Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

Wl Vs Bl Spell Availability.. The Summary.

Every god has its advantages and disadvantages, as it should be. I think Mag should have the locate spell and be able to bash but hwa do I know?

BL is also the only kingdom that can easily kill templars with a spell. you guys dont have to touch a templar to raid a deed...

hate to repeat myself.. but yes tone down our pvp abilities by all means.. and start giving us a little more utility spell.. over half our arsenal is dmg spells.. if you dont count the spells all kingdoms get.. like vessel/dispel etc.

said it before and ill say it again, since people apparently dont read the entire thread before posting.. altho i dont blame them.. half of its people trying to derail it offtopic.

Every god has its advantages and disadvantages, as it should be. I think Mag should have the locate spell and be able to bash but hwa do I know?

BL is also the only kingdom that can easily kill templars with a spell. you guys dont have to touch a templar to raid a deed...

There is no spell that can kill templars, unless you want to waste loads of favor

The only reason Lib priests were strong was because they were miles ahead in faith compares to WLers due to mass sermons...

Well now that's kinda stupid. Candee there was a time when i respected you.

Well now that's kinda stupid. Candee there was a time when i respected you.

I dont think ive ever spoken to you, but whatever. And yes, that was the main driving force behind blacklight being so successful at the start. Because BL had many people, and you automatically spawn as libila, you could just sermon as soon as you hit 30 faith all day erry day because your all the same faith. How else do you think hots managed to get all the artifacts so fast?

Well im out of this thread.. leaving you with my summary.. even tho most people seem too stubborn or ignorant to believe it.

WL themselve have 62 spells..

BL have 35 or so spells and no rite of spring/ritual of the sun/holy crop equivelant to WL

Everyone says we shouldnt make BL a copy of the other kingdoms i agree.. but yet BL have 7 or so unique spells that WL dont have and 29 of our spells are copies in one way or another from a WL spell. so shouldnt the people saying dont make BL a copy of WL agree that BL need a overhaul to make them feel more unique ? apparently not..

And yes ive said it before and ill say it again.. never been about how overpowered priests are.. i agree some real balacing could be done there..

my concern is the lack of unique spells for BL.. looking at the spreadsheet posted at the very start.. we just dont have it. 7 unique BL spells vs 33 WL only spells.. ofc those numbers vary a bit compared to what spells you consider similar, but yeah.. noone can deny BL isnt really unique anymore

if they really meant what they said about BL not being a copy of WL they'd support an overhaul of our spells.

That said .. this thread has degenerated into something i don't like anymore.. you can have it conloach/candee.. im out.

Edited by Julepalme

The thread is clear Jule. Everyone can see the spreadsheet and think whatever they like.

Lock pls.

I think you are oversimplifying things, the sheer fact that WL has 3 gods means that the vast majority of their spells are just copies of each other.

Flaming Aura, Frostbrand and Rotting Touch are the same, just cause different wounds (all give 33.33% max damage boost)

Fire Pillar, Ice Pillar and Pain Rain are the same, just cause different wounds.

I can't remember which BL spell it is, either Rotting Gut or Worm Brains is the same as Ice Shard and Fire Heart.

Also consider that WL has CoC and WoA, 2 spells - yet the two are combined in BoTD which would otherwhise only count as '1'

One might argue that Rebirth, Charm and Dominate are all similar - yet again 2 for WL and 1 for BL.

Also consider that whilst WL gods have Sixth Sense BL don't even need it as they can naturally detect traps, that's 3 WL spells counted in your total vs a spell that all BL get by default.

Edited by Gavin

Hi,

without haven't read all this:

The complete spell system is borked, and outa control.

• Vyn priests got the license to print silver coins, any other priests just have drawn a bad card.

• Mag priests are very strong in PvP, I hear.

• Libila priests are PvP bound, too - cannot judge their abilities.

• Fo priests (I'm one) are insanely good in PvE, the only kind of priest you'd ever regard to play as a main, in PvE. (even if half of their spells are just not working ...)

This all is borked, and outa control.

There should be a renewal of the priest abilities, IMHO. Any priest should have an aggressive AoE spell as well as one defensive, any priest should have some defensive spells to defend itself, any priest should have some buff spells. And any priest should have exactly 1 simple money making spell, plus another one that needs linking. Balanced.

Libila might be treated in another manner, it's just different.

Theres just a faulty mechanism. It could be redone ways better, in a blink of an eye.

Have a good time!

One thing libila could do with is catapulting...

I think this is something that all priests should be able to do, to encourage them to raid deeds and whatnot.

Rebirth and charm or dominate are not similar. The only way they are similar is that they have something to do with pets. Web armour and Aosp are not similar. Drain stamina and mass stamina/refresh are not similar. Truehit and Excel are not similar and there are probably some more.

You have to remember that many spells like that is what makes Libila so awesome. Maybe WA and Aosp are both spells that are cast on armour but besides that they have nothing to do with each other, and there are many people who think Aosp is useless in most cases and WA is totally awesome. And even spells that are similar like the weapon spells RT - FA - FB (but not venom, it doesn't really belong in that list), RT is often preferred over the others.

BL does have some really cool, unique spells that every other kingdom can not cast. While I think it would be pretty cool if BL would have another god with a different set of spells to give some variety, I don't think that will ever happen. But saying that BL is not really unique with spells is kind of stupid.

