Sign in to follow this  
krinos78

Taming Hell Horses For Bl/ Sol Demons In Luv With Vynora Xd

Hey all, and especially Rolf.

Getting BC31 takes a while for new people. And lately hota has seen quite some hellhorse riders. WL hellhorse riders that is.

So that creates unbalance for pvp. (Which means no pvp at hota WL vs BL, which is bad imo. :P )

Reasons:

Lib priests cant tame at all.

And being a lib follower gets u a lot less chance to tame a HH. Or any other animal for that matter.

So even if u get taming real high, u still have a problem taming 1.

HH should be equal difficulty to tame for WL as for BL.

1. Cuz it messes up the balance. (HH vs normal horse is huge advantage. More dmg before slowed and faster as normal anyways.)

2. Cuz BL should be the ones riding evil mounts, as they r supposed to be evil n all. (Why let goody2shoes faiths have main use of evil mounts?)

(They arent even normal animals. As they r hostile unlike deer or any other passive animal.)

3. BL cant use charm animal.

4. Cant dominate HH instead.

5. Making it a zombie makes it lose traits (afaik) and therefor lesser to bred ones with traits, end even so u can only use it for 1 day.

Solution: Easy, just keep the bad vibe taming deer and proper animals. But keep the HH out of it. Its not a real animal anyway.

for equality +1.....but in fairness rolf will just say WL tame HH is equal to BL zombies....but none the less WL priests can tame and BL cannot...there are many flaws to priests which stink...like not farming for instance

I would agree in parts to most of these concerns.. maybe not so much no 2 as much :) only as evil as you wanna be.

1. i really think its lame to have HH have such a relatively high requirement of 31 body control to ride..

because it seems like most other things like fast levelling, and the curve is there to promote relatively quick access to pvp for new players..

to avoid it becoming a longtime players pastime.

theres already artifacts, high skill, glimmer/adamantine and kingdom office bonuses to give long time players a bonus in pvp.. they really dont need far more OP mounts than new players.

I'd say reduce the BC requirement to 25 maybe. to make it a lot more realistic to get within say the first month. (your milage may vary but ive got 23.22 after 20 days played on epic).

2. as for the taming.. yes it really sucks not being able to use them as a libila priest, and in general having a really hard time taming them as libila follower. and when we do get them tame dont stay loyal for long i hear, and also as mentioned in points 3 and 4.. no charm or dominate.. and zombifying ruins them pretty much.

so you basically making the best pvp mount unsuitable/unuseable by most of HOTS. and generally delaying new players getting into pvp because they cant outrun/chase down any opponents on a hellhorse..

So i agree changes to the hell horse is sorely needed from my point of view.. +1

Edited by Julepalme

rolf will just say WL tame HH is equal to BL zombies

No, he wont say that. Because its not true. A zombie HH without traits is crap compared a traited 1.

Also zombie HH have less CR than a normal 1.

Edited by krinos78

No, he wont say that. Because its not true. A zombie HH without traits is crap compared a traited 1.

i mean he will state, they can tame and we can zombify...but as far as traits and such go...that should be fixed...WLers gaining speed bonus on them with exceptional kingdom bonuses...and we dont have any zombied speed traits..

And zombiefied horses only last for 24hr anyway and then die.. require us to kill our best horses every time we'd want to use one limiting breeding etc.

Not to mention the other sides have more OP dominate/charm for champ mobs.. and we only have Zombify which is severely time limited 1 time use pr champ troll e.g. and has reduced CR over a dom/charmed mob..

isnt it about time we got a little love.. instead of just kissing ass to WL'ers

i mean he will state, they can tame and we can zombify...but as far as traits and such go...that should be fixed...WLers gaining speed bonus on them with exceptional kingdom bonuses...and we dont have any zombied speed traits..

My main argument would be that HH arent normal animals. I havent seen any of those irl anyways.

And ye even if zombies keep traits, its like jule says we would still have to keep killing our horses, even if we got that far. Not realistic.

I would agree in parts to most of these concerns.. maybe not so much no 2 as much :) only as evil as you wanna be.

1. i really think its lame to have HH have such a relatively high requirement of 31 body control to ride..

because it seems like most other things like fast levelling, and the curve is there to promote relatively quick access to pvp for new players..

to avoid it becoming a longtime players pastime.

theres already artifacts, high skill, glimmer/adamantine and kingdom office bonuses to give long time players a bonus in pvp.. they really dont need far more OP mounts than new players.

I'd say reduce the BC requirement to 25 maybe. to make it a lot more realistic to get within say the first month. (your milage may vary but ive got 23.22 after 20 days played on epic).

2. as for the taming.. yes it really sucks not being able to use them as a libila priest, and in general having a really hard time taming them as libila follower. and when we do get them tame dont stay loyal for long i hear, and also as mentioned in points 3 and 4.. no charm or dominate.. and zombifying ruins them pretty much.

so you basically making the best pvp mount unsuitable/unuseable by most of HOTS. and generally delaying new players getting into pvp because they cant outrun/chase down any opponents on a hellhorse..

