Sign in to follow this  
Plebian

Heads On Pikes

You take one long spear + dead human/troll/goblin corpse. And combine to make a new item called impaled head of XXXXXX. You can then plant said item on your deed as a trophy much like the HotA statues. It lasts for 3 weeks before it decays away.

I think this would be a cool flavor addition to the game.

• Like 3

Well.. It is no more gruesome than having bodies lying about on deed I suppose.

disembodied heads are a bit more gruesome. how about just hanging corpses

how about something less gruesome.

It is kinda the point.

I thought butchering humans stared giving hands at one point. It could give heads (named I hope) which could be used to make head on a spike (named I hope).

You would need ot take the hit for butchering people but that might be apropriate realy.

That would fix the issue of the whole body being a container and wha tto do with the stuff.

This has all been mentioned before BTW.

[22:53:26] The head of Gravitydog mounted on a tall spike. It is made from cedarwood. It is devilishly handsome.

Like that :)

Edited by GravityDog

disembodied heads are a bit more gruesome. how about just hanging corpses

[11:49:31] A corpse hangs from the oak tree. It is hard to tell whose body it was as it has been half eaten by wolves and the rest has decayed rather severely. A few maggots can be seen wriggling inside the remains of a leather chestpiece, which on closer inspection partially reveals who it was crafted by, It reads: 'Jo..av.n'. - perhaps the same person as hanging here. The stench of the rotting flesh is gutrenching, but at least what's left of the head is still attached to the rest of the rotting mess.

Considering the Blacklight contains gutted, human corpses, butchering being pretty graphic (have you even seen a butchered deer lately?) this sounds reasonable

Sticking corpses on pikes beats leaving them around Dragonspine Castle's main altar and eating meat out of them for quick food I guess, as long as I can look at them longer. Maybe they should have several decay states before finally becoming a pike again so you can impale a new corpse.

How about something kingdom specific?

Heads on spikes seems like a HoTS-y thing.

Head on a spike, hanging, anything else for the third kingdom?

If done. It is probably best they not be plantable. Wouldn't want to have them stuck at soome ones deed who did not want them.

They'l proly also be a "phobia" issue eventualy. :P

"blobs on spikes"

It.. would probably find a way by the art team to be less gruesome than it sounds, haha.

But *something* like this would be great on spies too. Crosses are out of the options (religious), heads may be too graphic, maybe some sort of..burial mound or the ability to turn an emptied enemy corpse into a cleaned skeleton, named with the player's name. Would give spies the general idea , along with raiders, that "you've tried this before, and look how it turned out."

And HOTS would love it, haha.