Sign in to follow this  
Gromdehar

Returning Player Seeks Village

I seek a village. It should be on Independence, but any Freedom server may win me over. It should provide me with a decent space (2x3 or perhaps larger) where I can construct a simple home to store my things, or that has such a home available already. A friendly community would be nice. I would like time to devote to my own projects as well as contributing to the overall development and/or upkeep of the village. There should be adequate access to resources, notably iron and wood. (Note that I am a strict replanter of trees.)

I played Wurm once before now, for a few months, and due to other events I had to leave the game for some time. Upon return, I decided to once again join a village in lieu of making it on my own. I plan on playing several hours/days per week. However, a lot of villages seem dumpy or disarrayed, or just delayed too long providing me with a space. I have patience, but if I don't have a place to store my things, I might as well live under the stars in The Growl. Please tell me why your village is one I should consider.

If you're interested in making a trip to Deli, swing by 30y 40x Riften and take a look see, there's a 1x2 secure shed available for storage of valuables and HEAPS of offdeed space. We've always got projects on and work that needs doing, too, along with a very active alliance including both veteran and fairly new players.

I'd join Riften, an amazing place with nice and dedicated people.

You're welcome to come have a look at Iron Hill / Kings Gate x17 y29 on exodus.

We are in the process of building a village (3-4 months old) where aesthetics are the main driving force.

We have spent many an hour building community projects, roads to ease visitor access, a town hall, an Inn and merchent quarter(Trader and merchants).

There is a local map at http://www.papergrave.com/wurm/map.php

We frown upon fencing in large areas as part of land grabs.

There are rules for the community which are debated rather than handed down from high (We do ask however for newcomers to not expect to automatically have a loud voice in this process).

There is undeeded land around the north and east edges of the main village for settlers, protected by a few strategically placed buildings so that it remains free.

We have long term goals to create a functioning community and estabilishing commerce with far flung lands.

While we prefer potential citizens to look to fill vacant professions in the community its not mandatory, at the moment we have a great need for carpentor.

We are open to all nationalities and are almost at the stage of having locals active 24/7.

You would be an excellent fit within the community of Kalayaan! (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/64624-inde-kalayaan-village-looking-for-villagers-everyone-welcome/) -- Here is a map if you are interested: http://kalayaanvillage.weebly.com/maps.html

We are an active community that is located 17x/37y, that has a lot of perks and points-of-interests, of which include:

-A massive waterfront/coastal boarder (we have docks right on the inner sea -- with ample room for shipbuilding, and even a 3x7 house if you're a shipbuilder, with its own private construction zone)

-We are surrounded by forests (primarily pine and maple) and animal respawn/dens (i.e. bear, fox, deer, unicorns, etc.); and have several mines within the vicinity (with lots of Iron, Copper, Gold, and Silver) - meaning there are ample ressources in the area for you to construct items with

-We are a part of an active alliance ("liberty"), that also has villages that border the inner Sea (meaning commerce is simple and easy between our villages)

-We have approximately 8 fields that are harvested for crops (one of our primary sources of income - a great place to be if you're a farmer!), and several foal/horse/cattle fields (a great place to be if you're an animal tamer!)

-We have rows upon rows of grape vines and maple trees (so if you like to make wine... you won't be disappointed!)

-Our community is active 24/7 (as we have people from North America & Europe within our community - we accept anyone!)

-We have lots of great properties open (ranging from 3x3, 4x3, and up to 7x3 depending on what you want to specialize in!)

-We always have community projects going on, in order to keep up activity and community involvement (right now we're digging out a mountain for more homes, and building up a colossus)

If you'd like to learn more, or are interested in joining us (we'll even help you move your things to our village if you'd like!), feel free to contact "Vex", "Xandrya", "Mitgira", or "Tesula" in-game, or "Vex" on the forums!

Thank you for your consideration!