So i agree changes to the hell horse is sorely needed from my point of view.. +1

This pretty much, well said!

+1

Also zombie HH have less CR than a normal 1.

A tamed or dommed animal has half cr too now.

Not to mention the other sides have more OP dominate/charm for champ mobs.. and we only have Zombify which is severely time limited 1 time use pr champ troll e.g. and has reduced CR over a dom/charmed mob..

I'd like to invite you to dominate a champ troll or charm a champ croc and tell me how overpowered it is when it goes untame in a few hits (and probabl;y eat you and your buddies in the process), whereas a zombie pet will stay loyal untill it dies. I'd happily have a 1time use only pet that stays loyal and doesnt turn on me, rather than one that's severely unreliable...

I could see them being a bit easier to tame, might be the best solution to all problems.

Edited by Alyeska

+1 to reducing body control requirement, +1 to zombied horses keeping traits. +1 all round

I'd like to invite you to dominate a champ troll or charm a champ croc and tell me how overpowered

Its not about dominating, its about taming and BL not able to use HH properly.

I could see them being a bit easier to tame, might be the best solution to all problems.

yes it would be fair. I think even zombie HH with traits would even be better. Or best let lib priest have charm monster spell, while the HH labeled a monster. :P

I said it in a different thread but imo 31 BC is not that difficult to achieve, effort = reward, and as far as taming goes for BL it is not impossible and in terms of Libila priests specifically, well, its not like they have a lot of the restrictions that the other deitys have so Im sorry but -1 from me. See it as bias if you will but thats my thoughts, I worked to grind the BC and taming required with this goal in sight after I was slaughtered by a hellhorse mounted enemy rather than get angry and ask for a nerf ;)

• Like 1

Libila priests have the choice of bringing a champion troll or crocodile with them which will help your team more than a hell horse.

Its not about dominating, its about taming and BL not able to use HH properly. This comment here like Sme said you want to use them properly get the stats. it isnt hard to do. and before you say a priest cant get the stats i dont even want to hear that either depriest get the stats or stay priest and finish tons and tons of unfinished carp items so a big -1 from me sorry

The stats part isn't really a problem in my eyes. It's more people running around on hellhorses going at a permanent 40Kmh that me, as a priest of libila, can never hope to catch.

It basically gives enemies the freedom to run around as they please without any worry of opposition.

Libila priests have the choice of bringing a champion troll or crocodile with them which will help your team more than a hell horse.

The problem isn't that Hellhorses are a handy thing to have in a group fight, the problem is if you have one you're essentially invulnerable.

Edited by BrokenSanity

you chose to go priest dont start with balance issues priests have always had restictions and everyone knows that when they priest . and can you not pass a pet off to another?

you chose to go priest dont start with balance issues

Im not a priest Mikey u know that.

can you not pass a pet off to another?

And no u cant give pets away if u dont have the skill for it.

as far as taming goes for BL it is not impossible

Lol, not impossible is like close to it u mean?

Lib priest have drain health, zombify and they can woodcut(only realistic way to gain body stam quickly on epic) along with they can mine. Lib priests already have a pretty sweet deal going with very few negatives. Lib priests can even use archery.

The taming and body control issue can both be made up for by work on the priests part. So a big -1 from me.

again you have the option to get the skill either stay priest and work with what you have or depreist and get the skills you need to be able to use em . dont ask for a nerf becuse its not fair to you. i mean how hard is it to get the skill you need to beable to ride/tame HH>it is epic skill gains we are talking about here not freedom code

From what I understand Pancakebunnyman was somewhere between 50-70 taming before turning WL, so no not impossible

I somewhat agree, I do think its unfair that libila priest can't tame Hellhorses. but there are a few problems you need to look at. if you make it so you can't tame hellhorses than all BL priests will be the only ones riding hellhorses, which will overpower BL priests.

Getting the BC down, seems ok to me, but not really necessary. there still have to be certain things in game that take a lot of effort to get

For normal BL players, you have just as much change to ride one as any other WL player, just get the taming skill...WL players have to do that too.

Dominate and charm don't get used that much, there really arent that many priest fighters on the WL side.

I do think something needs to change, but if you want to make it so WL players can't tame it then just make it unrideable so nobody can use the advantage

Why does the "BL has to be different from WL" argument never come up when it can't be used in favor of BL? :P (In other words, I agree with what Plebina said.) You can't have best of both worlds, there must be some sort of balance.

Personally I think the health of a hell horse is fine (8~10 arrow shots), the additional armor (which results in "arrow glances off") it gets is too much though and makes it pretty much an "invincible" mount in melee battles.

EDIT: Another balancing option would be to make hell horses impossible to breed: no more unlimited supply, no traits.

Edited by Wiro