Sign in to follow this  
Guest Docterchese

We're Doomed!

Just seems silly to me, unleash something that I am guessing the game is named after, and not even have a plan for it? I don't know about anyone else, but I still would like to make a stand against it, I say unleash the wurm, give us a time frame in which to defeat it, and if we lose, the server is reset and if we win, then something interesting :P.

Just seems silly to me, unleash something that I am guessing the game is named after, and not even have a plan for it? I don't know about anyone else, but I still would like to make a stand against it, I say unleash the wurm, give us a time frame in which to defeat it, and if we lose, the server is reset and if we win, then something interesting :P.

Um...it killed the gods. What chance do you think we have against it, hmmm?

• Like 1

Well the players were already fighting the wurm in a way, by helping them in their game of chess. We cut down a tree here, sacrifice a golden band there, lose faith, die instantly, the end.

Edited by Neskryan

Easier to do sermons than to do ALL the missions (since, as far as I know, the only missions not done are "build 500 decent caravels" and the tower missions for enemies on home servers). The system is obviously flawed because no one cares about the missions unless they're easy so they can get 1000 karma and use it to get away from enemies sometime.

stuff

If I knew as little as you did, all my posts would be giant red -1s.

I would like to see more priest friendly events. the only ones that a priest can do is sacrifice hidden items and tower rituals(maybe)

Vynora should be asking for rare logs, or coc/woa items

fo should be asking for rare dirt/clay/tar/sand or venom/life transfer items

Mag should be asking for rare ores/rockshards and idk what mag specific spells mag has(mags shielding idk)

Libila should be asking for rare logs/ores/rockshards rotting touch, web armor,

Edited by Tryfaen

If Epic doesn't have cool landscaping events, get rid of it and re-instate Wild with full pvp and PMKs, because that's essentially what Epic is right now. Lame.

I came here for those events, and not to have them makes me not want to invest anymore time here.

This is an idea I put forward about in #wurm IRC that a lot of people liked.

When the Wurm wins it sends around 2-3 groups of 50 zombie like monsters called "Servant of the Wurm".

These monsters stick together in their groups and go around the map causing carnage. They travel at around 15km/h and can climb any slope. If they come into someones local they start heading towards them to kill them. They smash walls in 1 hit and have 80 or so fighting skill each. Maybe to make it fair only one of them will fight one person one on one and if the person manages to kill the servant they are fighting the rest of the servants let out a horrific cry and freeze for 2 minutes to give the player a chance to escape before they unfreeze and start heading for them again. Deed guards do not fight them and instead all despawn the second they step onto a deed since the spirits are wise enough to know that the Servants of the Wurm are to be feared greatly.

The servants will head to each settlement on the map and destroy 80% of all buildings on the deed, mess up the terraforming a bit and if they aren't stopped will disband the deed via a 10 minute timer in which they will all surround the token chanting as they use their magic to disband the deed. (All upkeep money will go back to the deed holders bank)

Once every deed is disbanded and if they are still not stopped they will head to the Altar of Three and Bone altar. They will then start a 30 minute action timer which starts a 30 minute countdown on the screen of everyone online. This action timer is them using the black magic of their master, The Wurm, to destroy the sacred altar of three and bone altar.

If they are not all killed and stopped in this action timer the altars will be destroyed, vanquishing the only magic that was stopping The Wurm from scorching the lands into a barren wasteland of nothing but death and chaos. He will then devour the world and the Epic servers (maybe only Elevation) will go offline and everyone will teleport back to where the epic portal they teleported to Epic through last on the Freedom cluster.

Then a new map shall be created and started and everyone will go over there via the same method as before, the portals.

Once you use the portals you are teleported to a silent realm, alone. A message will come up explainging there will be no Altar of Three or Bone altar when you cross over to the Epic world. The message will explain that the gods managed to use the last of their magic to instead of the Servants of The Wurm completely shatter the Altars they only blasted them into fragments which are now buried all over the map. In this realm you choose who you want to swear aliegence to and you are then teleported to that respective start deed and the hunt begins. You can choose to become a priest at the start deed with instant 100 faith however with no holy altar in the lands you can only cast one spell, Locate fragment. This works just like Locate artifact except for the fragments and this will be how to find them. Each altar has been broken into 10 fragments, you must gather all of the ones of your respective god(s).

The site for the altars are already decided when the map is made. You must construct the altar in the site. To rebuild the altar you must have 10 priests at full favor who each hold one fragment and walk into the holy ground the altar is to be built on. There will be a small peice of rubble or something that all priests must right click on and click 'Build great Altar'. Once clicked there will be a 1 or 2 hour countdown in which the altar will start being built. In this time limit the opposing god/goddess followers must do anything they can to kill the priests and stop the rebuilding. The priests can move around but must not leave the holy area, the holy area will be pretty big, about the size of a local range so there is enough room to pvp. There can be no buildings at all in the holy area.

If 2 priests are killed and an enemy gets 2 fragments it will vanish from their inventorys and bury itself somewhere in the map again and the rebuild will be a failure.

If the rebuild is succesfull the altar being built will appear and the opposing faction will lose, but they can still attempt to build their altar later on. The successful side will get a few bonuses, good bonuses but not overpowered bonuses. These bonuses will last until the other faction successfully builds their altar in which case they will go away and the map will be back to 'normal' for a time until another scenario happens.

