Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Epic Council.

Honestly, Wild would be fine if Rolf would just revert all the changes he's made to it in the past year and a half ::)

I am fairly sure any kingdom you join will teach you PvP, Xian. Everyone wants a fair playing field and fair batlteground, even myself. Recently we had more discussions in our kingdom and agreed no longer to loot people except for rare+ items. I guess I just don't understand from your perspective what mystery there is, I think the PvP system is very dull and bland, it's easy to grasp, so I am unsure what exactly needs explaining about it.

I would be any kingdom on Epic would happily take a wishful fighter in, train them, and explain the fighting/combat system. There is no real mysteries or secrets in PvP, it's a fairly straight-forward text system.

The player count is holding steady atm so it seems there is a solid base of peopel who enjoy epic. You are saying its dieing. Not so. You whining that wild was dieing and spreading false propaganda is what helped wild get screwed over in the first place.

Furthermore many people tried epic at first but got tired of the noob killing you and your guys perpetrated, killing noobs over and over for no reason but to gloat about your noob gotten rank a year later... and you wonder why their was a massive die off immediatly?

Epic is not dieing. It is holding steady. It would probably be better yet if you just left and played LOL or something.

You can say what you'd like, Suntzu, but graphs don't lie. I can't fake graphs and those numbrs.

We started with 560, and are now at 120. If you don't think that's a decline or "dying" then I don't know what you consider dying. The graph shouldn't be declining or "holding steady" it should be going up. That's the whole goal of every game, get new players in and joining, but "holding steady" is just as bad as declining in my opinion.

There is a solid base, but it's a solid base of 100 or so players and that isn't fun for PvP on a big scale game like this. It's cute though if you wish to blame one person doing PvP for killing server, I am flattered. ;)

Edited by Postes

Oh don't be flattered, the damage you did to epic the first few weeks caused major damage. Flocks of people quit after your guys killed em repeatedly for no reason other than rank. Now you complain? If you actually cared you wouldn't play the game in a such a way that discourages interest in pvp and wurm in general. You and your crowd have made elevation undesirable to new players. If you want more people to play maybe you should have thought about how you made the game no fun for so many those first few weeks... #irony

. Flocks of people quit after your guys killed em repeatedly for no reason other than rank.

So the problem players PvPing on the PVP server? Ah, good theory. Very wise. :rolleyes:

I won't apologize for early PvPing on a PvP server, that is what you sign up for when you play these games and join a PvP server. If people didn't like PvP and the risk then they should not of joined the server, and really I never saw anyone complain about it aside from yourself who never quit. Again you're just wanting to put the blame on one thing instead of realizing there's many issues with Epic that need reworked. Sorry but your theory is just silly talk from a jealous bitter person.

You also make early PvP to sound like groups of people got outraged, lol, it was nothing like that at all. Many people had fun.

(Fang is some guy on MRH)

[00:39:07] <Fang> i hate anything to do with rock... i had to get the mining to place it

[00:39:44] <Hellfang> here

[00:39:47] <Fang> :o

[00:39:48] <Hellfang> Your stuff.

[00:39:50] <Fang> <3

[00:40:03] <Fang> nice people be nice

[00:40:25] <Fang> i needa go find my shovel i wanna get back to digging :o

[00:40:29] <Savagescholz> i have 3 MR coprses on deed o.0guards Y U NO KEEL? :P

[00:40:30] <Barefoot> when will you all leave?

[00:40:36] <Savagescholz> BATTLE BOVINE ENGAGE!

[00:40:38] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Madrocks!

[00:40:46] <Notanmrspy> I was down to 20% on deed lol I almost dies

[00:41:53] <Notanmrspy> scholz can we have some cotton?

[00:42:01] <Notanmrspy> I'll give you 5c for 5kg of cotton

[00:42:08] <Savagescholz> i used it to heal my bad wounds from you meanies

[00:42:15] <Notanmrspy> D:

[00:42:20] <Savagescholz> glory is gonna be very angreh

[00:42:28] <Savagescholz> that i used her cottonz

[00:42:52] <Savagescholz> question if i may

[00:42:56] <Hellfang> Go ahead.

[00:43:13] <Savagescholz> true wpic server: stagnant or still very much fluid?

