Sign in to follow this  
Loremaster

Revert All Of The Unpopular Updates

Lamps should not take damage on deed. That's actually a thing that's in the changelog. Along with banners and flags.

I'll have to check again, maybe it was just carry over that i missed. I have a lot of lamps lol.

The major unbalancing factor in the game, coupled with the more unnecessary updates is the people that play the game.

We clamour for changes that need to be made like a starving person does for food, and are thrown breadcrumbs while the greedy get roast boar. You want an example ? The lamp change. Was this really warranted ?

To reason Madt's post, yes some change has been needed in combat for some time. I don't believe Rolf has finished tweaking the fighting system yet.

Trolls bashing walls. Hmm. I like that one, but can completely understand why people would be against it. You're just starting out, or already have paid a sum of money for your deed and a troll comes along and wrecks all your hard time spent. Not good really, but it does add a side to the game that I enjoy. Just need to check on those outer walls from now on, but this really should have been put to a vote by Rolf. instead he just went with his gut instincts, which I must comment BUT it is not doing the game any good longer term.

Unfortunately that's one thing that will always hold Wurm back from realising its full potential. rolf seems to run it like a hobby rather than a business.

I think we, the players, deserve a little better.

There is nothing wrong with giving items use ever and the lamp change is candy to what Wild had to endure as far as changes go.

Lamps were never meant to stay on forever off deed or on deed and part of the fix means they must be filled.

Giving Olive Oil a use is a good thing IMHO and I hope he does more to add more uses for some of the items in game already.

As far as having to pay for a templar to fill them??? That may be a sign of things to come in design plans.

Edited by Protunia

There is nothing wrong with giving items use ever and the lamp change is candy to what Wild had to endure as far as changes go.

Lamps were never meant to stay on forever off deed or on deed and part of the fix means they must be filled.

Giving Olive Oil a use is a good thing IMHO and I hope he does more to add more uses for some of the items in game already.

As far as having to pay for a templar to fill them??? That may be a sign of things to come in design plans.

Then it's a BAD sign.

I think we would be better of focusing on one idea and keep the whine spot light brightly lit on it. That is what it took to get tunneling mobs removed. It takes a tremendous pressure to convince Rolf a decision need to be reverted.

If i had my way, all the stuff the OP points out and and many other things would be reverted. Horses and carts go full speed backward, vehicles in general are easier to get them to be parallel with the road, Vehicles turn in place, mobs don't attack horses, forever lights are a nice deed perk, remove NPC fence bashing mechanics (replace/option guards to place a warding barrier which doesn't let mobs withing 5 tiles of a village tile).