Sign in to follow this  
GoG

Would You Try Chaos/wild If It Was Fixed Poll?

Would you try Wild if it was functional?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you try Wild/Chaos if it was functional?

• Yes, I would try Wild/Chaos if it was fixed and the mechanics were understandable!
    • mmm no, no interest in Chaos, but it should be fixed for those that want to try it.
    • no, I hate everything related to the Chaos server and want it gone. I'll never try it and don't care about those that do!

This poll is specifically to gauge the interest there is for a functional Wild server, nothing else. It may give Rolf a general parameter as to what a "fixed" Wild/Chaos server may reap player/deed-wise. At least for the players that use the forum.

The term "fixed" is relative as there are many points of view. And is not intended to be a "how to fix" thread. Only intended as a Wild/Chaos interest thread.

I used "Wild" instead of Chaos because Wild is more apt to what it should be, Chaos is pretty accurate to how the rules feel at this time though, irrrrroooony :P

Please mention this thread to anybody you think may be interested in the subject so it gets a more accurate yes/no range.

I'm personally voting yes, for I want to play Wild. Also, historically there have always been more non-pvp players (since it's been an option), so I don't expect the yes to outnumber the no. But if enough people show interest into a functional Wild, perhaps something will be done.

Vote!

Edited by GoG

No, probably not.

I think Wild was a great fun server with a lot of history, but I think all good things come to an end. I'm not bashing anyone who plays on it, it is their choice and I respect that, but I don't think you can recreate the fun Wild once had anymore. Sometimes things are unfixable.

I've always been on Wild and I have no intention of leaving, I do feel that removing the kingdoms was a very bad more for the server.

This poll is a little bit bias, as there is 2 yes and 1 big no, to stick with the theme should have a second, (less harsh) "no" option and maybe a indifference option :P.

Personally i would like it to be fixed reasonably. I'm one of the folks that would like an option to keep separate from the deed mutilation aspect.

Edited by snakegal

I disagree Snakegal, there is one yes, one indifferent so why not, and one big no. that's how I read it at least. I also think it's worded well because that is how people actually seem to feel about the subject. "yes fix it", "meh don't care, but it should be fixed for others that do care", and "enough time spent on PvP chaos! let it die" are basic sentiments i've heard overall. so i think it's the right amount of choices.

as for the deed mutilation aspect, if the borders are kept open, you could have a war deed on chaos, and your main deed on another server. that would make chaos kinda like a whole island of hota, pure combat area.

Allow us to portal there from anywhere on Freedom to remove the hindrance of having to sail around such a massive server, and remove skill loss on death from there, and I can forsee a lot of Freedomers coming over just to mess around and have a laugh.

• Like 1

Some people do like the way Chaos is atm, at least in theory. There are a number of things that still need to be fleshed out, of course.

The whole "fixed" terminology implies that it is wholly broken, and everyone believes that, and that's simply not true. If it was broken the place would be a ghost town, and while far from the busiest server, the numbers are quite consistent. Wild (now Chaos) has always been a low population server, and always will be.

Just bring back three kingdoms, enable regular pvp, make free account behave like on epic (no cross kingdom log ins) and essentially make it like it was before epic came around.

Bring back raiding,preferably with atleast 1 other kingdom than Freedom (They won't be able to convert and transfer to the rest of the freedom cluster easily). Restore rank, remove it's decay. Then I think we'll see many wild players when left chaos for the rest of the freedom cluster return and afew fresh faces trying their hand.

• Like 2

There is no option for if the ruleset was set in stone for the server and not changed over and over again.

SO basically no...... I will never waste my time on something that is up in the air and subject to change.

You get a solid set of rules with a promise that they are not going to be changed on a dime and maybe.

Functional is one thing, but having the rule set changed under your feet constantly is another.

Edited by Protunia

Some people do like the way Chaos is atm, at least in theory. There are a number of things that still need to be fleshed out, of course.