[00:43:18] <Savagescholz> epic*

[00:43:20] <Hellfang> Pardon?

[00:43:25] <Hellfang> Fun as heck, man.

[00:43:31] <Savagescholz> right on

[22:03:34] <Saffrian> bugged while dieing?q

[22:03:37] <Hellfang> yes

[22:03:45] <Hellfang> like you are not where you should be, to us you're walking in the woods

[22:03:48] <Hellfang> its a common pvp bug

[22:03:52] <Saffrian> o

[22:03:59] <Hellfang> if you coukd type /stuck

[22:04:01] <Hellfang> it would fix it

[22:04:05] <Saffrian> I did

[22:04:08] <Hellfang> ty sir

[22:04:16] <Hellfang> more of your stuff is on your corpse

[22:04:33] <Saffrian> didnt have much

[22:04:40] <Hellfang> aye but still

[22:04:47] <Saffrian> appreciate it :)

[22:04:59] <Saffrian> you guys are at least nice about killing me :)

[22:05:05] <Paleo> hey

[22:05:07] <Hellfang> Hey.

[22:05:10] <Paleo> unarmed

[22:05:13] <Hellfang> Give us a horse.

[22:05:17] <Paleo> lol

[22:05:18] <Niners> dont do it!

[22:16:18] <Hellfang> I remember you.

[22:16:21] <Niners> :P

[22:16:22] <Hellfang> I was Wwiiol on Freedom, you got mad at me.

[22:16:28] <Niners> lol ah

[22:16:34] <Niners> u know i was trollin u

[22:16:35] <Hellfang> Your stuff is on your corpse.

[22:16:36] <Niners> hard core

[22:16:38] <Niners> i got it

[22:16:39] <Niners> ty

[22:16:41] <Hellfang> kk

[00:15:58] <Hellfang> Hello, traveler.

[00:16:07] <Zirconcode> hello retards

[00:16:13] <Hexproof> LOL

[00:16:22] <Zirconcode> ;)

[00:16:23] <Hellfang> Ah, so he must know of us.

[00:16:38] <Hellfang> Childish words say it is so.

[00:17:07] <Zirconcode> go on =p

[00:17:20] <Hexproof> im hurt all i wan is cotton

[00:17:27] <Zirconcode> I got some

[00:17:33] <Hexproof> can i have some

[00:17:41] <Zirconcode> sure

[00:17:49] <Hexproof> t

[00:17:52] <Hexproof> ty

[16:10:52] <Moonpoppy> Guys dont run!

[16:11:45] <Moonpoppy> GO

[16:12:39] <Ersi> CHARGE!

[16:17:00] <Ashieyu> ersi do you have water?

[16:18:13] <Stedfast> thanks

[16:18:30] <Hopea> Not gonna heal it, but you'll live a bit longer

[16:18:53] <Stedfast> ^^

[16:24:01] <Hellfang> God damn.

[16:24:20] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Zekezor!

[16:27:15] <Touchmee> atleast let us get our bodies

[16:29:56] <Goldenflamer> looted nice items :D

[16:31:25] <Hellfang> ..they're your own people's items lol

[16:32:32] <Hellfang> we surrender

[16:33:18] <Vapetron> THIS IS A LOG

[16:33:20] <Vapetron> ITS DEADLY

[16:36:14] <Hellfang> too good

[16:36:45] <Hellfang> A LOG

[16:36:47] <Hellfang> GET BACK LOKI

[16:36:50] <Loki> all your gear is still on your bodys guys

[16:36:51] <Hellfang> THIS GUY IS SERIOIUS

[16:36:54] <Loki> we aren't mean

[16:37:39] <Hellfang> yeah your gear is all there

[16:37:41] <Hellfang> we dont need it

[16:38:02] <Sillun> You're still looting it

[16:38:08] <Sillun> And you're still lurking around

[16:38:10] <Hellfang> Nope

[16:38:38] <Thorlor> Come drain this nice deed here

[16:39:50] <Sillun> Your gear is heavy, isn't it ?

