Sign in to follow this  
Cornchips

Remove Gank Bonus, Remove Crowding.

Gank Bonus, it could play the biggest or smallest factor in a fight depending on which side you're on. This is a suggestion to completely remove it, but in return remove overcrowding (4 people max when attacking a player) to compensate.

An example: You find yourself in a 1vs3 situation, you're instantly going to die because of gank bonus if you're the solo person versus a crowd. I'm asking that this be removed and account stats/skills will matter more. As it stands right now it's un-needed because the side with more numbers will almost always win, there's no need to overkill, it'll make more fights fun and enjoyable too and give the underdog faction/side even the smallest chance to win a fight that isn't in their favor.

• Like 4

I really doubt anything will come from this suggestion as people have been moaning about overcrowding for ages.

But.. +1 anyway!

+1, this is a perfect example of where realism can be forfeited for the sake of balance.

+1, this is a perfect example of where realism can be forfeited for the sake of balance.

Wow, i had no idea this existed... So instead of balancing the player that was going vs several people, they went overkill and gave a extra bonus for people ganging up on a single target? I mean don't they have that by default, cause they're more. I mean its not even a question of adding realism, its actually kinda overkill.

I do understand this being applied so that a few low FS guys could gank a high FS one. But there's other ways of doing so, like penalties to skill when attacking someone with lower skills. Or you could go Guildwars2 on Wurm, and just make it that all players on PvP start with maxed FS. But then again, since Wurm combat isn't all that great anyhow... Oh well...

-1 making skills matter more? so now only a select few can successfully pvp cause they have the skills necessary, if u wanna pvp u have to grind for hours upon hours upon hours. 1v3, the 3 shoudl have the advantage its just like a wolf pack taking down a moose.

My point was the numbers will still have an advantage, but you could still possibly win with the right skill set or statistics. As is sets at the moment 3 or 4 alts can take down 1 70fs fighter easily, now does that makes sense?

+1

I've seen a pack of 3 brand new f2p alts literally slaughter a 70fs fully geared player in less then a 60 seconds. obviously that is an indicator of a problem.

+1

I've seen a pack of 3 brand new f2p alts literally slaughter a 70fs fully geared player in less then a 60 seconds. obviously that is an indicator of a problem.

with short swords and wooden shields??? or were these twinked?

with short swords and wooden shields??? or were these twinked?

With the weapons they spawned with and not only once but three times with two different fully skilled and geared fighters.

If that is the case then maybe gank bonuses should be based more on FS and body stats than just simply being in a certain position while fighting. Instead of removing the restrictions on the amount of players who can be attacking someone.

If you remove this overcrowding factor and allow 10-20 guys to kill one person what is the difference?

+1

Err, this.. wouldn't have any change to the proposed update. I think you might of misread the post or something.

+1 to totally removing overcrowding if and only if the extra insane gank bonus added in is removed. In that case, yes yes and more yes.

If you got ganked like, 2 years ago on Wild, you had a chance to parry/hit escape etc.

If you get ganked now, you can block some, can't hit, and pretty much dead.

I've spent countless weeks nonstop, not hours, weeks grinding pvp skills on my account, and unless I have matching or close numbers, the larger group will make that grind void. So what's the point?

• Like 1

+1 to totally removing overcrowding if and only if the extra insane gank bonus added in is removed. In that case, yes yes and more yes.

If you got ganked like, 2 years ago on Wild, you had a chance to parry/hit escape etc.

If you get ganked now, you can block some, can't hit, and pretty much dead.

I've spent countless weeks nonstop, not hours, weeks grinding pvp skills on my account, and unless I have matching or close numbers, the larger group will make that grind void. So what's the point?

Well summed up

If that is the case then maybe gank bonuses should be based more on FS and body stats than just simply being in a certain position while fighting. Instead of removing the restrictions on the amount of players who can be attacking someone.

If you remove this overcrowding factor and allow 10-20 guys to kill one person what is the difference?

I honestly didn't understand the first part, the point is to make body stats and skills matter more not base an overkill bonus on them.

-1 making skills matter more? so now only a select few can successfully pvp cause they have the skills necessary, if u wanna pvp u have to grind for hours upon hours upon hours. 1v3, the 3 shoudl have the advantage its just like a wolf pack taking down a moose.

You mean a moose pack taking on a wolf.

• Like 1

This is to benefit if you're caught out alone or outnumbered. In no way does this limit people from pvping.