Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Taking Items From A Boat You Don't Have Access To But Have The Key

If you have a key to a boat you can in general do anything with it, captain, open inventory, etc

Even repairing the items inside works

But if i try to take them out i get

[20:09:05] The "Ship Name" is being watched too closely. You cannot take item from it.

What server is this on? Probably a feature if on Freedom.

It is on freedom, but doesn't make any sense, i can do everything else with the boat :P

you can unlock it with the key, but cannot reattach the lock

you can unlock it with the key, but cannot reattach the lock

yes, unlocking also disables the whole permissions system entirely

I'd say it's comparable to having access to a house through village settings but being unable to take any items inside. But I guess it goes either way. :P

I'm having the same damn issue and it will not work to do anything when i try to take items out although I have the key.

>>>>>> Posted 3 Aug 2012 <<<<<<

The entire permission system has changed since then, the functionality of keys included.  Don't expect it to work the same way it used to.

17 minutes ago, Chansbi said:

I'm having the same damn issue and it will not work to do anything when i try to take items out although I have the key.

With the new permission system, the owner of the vehicle is the only person who can allow access to that vehicle.  If you have the key - you can 'open' the hold, but you cannot take anything out that you haven't put in.

And as Alexgopen has stated - this post was from the year 2012 - a lot has changed since then.

42 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

With the new permission system, the owner of the vehicle is the only person who can allow access to that vehicle.  If you have the key - you can 'open' the hold, but you cannot take anything out that you haven't put in.

And as Alexgopen has stated - this post was from the year 2012 - a lot has changed since then.

was this not fixed on last patch, if you have key can take rather than just look?

The bugfix was not to allow keyholders to take everything from a locked vehicle, it was a bugfix allowing you to remove items that you may have inadvertently put into a locked vehicle that you had the key for but no permissions.

Have not tested in months but you could previously use the "equip" option on equipable items to remove them from a boat you don't own if you have the key.