[16:40:03] <Thorlor> yeah

[16:40:12] <Thorlor> your horses seem hurt buddy

[16:43:49] <Thorlor> Yo Loki, cmon ur the raiders

[16:44:22] <Loki> hey I just want to say you guys are great sports

[16:44:44] <Atlast> alright who stole my log :)

[16:44:44] <Loki> thought we were all gonners for sure

[16:44:52] <Loki> it was like 30v1

[16:44:58] <Loki> lol you did great

[16:45:10] <Loki> killed 1, amost got a couple more of us

[16:45:27] <Loki> not really

[16:55:23] <Mandos> Hello fabled warriors, i come bearing a gift for the warrior nosyt

[16:55:39] <Loki> who is nosyt

[16:55:41] <Hellfang> We leaving, you won.

[16:56:07] <Loki> there are like 10,000 of you now

[16:56:12] <Loki> run away!

[16:56:16] <Hellfang> Run!

These people don't seem upset or anything? A lot of people we spoke to early game were very polite and nice, and understood this was a PvP server.

Of course I don't deny there was always the handful of players who got very upset and mad, but overall that was a very small % of players we encountered, maybe 10%.

Edited by Postes

Postes, you make me chuckle. You might fool others but you do not fool me. Your continued obfuscation of the points I and others have raised in addition to your apparent inability to assign any merit to any outsider's ideas or opinions make it clear that you are unable to maintain an unbiased and open mind about the changes that are required to make a Wurm PvP server a success. Why is that? Maybe you think that your vision of PvP is the only true vision of how PvP can work in this game. I doubt that that is the case. I hope that that is not the case. My opinion is that until the PvP community is willing to listen then there is no point in anyone else talking. It is clear that right now no one is listening.

Again, I wish only the best for the Epic cluster and wish you good luck and god speed in finding solutions.

You make me laugh. Talking about 'sharing pvp mysteries' as if they're some type of secret ancient fighting style that you must be trained in. I really just have no idea what you're talking about, and I honestly I don't think you yourself know either. Just like others though you want to believe it's a conspiracy to "fool you", lol.

The community listens, but if you post here with random jibberish saying "You need to share your PvP mysteries" I think collectively many are going to be confused at what you're asking.

It's not an issue of community listenings its the issue of the community reading what they want. You can post here saying, "Rolf needs to pick a few pick and form a council to help shape Epic better." and people will read it, "A snobby elitist group wants to take over and brainwash Rolf and this idea is terrible and obviously a giant scheme to ruin it for everyone else." I can't really prevent that. You will always read it how you want despite how basic and simple it can be explained originally. If you wish to believe it's a conspiracy and elitist group, then be my guest. If you wish to continue down the path of no updates and suggestions being put into the game, then be my guest. You can either get on board and realize that Epic needs relooked at it, or just wait for a miracle. I am tired though of having to explain to every conspiracy nut though about how this isn't a grand scheme, but certain people will always act that way because they're just ignorant.

Edited by Postes

90% of the PvP playerbase doesn't use the exploits(aka "secrets"), the 10% that do are generally not even the best PvPers.

Really I agree, I mean there's not even a lot of secrets to be known. I mean you just.. sorta gear up, take off Autofight, and aim. Yeah a lot of players did use exploits, and those players didn't really make it far.

90% of the PvP playerbase doesn't use the exploits(aka "secrets"), the 10% that do are generally not even the best PvPers.

hehe.... you know what makes people the most upset about this issue of abusing things in game??

The Fact that in most cases ( i have seen in 3+ years ) The offender is rarely punished to the extent that should happen and is sent on their merry way to find an use more of them.

This creates Windows of opportunity and the one thing that makes people leave a PvP game is if this happens Over and Over and Over again.

We saw it happen with Epic as well and combined with the way people did things many of us said pfft lets blow this popsicle stand....and we left in droves.

Epic was basically the last chance for Wurm PvP and those of us who thought it might be worth a shot.

An Epic council made up of the players who are left on Epic would not come up with anything new that would bring back players IMHO.

At this point it is crystal clear that those who have been running the show with their input behind the scenes as to how PvP should be in Wurm has no clue at all what a Real PvP game should be like in today's MMO market that will attract and keep players.

( and yes there are people shoving ideas to rolf through communications and friends that none of us can ever do. )

I hope when and if Rolf does decide to attempt to fix PvP in Wurm again he goes outside the current player base completely and stops listening to players who have long term agendas of their own place in Wurm.