@Shalbriri, uhhh you're kidding right? or perhaps in denial? :P

at the time of this post 78% of the poll disagree with your assesment that "do like the way Chaos is atm, at least in theory". Though in fairness Goggy should have included a "it's perfect the way it is" option, not that many would have used it imo (contrary to yours).

I voted yes btw, 'cause it IS broken imo. If it wasn't, I'd be there full time.

@Protunia

As usual you missed the point of the topic. Read it again carefully and you might get it. Under the assumption that it 'worked properly in all ways', then consider voting. Otherwise your rant has no bearing on the subject. Your opinion technically applies to all of Wurm as you stated it, and if switching rules and gameplay is your issue, then you have an issue with Wurm entirely.

On a related note: why are you so confrontational in everything Protunia? Seriously, why so angry in general? Just because somebody says "white", why do you feel the need to say "no! chair!". I'm just curious from a psychological perspective.

There has been more than more than enough development resources spent on the PVP side of the game, that interests maybe 20% of the [premium] player base recently (and this is a very generous estimate).

How about getting rolf and the others to add something cool and exclusive to freedom instead?

I can dream, right?

Edited by bdew

A distinction needs to be made between fixed and reverted because clearly it's causing confusion and conflict.

@Protunia

As usual you missed the point of the topic. Read it again carefully and you might get it. Under the assumption that it 'worked properly in all ways', then consider voting. Otherwise your rant has no bearing on the subject. Your opinion technically applies to all of Wurm as you stated it, and if switching rules and gameplay is your issue, then you have an issue with Wurm entirely.

On a related note: why are you so confrontational in everything Protunia? Seriously, why so angry in general? Just because somebody says "white", why do you feel the need to say "no! chair!". I'm just curious from a psychological perspective.

Not really the problem with Chaos is the rule set has been modified too many times recently and enough tp make players not trust it enough to be there and invest in the server.

If you want chaos to do well stop changing things so dramatically that it makes the players there so mad about it they leave.

In other words no more bait and switch.

As far as me not liking something or having a point of view and having to say something that is my nature to begin with.

Just because somebody says "white", why do you feel the need to say "no! chair!".

LOL too funny

Kraljitatov, although "fixed" to me mostly means the best suggestions from the suggestions forum relating to Wild/Chaos being implemented, and not a "reverted" version because I honestly believe that will not happen, and perhaps shouldn't. It wasn't perfect back then either.

But as mentioned by others, either is not the point. Suspend your disbelief for a moment, IF it was possible to fix/adjust/change Chaos to whatever vision you have of it... would you try it? That is the essense of the poll, to see if there is any interest in that server if it was hypothetically "fixed". Would you try it out? Would you PvP on a stable working Chaos/Wild server (pressumably that isn't Epic).

And of course as mentioned also, this is on the assumption that it is not perfect, in "theory" it is. :P

Maybe make it freedom vs BL? Something nice and easy to implement.

Maybe make it freedom vs BL? Something nice and easy to implement.

I think many people would be very happy with this from a PvP perspective.

Add libila, remove the pvp restrictions, allow us to raid deeds. Thats all really. Oh and kill libila if they try to cross to freedom just like it was with the home servers.

would love if they brought the kingdoms back and had a map reset.

Allow us to portal there from anywhere on Freedom to remove the hindrance of having to sail around such a massive server, and remove skill loss on death from there, and I can forsee a lot of Freedomers coming over just to mess around and have a laugh.

The problem is that all the servers connect to the same side of the map, if Rolf would spread the servers out so that each one connects to each other and to one side of the map, I guarentee that the server will se A LOT MORE traffic. That way you can get to the freedom isles no matter where you live, without hours of travel.

Tbh I think there should be two sailing hubs. Indy, and Chaos, with Indy connecting to chaos in the north, and one of the new servers connecting with Chaos in the south, then back with the north side of Indy.

TravelMap.png