Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

New Model Of Wooden Items Having No Differentiation Between Woodtypes?

I've noticed lately that all the new models for the wooden furnishings (bow and armor rack, huge oil tub, carts which didn't differentiate before but thought they would) all have the same wood color regardless of wood type. Was wondering what people thought of this, personally I like the different wood types having different colors. Just more customization to me.

Multiple wood types means multiple textures which means bigger pack file updates. It's good to have customization, but at the cost of so much megabytes I'm unsure it's needed for every wooden item.

But it looks horrible when the new armour stands doesn't match with all my willow textured bed, chests, weapon rack etc.

Maybe one texture for each wood type is too much, then make like 5 different textures for all wooden items, maybe choosable from a drop down menu like shop signs instead of being dependant on the last wooden piece attached.

JbBBd.jpg

Edited by Wulfgar

Pick one or pick five but don't pick one AND five is my opinion.

They once told me that they are using materials. And materials can be shared between objects.

The weapons rack and the bows rack are made out of almost the same shape boards and pegs, so they should easily be able to share the same material.

That way you not only get bow racks in every wood type, you are even doing it without adding a single texture.

Edited by Keldun

chestoak.pngchestolive.png

That's the textures used for the oak and the olive chests. Each variant of an item has seperate textures for each wood type and decay state. I'd like to see more of them but they need extra work.

Edited by ago

So why does the chest texture include contents ??? Were they going to actually open at some point ?

Yeah, chests will open, part of the new animations coming up soon .

Yeah, chests will open, part of the new animations coming up soon â„¢.

:ph34r: Can't tell if insider information ... or jaded sarcasm. Think I'll go with the latter :(

:ph34r: Can't tell if insider information ... or jaded sarcasm. Think I'll go with the latter :(

Was planned when Saroman updated the large chest. We will see.