It's very simple.

Deed owners who pay for guard(s) should:

1. cover perimeters against Agressives. Not just the 2 tiles of it they do now.

2. Should fill lamps in perimeters.

Why:

The perimeter is not free area, we pay for it both in purchase and in upkeep (as a deed owner) so why can't we have service on it like the rest of the deed.

And yes it could be argued that the original 5 tiles is "free" however, let's be honest, it's more so just included in the basic cost.

-1 for the same reason I -1 every time someone suggests stopping decay in perimeter, because perimeter is not a semi-on-deed area, it's solely an area reserved for possible future deed expansion.

You don't pay for the first 5 free perimeter tiles. Only for any future expansion space, which is considered wilderness until you deed it.

Technically you do pay for it because you buy the settlement form.

I can't expand my deed to cover lamps that are needed so that people can find us because of other deeds around us, so +1 from me.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 1

This has nothing to do with decay and not a post about decay.

Whether the perimeter is "deed" or not, it's still paid for by the player and I see no reason for it not to have service.

It would be another (small) incentive for players to deed.

Good business sense for Rolf to buy that rubber ducky he always wanted.

And it would help some of the hard feelings towards the oil/lamp dealio.

Edited by kajmir

Perimeter is not your land, why should your guard bother?

You pay for the 'right' to claim that land at a later point, not for the land to actually be yours.

• Like 1

-1 As KaiH said perimeter is not owned and this suggestion is saying otherwise.

-1 to the guards fighting aggros in permi.

+1 to lamps being lit in permi. I can't see why people would object to this. Doesn't hurt anyone and would only benefit.

Hi,

-1 to the guards fighting aggros in permi.

+1 to lamps being lit in permi. I can't see why people would object to this. Doesn't hurt anyone and would only benefit.

I'd even go a bit further. Have a look:

- With the current deed upkeep (w/o templar) you get an invisible templar that fills your lamps (even on perimeter), and repairs your stuff (on deed). More or less what we had not long ago, improved a bit.

- Adding a templar as today would make it visible, and allow to use it for KOS purposes - you'd easily be able to switch your templar visible/ invisible if there's need to control an evil neighbor, no buying costs, only upkeep. KOS on deed only, for sure. This one wouldn't care about NPC animals.

- If you want to have your templar making your deed a meat farm (attacking any aggro), pay for it. Buying costs, and additional upkeep any month. 2S for deed only, 5S for perimeter?

Reason: Those ghostly NPC's can make your neighbors life a hell, if placed correctly. No more FS skill gain for them, only thing left is hungrily staring at the hives of corpses. It shouldn't be this easy to terrorize your neighbors.

There are guard towers to protect our most sensitive tree huggers out of the care bear community. These at least require an action, "Guards!" or that. Anything beyond is just ridiculous, is harming the game, and should be bought with money. It isn't that Wurm is expensive, and if you'd like perfect security and don't want to care of it yourself, well - then pay for it.

My 2 iron coins.

Have a good time!

• Like 1

Tbs I think we should bring back the light, medium heavy system of guards with light guards having very low fs, being free and performing the normal deed maintinence, mediums being affordable and being able to protect an average freedom deed from wildlife and heavy guards being for PvP deeds and very isolated freedom deeds to have monster proof and semi-player proof defences.

As I said during the nonsensical times of AoCs, perimeters should be there to stop settlements right outside your own and not to provide on deed convenience. Nothing stops people expanding their deed 5 tiles or - God forbid - taking a minute or two every fortnight to fill a few lamps.

• Like 1

+1 I like the idea, you are technically paying for the tiles. If the guards just slay the creature at the edge of the perimeter, there could even be a check box for it.

Tbs I think we should bring back the light, medium heavy system of guards with light guards having very low fs, being free and performing the normal deed maintinence, mediums being affordable and being able to protect an average freedom deed from wildlife and heavy guards being for PvP deeds and very isolated freedom deeds to have monster proof and semi-player proof defences.

As I said during the nonsensical times of AoCs, perimeters should be there to stop settlements right outside your own and not to provide on deed convenience. Nothing stops people expanding their deed 5 tiles or - God forbid - taking a minute or two every fortnight to fill a few lamps.

I agree that small deeds and those without alot of coin should have the option to purchase the lighter guards again for less.