's like shopping in a giant empty warehouse with nothing on the shelves, except the occasional rare pallet. It's unsettling.

It might have been better to design for 100 stalls, but only build 10, then scale out as demand grew and the location became recognized.

Another great option that would make better use of the available space would be for bulk vendor stalls surrounded by 5 tiles (one on either side, and a row of 3 in front) for planting BSBs or FSBs, so the merchants can sell keys to bulk goods, or a merchant stall with animal stalls next to it so the merchant can sell keys to the animals. In this configuration, waterside stalls would be planted with 2 tiles between them. That would take advantage of the location right on the water. Imagine having a merchant stall with a planted FSB on each side, and 3 planted BSBs in front of it. Now we're talking!

I still believe that this location is destined to become a great marketplace, and this is a step in that direction. But I doubt the current layout is best suited to the location's unique advantages, and would like to see fewer vendor stalls, and more room for bulk item storage.

It's the prevalence of local markets that make Celebration unique. Thank you guys for working so hard on this, and here's looking forward to bridges in the coming months!

Thanks for the feedback Garis! It's always good to get constructive feedback from people.

Our primary goal at the moment is making the market as accessible as possible. We have just completed a highway/tunnel connecting from the TD -> Kami highway through the mountains and into the north by White Knight Sanctuary/Sleepy Hollow region. This weekend we will be installing the lights and support beams as well as signing the area.

Once we have done what we can to make the market easy to access we will be monitoring usage, merchant numbers, etc and then re-evaluating the layout and seeing ways to improve it.

I liked a lot of those ideas. That was kind of the image I had in my mind for a bulk sales area.

Feedback is always appreciated, as we strive to serve the community.

Just to clarify my earlier post, the layout of those bulk merchandise stands would look something like this:

o---+---+---o---+---+---o

o F | M | F o F | M | F o

o B | B | B o B | B | B o

F = FSB

M = Merchant Stand (facing down)

B = BSB

o = fences / walls / hedges to separate the vendors.

The value of this would be much higher immediately beside the water, so that merchant ship owners could more easily load / unload from their ships into the bins. Putting them back away from the shore would not make a lot of sense.

There could also be stands that have exclusively FSBs, BSBs, or a mixture of each.

Thanks for letting me brainstorm!

Edited by Garis

What exactly is the protocol for getting a merchant placed there? Just talk to Tek or someone?

Anyone is welcome to place a merchant at Kami :) All I ask is that you post here or PM me with merchant name, what type of stuff they sell, and which stall they are located on so I can keep the listing up to date.

At the moment we are doing some rebuilding, there will no longer be merchant stands on the north side of the canal. That will be the bulk sales area (bulk merchants can place there when it is ready) so we are asking that all new merchants place their merchant on the south side of the canal. Lots of stalls open, and free for the taking.

some bulk sales are open,

merchant razzledazzle on the north side

dirt

cotton

corn

wheat

pumpkins

strawberries

also most other mechants are open and stocked on the southside of the canal

enjoy your shopping