Sign in to follow this  
Guest Docterchese

We're Doomed!

The Wurm has won the scenario on Epic... apocalypse anyone? x)

[18:06:57] You feel an abnormal wave of heat coming from Valrei! Wurm has punished you!

There are rumours of PMKs disbanding and people are making their last stand at avarga. All the trees are gone and creatures are killed. Sol is getting closer and then epic is destroyed end thread

• Like 1

approx 5% faith lost for me. I was hoping for something interesting :(

PMKs havent disbanded but there have been some faith losses and skill losses... more to follow? o.O?

Did Freedom priests lose faith

nope, it's Epic related and didn't impact freedom at all

Last stand at Avarga all you Epicers.

George will lead us to victory against this... Demon, he will do what the Gods couldn't.

• Like 3

Last stand at Avarga all you Epicers.

George will lead us to victory against this... Demon, he will do what the Gods couldn't.

His name is Jorge, the Protector of the Damned!

So is the server going to rest the land now? If so it might be a good start for a second go at epic.

Maybe Elevation will have a major event, but I doubt it will destroy everything and reset completely.

He already said no character resets.

I don't care about character reset but i think a land reset would do well for the cluster.

Character resets are out, unless theres convicted cheating involved. Rolf has stated that over and over again.

Land resets are iffy since Epic by its design involves upheaval in the terrain. Personally things do get a little dull without a crater or volcano forming.

I just did a sigh of relief after finishing my house. I would like some info on what going on, so if anyone could tell me or point me to a thread I would appreciate it!

Agree, the effects of Wurm winning weren't exactly Epic. The visible parts were that there was some characteristics and faith loss, some players were slain. The other deities were slain and incredibly weakened as you can see on this nice little map:

http://strikelimit.co.uk/Valrei/

From the looks of it, it's a pretty unbalanced situation that needs some serious tweaking.

Wurm has assumed control over all creatures which spawn slowly. It's possible that you'll see the effect of that over the upcoming days and it becomes a pretty tough situation.

The reason that there were no cool terraforming is because when the starter deeds were hit with terraforming I backed up pretty far due to the negative feedback.

It would have been more interesting with some mass spawning of creatures but that code was also changed due to previous feedback I think. Also there are a lot of work to do in the creatures department when it comes to ai and creature goals. I've backed off from creature bashing as well as you recall but I think spawning creatures that target certain things like altars or.. bulk bins or stuff like that could be interesting.

One good thing though is that the faith and skill punishment initially was coded to be even more severe and all altars destroyed. So basically the nerf has been nerfed in various ways which only served to make it uninteresting.

What maybe should have happened instead:

Less punishment for the other gods on Valrei

No instadeath;)

Still assume control over Valrei creatures and remove the bonuses

Terraforming events outside settlements (scream if you want it inside settlements as well)

Spawn a lot of monsters that target and destroy things and probably bash walls (suggest targets)

Thoughts?

I hate you for making me lose 5 faith, that took like, three weeks.

Instadeath I don't care, just don't waste my time like that =/

Make monsters spawn near all the capitals, besieging them for a few days.

And please, please, give us terraforming events, preferably ones that are somewhat visible across the whole server, and that continue to change over the course of several days. (for example a mountain / volcano popping up over the course of a week)

Ideally Wurm would spawn a new type of creature, some kind of Wurm slave around the terraforming event.

Less punishment for the other gods on Valrei

No instadeath;)

Still assume control over Valrei creatures and remove the bonuses

Terraforming events outside settlements (scream if you want it inside settlements as well)

Spawn a lot of monsters that target and destroy things and probably bash walls (suggest targets)

Rolf, this is why people signed up, you made it clear about Epic that there would be drastic terraforming events, there would be volcanos and craters. People knew this joining the server, and while I agree maybe they look ugly - they're unique and changing the game. The faith loss was a bit odd because you promised no skill resets or skill nerfs, so I am not sure that it was needed, but the instadeath was cool. I guess it was just a let down that after all the suspense and several months of Wurm owning everyone that was all there was.. one death and a faith loss.

If your deed gets terraformed/ruined - oh well, too bad, that's what you signed up for. People KNEW this going in, so complaining now is just foolish. You can't sign up for something, and when it happens object to it. That's the risk of Epic, it's meant to have big changes and resets. I think the people upset over terraforming are just people on Home server who want "safety" and a more "Freedom" like server. They get upset when the game changes around them, but that is what Epic was all about.

The game needs changes and scenerios to keep it refreshing, otherwise the game gets stagnant and boring. You should do a map reset, or have a big map crater, explosion, those are awesome. It was amazing seeing those giant lights in the sky and going out and seeing the damage. I would love to see how doing the missions really shapes the map and effects the game, right now it seems non-existant. I guess after such a long scenerio it was just depressing to see nothing really change, it's same old server, nothing new.

I hate to be rude but we're nearly a year into Epic, and... it's kind of dying out. I mean, there's not 1 demigod. There's no map reset. There's no real big changes. I thought maybe there would just be more to Epic, more of an appeal to keep you wanting to PvP and doing missions, but it's been very dull thus far.

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 1

Spawn a boss.. unique like str.. maybe even double that of a forest giant or something

Make it spawn monsters.. valrei critters maybe that seek out towers, deeds, players and hunts them or something like this..

Dont stop spawning monsters untill the boss is killed.

Could spawn the boss in the center of elevation in the hota area.. call it a Lackey of wurm or something.

Make it last untill killed.

Edited by Julepalme

Yeah would of been cool if Wurm summoned like a boss or something, least something more tangible than what we received (faith loss and a death).

Epic's Wurm winning, should spawn the Wurm/Kraken on Elevation, where ALL kingdoms have to unite to even have a chance at killing it.

Increase number of attackers to 200 for this unique mob.

Make it 10tiles wide... with glowing fireballs shooting out of it randomly. Like moon meteors.

If the Wurm/Kraken makes it to the altar of three, it starts destroying it, which upon all white light god's priests are no longer priests.

Also, if the Wurm/Kraken finds the bone altar, it starts to destroy it also, which then destroys Libila and all Libila priests and followers have no god anymore.

Who ever does the most damage to the Wurm/Kraken becomes a god.

Who ever gets the final hit becomes a god.

Who ever hits the Wurm the most becomes a god.

Who ever spends the most favor casting spells near the Wurm, becomes a god.

(Basically, the Wurm Armageddon - laying waste to all the land. An 'Epic' Finally.)

(Then make new maps, destroy the old ones, allow all player spirits to enter the new map with skills intact.)

Edited by Kamikazifly

It seems those on Elevation really would like everything to be completely destroyed I suppose it might be a good thing for just Elevation.

Home servers should have their share too. Terraforming events are pretty ###### cool, because you can actually see and feel them

• Like 1