Sign in to follow this  
Sevoflurane

'land Of The Dead' Should Raise All Corpses, Regardless Of Damage

Yes, currently it only raises corpses with <10dmg. It also does not guarentee to raise all corpses, some will not turn into zombies. I suggest it raises all corpses in local, regardless of butchered or has more than 10dmg.

lol this spell raises 50 pets and how often can it be cast again? :huh:

Looks to be about every 6 or 7 days apparently.

Already hard enough to garantee which corpses gets raised if there are more than 50 corpses or however many is raised..

Last time we did it we ended up with a ton of zombie horses, hens and pheasants..

Seems too easy to counter this spell by having other crap corpses around in local.

I think 50 corpses is a fine cap.. but maybe it needs to select those corpses sorting from nearest ones to the ones further away.. so you have a little control over what actually gets raised.

Instead of having a ton of troll corpses on the ground and a zombie hen in your raid :P

Have you never seen what 50 Zombie hens can do to a guy? :P

I'll say +1 to the damage side, but not to raising butchered corpses, Butchering has always been a way to counter your faithful companion bear coming back to eat your brains

Maybe the damage on the corpse could relate to the CR of the raised creature. 0 damage = 100% of original CR, 10 damage = 90% of original and so on.

Also, make it raise corpses within a 5 x 5 area or something, and then if it hasn't reached the cap on raised zombies, make it raise randomly in local. Preferably though, just raise everything.

I'm not too bothered about butchered animals being able to be used... maybe make them count as 90% damage and therefore only 10% of original CR?

• Like 1

Already hard enough to garantee which corpses gets raised if there are more than 50 corpses or however many is raised..

Last time we did it we ended up with a ton of zombie horses, hens and pheasants..

Seems too easy to counter this spell by having other crap corpses around in local.

I think 50 corpses is a fine cap.. but maybe it needs to select those corpses sorting from nearest ones to the ones further away.. so you have a little control over what actually gets raised.

Instead of having a ton of troll corpses on the ground and a zombie hen in your raid :P

I could see this once the cooldown worked correctly. But we loved the zombie pheasant :)

Maybe the damage on the corpse could relate to the CR of the raised creature. 0 damage = 100% of original CR, 10 damage = 90% of original and so on.

Also, make it raise corpses within a 5 x 5 area or something, and then if it hasn't reached the cap on raised zombies, make it raise randomly in local. Preferably though, just raise everything.

I'm not too bothered about butchered animals being able to be used... maybe make them count as 90% damage and therefore only 10% of original CR?

Oh I agree completely that damaged means less.

3 days, and once again another buff-BL thread, the forth this week.

You can raise a mass amount of zombies every 3 days, it's a great spell as is. -1. I think some people are just too hooked on getting game changes in their favor than working for it. Take JK for instance, you did this spell twice now on them, yet they don't make a post wanting a cooldown (though by all means it seems broken), they defend and play the game.

Edited by Postes

-1 to raising butchered at all ever, that is a tactic used to prevent animals from being raised. I dunno about any other changes, I mean it can be VERY powerful. Having corpses in the area as a counter against the spell is also a tactic to fight against it.

50 greenish/champ/whatever trolls raised, even just 50 normal trolls, is just insane...

Don't know much about this as I don't have a priest accout on ANY server, but how much faith do you need to re-animate ?

I think the entire spell is poorly designed IMO.

If I were to code I would make it so at least 10 zombies are animated, regardless of corpses in the area, and give them a standard strength (could be determined by a power factor somehow.) this would also justify the insane cooldown period.

Don't know much about this as I don't have a priest accout on ANY server, but how much faith do you need to re-animate ?

300, which is lowered to 150 because of the priest kingdom title. So that takes two good priests, perhaps three.

A worthwhile land of the dead spell takes a good amount of preparation to get right. You effectively have two days to collect corpses before they gain more than 10dmg.

leave it the way it is... imagine fending off 50 trolls.... -.-

50 trolls is too much, even if they only last for 24 hours that's practically 24 hours of invincibility.

not too much just leave it the way it is lock thisor something

not too much just leave it the way it is lock thisor something

Lock this because you disagree? Here I was thinking this is a discussion are for suggestions and ideas. Maybe people should PM you their ideas first, so you can tell us whether they're good enough or not?

Anyway, is 50 of (insert mob here) too much? Unless you manage to cast it smack bang in the middle of a deed, chances are that not all of the zombies are going to aggro. And then there's the reduced CR (I think?) of the zombies. Throw in 20 guards and a few player defenders and it's not as overpowered as it seems.

Every layer of defenses you break through, some die, some wander off, some get caught behind walls.

This spell takes a lot of time and effort to make work, and there's lots of things that can ruin it. A slight buff isn't going to ruin the game.

This spell is overpowered as it is already.... Give me an equivalent of offensive "Land of the dead" spell, that any other god has, that can be used in PvP??? Except for magranon spell to repair structures, which is "defensive" and is not too useful anyway.

The spell looks like a atomic bomb, but I see no reason why damaged corpses shouldn't spawn wounded zombies.

Edited by Bernd

Lock this because you disagree? Here I was thinking this is a discussion are for suggestions and ideas. Maybe people should PM you their ideas first, so you can tell us whether they're good enough or not?

Anyway, is 50 of (insert mob here) too much? Unless you manage to cast it smack bang in the middle of a deed, chances are that not all of the zombies are going to aggro. And then there's the reduced CR (I think?) of the zombies. Throw in 20 guards and a few player defenders and it's not as overpowered as it seems.

Every layer of defenses you break through, some die, some wander off, some get caught behind walls.

This spell takes a lot of time and effort to make work, and there's lots of things that can ruin it. A slight buff isn't going to ruin the game.

Most deeds have under 10 guards. Throw in 15+ raiders, their pets and what do you get? A destroyed deed. Hey were you around when we did this to Magtor? Didn't think so, the deed disbanded a day later. The spell is very powerful as it is.

"This spell takes a lot of time and effort to make work" get a group of 10 people go to the tundra, stepe.. ect kill all the trolls ( Its usually full of trolls because they are hard to kill and give little skill. ) That doesn't seem too hard now does it? To think we get stick for using a champ no gump when BL can do this. I don't think it should be nerfed but it should definitely not be buffed.

Is there a way to let it raise 100 critters?

I say let it raise 100 and who cares what the dmg level is on any of them. And drop the favor cost down to 120. I am serious. I am not trolling here. Actually, can we just halve the favor requirements for all Libila spells? Something has to be done for these poor bastards in HoTS so they can get a kill here or there.

The most powerful spell in the game doesn't need a buff. Also I thought Rolf intended Land of the Dead to be casted every 30 days.

Edited by Madrocks