Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Choose Favor Regen Or Sleep Bonus When Sleeping In Bed.

Let us choose whether we get sleep bonus or favor when sleeping in a bed. A similar option would be to convert sleep bonus to favor. The later option would give us more control, I like it better, either way.

The favor regeneration rate would need to be slower because your not online. I don't know exactly how much slower the rate should be.

Similarly, a SB conversion would convert time slept to favor. For reference SB is 1 min. given per 24 actual min. slept. When calculating the conversion of SB to favor we would have to apply favor regen's expodential curve. I dont' know the formula. Its enough to point out that 10m of SB trader for favor would result in differnt favor amounts depending the toon's current favor level.

• Like 5

I'd be a bit concerned about converting sleep bonus to favour in combat situations, but otherwise +1

Just make favor regenerate when logged out. It is dumb I must sit online and use server and personal computer resources to regenerate favor. It already keeps track of how long you sleep while in a bed. So just make it so favor regenerates offline only when logged out in a bed.

Edited by Plebian
  • Like 5

I think the swapping Sleep Bonus for Favor is a better Idea, because I really do not want to have to go through more options and pop ups when I log of.

I like that its a simple yes or no question like it is now although maybe you could have the default answer be always Sleep Bonus.

I still don't even know about that as It would really make some players mad to find out they logged off with the favor thing on and when they logged back in to find 0 mins Sleep Bonus.

It might even be better to just do them both at the same time when logged off and have no options at all.

Edited by Protunia

Nice idea, +1. Ols has a point that it might not be great for combat; so you could add a 180 second swap time limit that starts as soon as you log on, after which you can't swap favor/sleep etc anymore. Or you could just disallow the swap from happening in the presence of an enemy player.

Edited by Docterchese

If there's a 3 minute swap time then you probably wont get much favour from sleep in which case it might just be better to have them both regenerate at once when asleep, with a possible grace from sleep that reduces the favour cost of the next X number of casts or causes your favour to regen significantly faster for a short period.

Just make it regenerate when logged off, bed or not, the same way stamina does when drowning.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 4

Just make it regenerate when logged off, bed or not, the same way stamina does when drowning.

this is even better.

Might be the easiest to do for Rolf anyway, so +1

Might be the easiest to do for Rolf anyway, so +1

1 silver coin says it'll get bugged somehow and favour will regenerate instantly when logged off.

I think it should regenerate along with sleep bonus, but I don't think there should be any way to convert SB to favor. SB should not be a favor battery, in my opinion.

What if favor regenerated at 25% the normal rate while logged off in a bed? I think that would be fair.

No objections to regenerating favor offline regardless of where you sleep. Sure, favor and SB reward for sleeping in a bed would be good too. To be honest I like those better but felt the need to cater this suggestion to preserve game balance. Always offline favor regeneration is a something for nothing change.

I like this idea too. But a -1 to swapping SB for favor. Apples and oranges, they should not be swappable.

Just have a timer to convert SB to favour, e.g. you could make a spell called Renew or somesuch, where when you cast it, it opens up an interface window where you decide how much SB to use (akin to Locate Soul's interface). Would also be handy for Vyns as they could use Wisdom of Vynora to stockpile favour as SB without needing to carry around a million gems.

Just have a timer to convert SB to favour, e.g. you could make a spell called Renew or somesuch, where when you cast it, it opens up an interface window where you decide how much SB to use (akin to Locate Soul's interface). Would also be handy for Vyns as they could use Wisdom of Vynora to stockpile favour as SB without needing to carry around a million gems.

That's exactly what I did not want to see, SB swapped for favor, and favor swapped for SB. We really should keep those 2 things separate. Then no one can claim abuse.

I started thinking about this more and it should just regen when you log off in the same time frame as if you were logged in.

No special spells, exchanges, or bonuses as sleep bonus is already a bonus.

The thing is if you do change this to exchange sb for favor whats to stop the next person to request it in exchange for fatigue?? or healing? or what ever it will be when the time comes.

Sleep bonus is for all players and Priests should not be given any extra ability to change what it is given for.

If the goal is to get Favor regen while offline then just do that and forget all these other extra bells and whistles.

I think regen while offline is a better idea, but there should be some period of time after logging off before it starts, so that we don't force people to log on and off all the time to stay competitive.

I think regen while offline is a better idea, but there should be some period of time after logging off before it starts, so that we don't force people to log on and off all the time to stay competitive.

I really don't see that as a problem. Sleep Bonus regenerates rather slowly anyway. If you were capable of 100 favor it could take a couple of hours for it all to regen. Don't see any difference is whether you are offline or online (and having to stand still) waiting for that. And so what if every priest wakes up with 100 favor. What is that, 2 coc casts or a nimbleness cast to start the day? A nice thing to wake up to, and not so much that it would imbalance the game.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea that they should be interchangable, however as for regaining favour while logged off, I can't think of any reason why that shouldn't be the case. Even if it was just at a 'flat rate' rather than any exponential effect (which would be much harder to calculate or would require addition database updates while you were offline). The 'flat-rate' could be higher if logged out in a bed.

+1 to favour regen

-1 to SB <-> favour exchangability.

I like where this discussions going, I leave my priest on all day or night doing nothing path of love refresh for nutrition when I'm ready to actually play. Just for favor.

The SB exchange was included in the OP partly because I wan't sure about coding difficulty for tracking favor regen offline. Now I realize is a matter of comparing log off time, log in time and favor at log off. Then, feed all that into a time based curve. We must have the log off and in values now for SB calculations.

Favor regeneration would be less when sleeping. This means you wouldn't want to go to sleep unless you'll be away for so long that both awake and sleep result in the same outcome. How long does 100 favor take to regen? What if 6 hours of sleep gave 100 favor?

A lot of people here are sticking with the personal opinion approach instead of looking at it from a game balance perspective. I personally think a lot of stuff and the vast majority of it isn't like because apparently its too easy. Getting favor while offline would be a bonus, so now what did we give, pay, or work harder to get that bonus? That was the basic premises with chose between SB and favor. Although, offline favor and SB when sleeping in bed is a pretty small perk, it should make players happier and won't break the game.

I would want favor regen only while logged off in a bed. This would stop me from being able to log in enemy territory and refilling my favor.

• Like 1

What if 6 hours of sleep gave 100 favor?

Stamina regains in that amount of time, so i would say its a good time for full faith too.

I'd say normal regen rate would be fine. After all, once you are full it stops. Consider how others compensate now, they stay online constantly and check every so often (even in the middle of the night if they wake up), using or storing the favor when they have enough. So, sleeping would give you just one recharge, when staying online could get you multiple recharges in the same timeframe.