Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Aggresive Animal Pathing

This should be a rather simple fix to a lot problems.

Don't allow aggressive animals to randomly step onto deeds (or even perimeter) unless it's being lured into. This should cut down on the random corpses scattered around the map from deeds that have nothing but a templar set to kill on it.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 14

Wouldn't this also mean that the undeeded land would be packed with aggros?

Wouldn't this also mean that the undeeded land would be packed with aggros?

Yes, which is a good thing. Lots of hunting means lots of fight skill for the people who are hunting.

Edited by Xallo

The main purpose of a templar is to provide meat, removing this would not be good

The main purpose of a templar is to provide meat, removing this would not be good

So essentially with that logic, a templar could also provide you with cotton and vegetables, harvested from your farms?

I seriously don't see the logic behind using templars to collect meat. There is no benefit to it, as you are losing out on a lot of skill you could get otherwise.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

The main purpose of a templar is to protect against creatures that you cannot kill, not a free source of meat and and animal parts. Just the fact that people think the main purpose of a templar is a free meat farm is showing how bad this issue really is.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 8

Wurm is no different to everything else in life. There will always be people who have the opposite opinion from you. Fact. Now, somebody deny that :)

if agro mobs did not step on deed why even hire a templar on a pve server?

• Like 1

if agro mobs did not step on deed why even hire a templar on a pve server?

Read it more closely. I suggested they don't randomly walk onto the deeds, but only if they are chasing someone.

It would also be an excellent fix for the trolls randomly walking on your deed and bashing fences down, I'd imagine.

doubt this will happen to many people would fire templars means less money for rolf

• Like 1

In one area every single animal is certain to step on a single deed nearby at least once. Templars really kill wildlife all around, I've never liked it.

actually I like that idea as I always found it a bit awkward that monsters randomly walk on deed even if they see the templar before lolz, would you run into a sword?

I would be fine with this being implemented (though it would reduce my meat supply hehe). So +1 to the idea on it's own merits - it seems to solve several problems at once. Just so long as we don't accidentally go back to the situation where aggros refuse to follow onto deed and you have to drag over corners.

My ideal scenario would be that the templar would say something such as "begone evil <name of aggro mob here>!" when the mob stepped into perimeter and then the mob would not step on deed. This would mean that if somebody is online and still wants to use the templar to help kill creatures for meat, they know it is there and can make the effort to go out and bait it in.

• Like 1

It would also be an excellent fix for the trolls randomly walking on your deed and bashing fences down, I'd imagine.

Guards are coded now to attack in the first(?) tile of perimeter, so yes... this would be nice...

works fine as it is atm -1

No, it doesn't. That's kind of the problem, lol.

• Like 1

+1 out of control templar's cause more harm to the community than good.

• Like 1

Agreed, I thought this used to be the case with animals but was changed. Animals with paths calculated that would take them onto deeds should have it recalculated so they rapidly move away from the deed into an unpopulated area. Meat shouldn't be provided by guards at all, I'd be inclined to suggest that animals killed by spirit guards should yield less items on butcher or items of a lower ql.

• Like 4

The main purpose of a templar is to protect against creatures that you cannot kill, not a free source of meat and and animal parts. Just the fact that people think the main purpose of a templar is a free meat farm is showing how bad this issue really is.

True, but the issue is not made better by the fact that templars aren't really able to kill creatures very well anymore. They have been nerfed too much. I have seen a mature troll basically grief a spirit templar for an entire day. 1s for a templar is really a waste of money IMO, and I guess thats why people have started to think of them as free meat suppliers.

doubt this will happen to many people would fire templars means less money for rolf

Of course it will happen, Rolf is more interested in things making sense (removing lamps lit forever) than earning money. Aggressive creatures should not walk into their own death voluntarily, they are not lemmings.

Completely agree Aly, I watch a neighbor deed's guards go off all day, who hasn't logged in for months..

[00:54:32] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Aged sly scorpion!

[00:54:32] <Spirit templar> I'll help you with Aged sly scorpion!

[01:28:03] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Mature black wolf!

[01:28:06] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Mature black wolf!

[01:28:39] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Mature black wolf!

[01:38:15] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Aged mountain lion!

[12:51:09] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Aged lava spider!

[14:12:35] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Aged hell hound!

[14:19:45] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Old mountain lion!

[14:20:18] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Adolescent huge spider!

[14:20:30] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Adolescent mountain lion!

[14:21:11] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Adolescent huge spider!

[23:32:31] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Young black wolf!

[01:39:59] <Spirit templar> I'll help you with Aged mountain lion!

[01:50:58] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Old mountain lion!

[02:38:39] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Aged black wolf!

[18:14:02] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Old black wolf!

It gets quite old, I would love to hunt those animals, but can't even butcher them when they fall on his deed..

True, but the issue is not made better by the fact that templars aren't really able to kill creatures very well anymore. They have been nerfed too much. I have seen a mature troll basically grief a spirit templar for an entire day. 1s for a templar is really a waste of money IMO, and I guess thats why people have started to think of them as free meat suppliers.

If agressive creatures don't walk onto deeds anymore by themselves I see no harm in making them superstrong on the PVE servers either, so they actually do what they're supposed to do (yeah, an old troll has been spamming my local from a neighbours deed for over a full 24 hours)

.... Meat shouldn't be provided by guards at all, I'd be inclined to suggest that animals killed by spirit guards should yield less items on butcher or items of a lower ql.

Or even nothing at all, let them bury what they kill.

+1 to Ols' idea and +1 to OP - not a player involved? You don't deserve the products then.

• Like 1