Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

[Casting/spelleffects] Nolocate With 77 Str And -16 Second Duration.

Hey.

I've just managed to notice a really weird bug.. never seen it before and not able to reproduce it probably.. but ill give as much detail as i can.

I was standing in a mine on my priest Piekea (Hots, elevation) i have 21.5 Faith bonus where im standing as seen in my spelleffects window, always have it open when casting.

I Cast a Nolocate spell on Piekea (myself).. and i noticed somthing weird while i was checking the Power of the cast..

Power was 77.xx and the duration was -16s and then it ticked down to -17s and disappeared like 1 second later.

My other skills at the time of casting were:

Channeling 37.95

Prayer: 34.00

Religion: 31.56

Preaching: 13.70

Alignment: -52.88

Soul Str: 24.15

Soul Depth: 22.32

All casting related skills i know of.

After this cast i did another on my main char.. came out roughly 60 power and normal 60m timer.. and another one on Piekea which came out 67 power and normal 67m timer.

Is this a known bug for spells to come out with negative power?

It was not the first spell i had cast that day.. did a Dark Messenger earlier.. was however the first nolocate of the day for piekea.

Added the log entries for the first cast.. where there was no preexisting nolocate on..

[09:46:44] You start to cast 'Nolocate' on yourself.

[09:46:58] You cast 'Nolocate' on yourself.

[09:46:58] You frown as you fail to improve the power.

Resulted in a -16s duration 77 power cast :/

Edited by Julepalme

It's not a bug for spells to have negative power. The cast might have been -77. The wiki has an explanation of why negative casts, it's what decides whether something breaks or not.

May or may not be related I guess.

It's not a bug for spells to have negative power. The cast might have been -77. The wiki has an explanation of why negative casts, it's what decides whether something breaks or not.

May or may not be related I guess.

The observation from Julepalme was the negative timescale. the cast power was positive.

Yes.. a postive cast of 77 Power and a timer of -16 seconds.. on a person.

What I meant is that a negative cast might very well be displayed as a positive cast, meaning it's only a display bug, not a complicated bug in the casting system.

No, this I reported to rolf personally, perma casts, guess he didn't fix it after all.