Sign in to follow this  
alaskanbob

Looking At Joining A Village

Currently on Indy and looking at joining up with a new village soon. Server doesn't matter as I'm willing to cross servers.

- Prefer the deed to be near or on water.

- I like hunting so any nearby hunting grounds are a huge plus.

- Deed doesn't have to be established I'm willing to help terraform, building, ect.

- I'd like there to be multiple active villagers or active alliance.

I'm not a new player so no teaching required.

Your welcome to join us At Libero Terra over on Celebration, were just startign out but we've built an island right next to Tapdance, theres always plenty of people in local and the village wont take five minutes to grow with all the players passing through, however i do work in the day time so am only on during evenign and weekends but the others ar eon a decent bit :)

My village on Deli fulfils all of those requirements, the village itself is in the middle of a forest that's chock full of unis, spiders and lions, and there's an allied deed about 50-100 tiles north that's waterfront for boats. Plenty of terraforming that still needs doing (think 10-20k dirt) and over half a dozen active allies across the 3 villages (not including our alts). We always have local projects on, such as mine expansions, reforestation, currently expanding the local canal (slow and steady wins the race). Feel free to forum PM me if interested :D

Deed name: Nibelheim

Mayor: Troy

Server: Exdous

We are next to water and have many wild life near the village, wild cats, trolls, gobbins, spiders, wolves, bears and dogs PM troy in game

Hello Alaskanbob;

I believe that your requirements that you laid out, are exceptionally met by the Villiage of Kalayaan (co-ordinates 37y, 17x on this map: http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/indemap.png);

"Prefer the deed to be on or near the water"

This is our current deed map: http://img402.images...88/kalayaan.png -- At the very bottom, we have a large coastline/harbourfront area connecting our village to the Inner Sea - in the harbour area, we have ample room for shipbuilding, a vacant waterfront property, and several of our alliance villages have waterfront properties too (this makes trade and commerce with them a little bit easier :D)

"I like hunting grounds..."

To the west of our village (opposite direction of the water) is a huge forested area, with a couple of Unicorn "respawn" points, and a couple of Bear dens; to the south of our village is also where you will find deer, wild dogs, spiders, and more bears (essentially, our entire deed is surrounded by forests and several animal dens/nests that serve as respawning locations for the avid hunter :P)

"Deed doesn't have to be established..."

Kalayaan village is moderately built-up; but we are always trying to expand and build new things in order to keep expanding and attract more people to the village (for instance, right now - we are currently digging/flattening the second half of a mountain - 5k dirt left, plus surface mining), and we are finishing up the expansion of our harbour... on top of other projects! :)

"I'd like there to be multiple active villagers"

As it currently stands, Kalayaan has 7 active villagers, within an alliance that - on average - will have at least an additional 6 members online (not including members of Kalayaan); and sometimes having 10 or 12 online, not including Kalayaan villagers!

~

If you're still interested, there is a lot of information (and photos! :D) to be found here: http://forum.wurmonl...eryone-welcome/ -- and if you would like to join, please feel free to contact "Xandrya", "Mitgira", "Vex", or "Tesula" in-game (or "Vex" on the forums, if that is easier for you?)... If you would like, we would also be more then happy to transport you to our village (by boat, etc.) and if need be, help move your things to the village, if you have anything that needs to be moved :)

Thanks for your consideration!

Edited by Vex

my village is not far from water it is just north of green dog on deli, on the map it is still called keepers of the plain, it is near a mountain were spiders always seem to be, and just south their is a deed asgard that has more hunting ground with a mix of different animals, east I think a scorpion spawn is also their are some wolves that way to, we are established and ever growing, we don't make any one do somthing they don't want to, we got a iron mine across the road, and down the road their are 3 silver mines, I am also building a wolf reserve, Toadly is the mayor, me I am just a recruter but he sends the invites. I am hoping you chose us pm me in game as dragonfire or leave me a pm in forum or you can contact Toadly in game.

I'll be looking at what everyone has said and possibly stopping by some of the closer deeds in the next week before making my decision.

X27, y37 on Exodus might be worth your time to take a look around.

juts look at all the villages, see what they are like and what you are wanting.

You're welcome to come have a look at Iron Hill / Kings Gate x17 y29 on exodus.

We are in the process of building a village (3-4 months old) where aesthetics are the main driving force.

We have spent many an hour building community projects, roads to ease visitor access, a town hall, an Inn and merchent quarter(Trader and merchants).

There is a local map at http://www.papergrave.com/wurm/map.php

We frown upon fencing in large areas as part of land grabs.

There are rules for the community which are debated rather than handed down from high (We do ask however for newcomers to not expect to automatically have a loud voice in this process).

There is undeeded land around the north and east edges of the main village for settlers, protected by a few strategically placed buildings so that it remains free.

We have long term goals to create a functioning community and estabilishing commerce with far flung lands.

While we prefer potential citizens to look to fill vacant professions in the community its not mandatory, at the moment we have a great need for carpentor.

We are open to all nationalities and are almost at the stage of having locals active 24/7.