I think this is something that all priests should be able to do, to encourage them to raid deeds and whatnot.

or destroying.... it is really annoying that WL priests can do almost nothing to assist in raids (besides the whole killing other players part of course). Mag priests can help with getting ammo if none was brought with you, but besides that, you have to stare at everyone while they bash walls and lockpick into chests and boats

Edited by BrQQQ

I think you are oversimplifying things, the sheer fact that WL has 3 gods means that the vast majority of their spells are just copies of each other.

Flaming Aura, Frostbrand and Rotting Touch are the same, just cause different wounds (all give 33.33% max damage boost)

Fire Pillar, Ice Pillar and Pain Rain are the same, just cause different wounds.

I can't remember which BL spell it is, either Rotting Gut or Worm Brains is the same as Ice Shard and Fire Heart.

Also consider that WL has CoC and WoA, 2 spells - yet the two are combined in BoTD which would otherwhise only count as '1'

One might argue that Rebirth, Charm and Dominate are all similar - yet again 2 for WL and 1 for BL.

Also consider that whilst WL gods have Sixth Sense BL don't even need it as they can naturally detect traps, that's 3 WL spells counted in your total vs a spell that all BL get by default.

Sry had to come back to reply to this.

i counted the 62 from different spells.. look at the spreadsheet.. the WL only + bl/WL shared spell count at the bottom gives 62 added together.. didnt count any duplicates spells between WL twice there..

so six sense is only counted 1 time in that even tho all 3 religions have it.. and so is other double/triple spells..

and about having seperate woa/coc put in the same square so obviously counted as 1 spell not 2.. which is even to be fair in WL's advantage when comparing.. otherwise it would just be 1 spell more they have against us.

and woa/coc vs botd is a mixed business.. yes we can get a cheaper and easier doublecast.. but they can get better skilling tools since they can do CoC only. so its somewhat equal i consider it.. altho i'd love to trade for better coc only tools with some botd anyday :)

and im glad to see 2 people now who could atleast give some proper critism/contrustive feedback to the discussion :)

Trolling aside, I think that we need more examples of where WL and BL have similar spells, but they are unique e.g. web armor and AOSP is a perfect example. they both casted on armor, but they are unique, some think aosp is better, others think web armor is better, but they are both good in their own right.

Trolling aside, I think that we need more examples of where WL and BL have similar spells, but they are unique e.g. web armor and AOSP is a perfect example. they both casted on armor, but they are unique, some think aosp is better, others think web armor is better, but they are both good in their own right.

Agreed.. a lot of the spells are somewhat the same.. yet little different.. some heals the caster and his friends.. some deal dmg to structures and players etc.

i dont see why lot of spells couldnt be like this aswell

like drain stamina, stamina and mass stamina spells for lib/fo/mag.. good example of how spells ought to be.. vary the favor cost/diff a bit and make slightly different effects but under the same umbrella.

and yeah sure go ahead and lock this.. im sure all sides got their opinions out in the open here.. good place to end the thread i think.

Edited by Julepalme

Look at you. Pitiful creature.

You seek the powers of the Whisperer? They may be available.

Know that I personally will not help you much. But I am bound to tell you that she will.

To tell the truth - She rewards me for recruiting you.

People say much about us. They think we lie. And yes we do. We lie about a lot of things, but not about the truth.

Truth is everything will end. Truth is some of us will be rewarded greatly by Her some day.

Libila will not accept her having been betrayed by the other gods.

Your contract with her is to help her, and she will help you.

Her aim is to gain control here, and your goal is to stop the others from gaining it instead.

You are expected and required to use all effective means available: Terror, deception, torture, death, sacrifices.

Are you ready to join the Horde of the Summoned? Know that if you choose not to, you are against us!

Edited by Protunia

If I reply will Julie be compelled to respond? ;)

Spreadsheets are one thing but how the priests are used/played is something else. The bottom line is that you have the PvP priest on the PvP server for the PvP only kingdom being pretty damned hot when it comes to PvP. The priest was then given a number of spells to counter the WL gods advantages. Anyone remember when BL priests did not have BotD for example?

While all priest could stand for some minor tweaking it should be just that, minor and not the whole sale re-provisioning bing intimated

BL is meant for PvP. Their spells are for PvP. If you want other enchants you need to raid aka encouraging to PvP.

If I reply will Julie be compelled to respond? ;)

Spreadsheets are one thing but how the priests are used/played is something else. The bottom line is that you have the PvP priest on the PvP server for the PvP only kingdom being pretty damned hot when it comes to PvP. The priest was then given a number of spells to counter the WL gods advantages. Anyone remember when BL priests did not have BotD for example?

While all priest could stand for some minor tweaking it should be just that, minor and not the whole sale re-provisioning bing intimated

Yep as i said before.. perpetuating the stereotype that any and all people playing hots only do it for pvp.. that must be truth because i hear people say it over and over.. cant ever be BL people wanting to pve as BL.

Yep as i said before.. perpetuating the stereotype that any and all people playing hots only do it for pvp.. that must be truth because i hear people say it over and over.. cant ever be BL people wanting to pve as BL.

Awe you poor carebear Zombie......I feel for ya I really do... ;)

Like I said pick another God and leave Libila to the strong as she is not a God to follow for the weak.