Sign in to follow this  
Sevoflurane

'land Of The Dead' Should Raise All Corpses, Regardless Of Damage

Could be fun if 'Light of Fo' could be used to act like a Fo equivalent of fire pillar / fungus trap, but only on zombies :P

Could be fun if 'Light of Fo' could be used to act like a Fo equivalent of fire pillar / fungus trap, but only on zombies :P

I think Humid Drizzle should kill all zombies in its area of effect, OR at least let ward drive all zombies off from the area it is cast.

Most deeds have under 10 guards. Throw in 15+ raiders, their pets and what do you get? A destroyed deed. Hey were you around when we did this to Magtor? Didn't think so, the deed disbanded a day later. The spell is very powerful as it is.

"This spell takes a lot of time and effort to make work" get a group of 10 people go to the tundra, stepe.. ect kill all the trolls ( Its usually full of trolls because they are hard to kill and give little skill. ) That doesn't seem too hard now does it? To think we get stick for using a champ no gump when BL can do this. I don't think it should be nerfed but it should definitely not be buffed.

Why would somebody use land of the dead on a deed with 10 guards? Lots of the zombies died during the raid because they got killed to ice pillar. Alot of the zombies started wondering off into the woods too, some got killed by guard respawns aswell, so as time went on we had less and less zombies. Magtor disbanded Lomaner was in its death throes and you most likely just gave it the killing blow.

Im not sure what steppe youve been visiting where there are 80 trolls on it, raging or otherwise. Land of the dead is really only worthy of being used against deeds with lots of guards, otherwise its just an epeen exercise and all the zombies get killed by spells/archery etc, just like any normal pet would in pvp.

Is there a way to let it raise 100 critters?

I say let it raise 100 and who cares what the dmg level is on any of them. And drop the favor cost down to 120. I am serious. I am not trolling here. Actually, can we just halve the favor requirements for all Libila spells? Something has to be done for these poor bastards in HoTS so they can get a kill here or there.

Make a useful suggestion, or go be immature somewhere else.

You cant go anywhere on Elevation without running into a troll every 20 tiles or so, there is a serious plague and has been for months -which makes me wonder if you have even been to the steppe to ask which one? As far as the zombies wandering off into the woods well isnt that just part of the luck that most things in wurm are based upon? Considering how often you can cast the spell some days you might be lucky and have less go AWOL. My feelings are that since your kingdom has a low fighting pop at the moment you are looking for ways to boost your army, this is a crazy powerful spell and yes it can do that for you briefly but I think you need to look for other solutions rather than trying to get an already OP spell buffed.

You cant go anywhere on Elevation without running into a troll every 20 tiles or so, there is a serious plague and has been for months -which makes me wonder if you have even been to the steppe to ask which one? As far as the zombies wandering off into the woods well isnt that just part of the luck that most things in wurm are based upon? Considering how often you can cast the spell some days you might be lucky and have less go AWOL. My feelings are that since your kingdom has a low fighting pop at the moment you are looking for ways to boost your army, this is a crazy powerful spell and yes it can do that for you briefly but I think you need to look for other solutions rather than trying to get an already OP spell buffed.

You must have discovered a new steppe, please share its location? Because the steppe by far does not have 80 trolls, and the majority of the trolls we used were raging.

Well your "feelings" are very wrong, good effort though.

You seriously don't see the trolls on the steppe?

Do you leave deed at all?

They're seriously everywhere mate I'm not even kidding, not just limited to the steppe. Riding anywhere your combat log gets spammed with 'xxx troll moves in to attack you'

Happens typically when no one kills em. The map population just gets filled up. Not to discount some possible bugged or skewed spawn lairs popping out more trolls than usual.

Personally zombie spells should be limited by corpse decay if not some kind of outright cap. Forces one to work hard to get more and more zombies; although, the lack of any real kind of corpse storage is a pain. Such can still be balanced by limiting the volume of corpses one can stuff in.

Edited by Klaa

So I ran down to the steppe after work and was a bit worried at first because I know the guys have been working on weapon skill most of the week, but just incase you still dont know where the steppe is, its where the HoTA is and this is what I found...

http://imgur.com/lq7h7

I will say that there was far less on the eastern side but if you venture closer to the middle and west side they're there......only there's not so many now ;)

I'd be fine with it raising all corpses regardless of damage, as well as butchered or non butchered - however there really should be a total limit, it shouldn't be able to raise 100 zombies at once. I can agree with making the spell less 'annoying' for the caster, gathering a bunch of corpses only to have them tick over 10dmg would be frustrating, but I'm totally against allowing it to be as powerful (if not more powerful) as the orb of doom :P

Here is a solution:

All corpses should be raisable, but their damage the corpse has is the damage the zombie will have when he is raised.

The limit for for the amount of corpses should be removed, but instead the more stronger corpses are used, the higher the favor that is needed to cast the spell.

So raising 25 wild cats for example would cost allot less than raising 25 trolls.

Edited by Dark Tom

Here is a solution:

All corpses should be raisable, but their damage the corpse has is the damage the zombie will have when he is raised.

The limit for for the amount of corpses should be removed, but instead the more stronger corpses are used, the higher the favor that is needed to cast the spell.

So raising 25 wild cats for example would cost allot less than raising 25 trolls.

Your solution maybe.. but variable cost would only make the spell tons harder to cast and control what corpses get raised etc.

Your solution maybe.. but variable cost would only make the spell tons harder to cast and control what corpses get raised etc.

That is a balancing aspect you would have to play with, and I think it would be a proper to way to actually balance the spell.