• Like 1

Map reset. more rivers, canals, islands.

People keep saying do the missions... In case people keep missing it, they are BUGGED, and do NOT WORK. I can speak for MRH and MR on Elevation and say that every single MRH mission has been done, and a lot of the Elevation missions have been done for the past several months, but they do not register as done! We even once did our mission on Desertion, Elevation AND on Affliction. All we got was some karma, rank, and some sleep bonus...

Who knows, if they worked, maybe Wurm wouldn't have won...

They work in the sense that you get karma + rank from them, but as far as I can tell they have absolutely no sway on the Valrei map. I did so many for Vynora yet nothing came of it, no one controls Wurm yet it just snowballed all over the moon map and killed everyone. When I did one Vynora mission and suddenly it uprooted a bunch of mountains near HotA Steppe. What good did that do anyone? What good does that do myself, Vynora, or followers of Vynora?

It was a terrible reward for a mission that made me really hesitant to ever do them again personally.

If the missions are broken, then Rolf needs to fix them and reimburse everyone's lost Faith.

Although appropriate, trashing a town will cause the unfortunate inhabitants to either massively QQ or ragequit. I'd be surprised if they just took it in their stride. Significant terrain changes off deed are..... scenary really, something to look at but not truly impactful.

Whenever an end game event happens I'd expect for the following

- any losing home server has at least one significant terrain changing event. It would be nice if a settlement could be hit but I don't see that happening. If the Wurm wins then all home servers are hit.

- players from losing religions become "ill" and have to take remedial actions to lift the special illness, may craft potions using some of the special drops, source stuff maybe?

- home servers suffer a plague of aggressive creatures near any altar of a losing god.

- followers of a winning god get a small enchanting boost for a limited duration

- followers of a winning god consume food slower, have slower stamina loss for a limited duration

- Elevation gets wiped and a new map generated (should never have been deedable)

- Elevation gains a new resource or a significant boost to an existing one

- Elevation becomes home to a new powerful monster depending on who won (doesn't necessarily confer any advantages)

- Elevation uniques respawn.

Whatever happens though, it needs to be a package which can be tuned so that its relevant for any winning diety.

Get out of my head... for the most part :P

I played on Epic for a few days, and while I was there, I asked about the terraforming events. I was told that the losing gods get terraforming events, which spawn glimmersteel and adamantine. Special metals that supposedly have bonuses are not items that should be given to the losers of scenarios, they should be given to the winners. It's like giving someone Olympic gold for being last in the preliminary round, it makes no sense.

I don't understand people complaining about a map reset ruining their hard work on their deeds, how is it any different to raiders smashing and looting everything you have done? Epic is pvp and not only did you sign up for the possibility of resets but you signed up for pvp. Get rid of home servers they just breed Freedomers, starter deeds on Elevation are safe enough for new players to hide. A bigger map would be needed but you also don't want to have to travel for hours to raid either.

I played on Epic for a few days, and while I was there, I asked about the terraforming events. I was told that the losing gods get terraforming events, which spawn glimmersteel and adamantine. Special metals that supposedly have bonuses are not items that should be given to the losers of scenarios, they should be given to the winners. It's like giving someone Olympic gold for being last in the preliminary round, it makes no sense.

No you get the special metals from winning HotA not losing gods

I love hearing wild/epic players sense of entitlement.

Many people play both Epic and Freedom

Get rid of home servers they just breed Freedomers

This is why your Epic/Chaos is ailing and will continue to fail.

The attitude and the better than thou smug words you guys keep flapping out your jaws.

Remember this much as you spout off.

See that little red line at the bottom and the small brown one and some of that tiny gold one at the top.

That is all you have to back you up.

Now see all the rest of those colors?? Those are the so called 'Freedomers' you like to trash talk about.

Yeah it sure is nice to come there and get their coin though isn't it.

VqWr5.png

Edited by Protunia

Dear Rolf, can we make being a demigod easier? I really want to be one.

Signed, everyone.

Those are the so called 'Freedomers' you like to trash talk about.

Yeah it sure is nice to come there and get their coin though isn't it.

Im sorry you feel that the term 'Freedomer' is a derogatory one, if that was the case then I would be offending myself also but it is nothing more than a mindset or playstyle if you like. I have and will always be a Freedomer. The thing is being able to differentiate between Freedom and Epic - I know my stuff is safe on Freedom and I accept that my stuff on Epic is not safe. Im not trash talking at all, merely refering to a mindset. As for money, I have taken none to Epic as there is no need for it there and just yesterday I paid 33s to someone on Independence who has never played on Epic at all.

Get rid of home servers they just breed Freedomers

Ok then what is this supposed to mean?? I made it bigger so you can reread what you said.

You know what nevermind I know exactly where you are coming from.

Edited by Protunia

Ok then what is this supposed to mean?? I made it bigger so you can reread what you said.

You know what nevermind I know exactly where you are coming from.

I was thinking of trolling here and asking the typical question, "Are you stupid?". Instead I'll just declare, "You are stupid!".

She is saying that the home servers are breeding freddomers on a PVP server you twit. In other words, people playing on a PVP server with the idea that their ###### is safe like they were on Freedom. Get it now?

• Like 1