Sign in to follow this  
Wiro

Favor Items For A Fo Priest

Hello. I was wondering, what kind of favor items would be most desirable for a Fo priest? I don't like mining and would like to avoid locks for that reason. I would much rather do Cloth Tailoring. I'm also wondering if CT (square cloth = Fo's double favor item) is better than ropemaking.

I have zero experience with Fo priests and just want to make sure I won't make an unnecessray effort grinding CT to 70 (which is 91 on the curve - I'm on Epic).

I harvest 92ql cotton or wemp.

Assuming it works like on Freedom servers, every 5c of the Get Value on an item grants 1 favor on sacrifice. The item favored by each god grants double that on sacrifice to that god.

So, if you've got a high skill and good material source for the favored Fo item, I'd say go for it.

The advantage of focusing on cordage rope is that it works the same for all priests. For someone trying to keep a variety of priests well stocked on favor or who is manufacturing items to sell to priests for sacrificing, cordage rope has the advantage of being more generic.

Well I found out how well yoyos work for Vynora priests, so if cloth works the same then I'll work on my CT next. Ropemaking is easy to do, just queue some actions and sac, cast, make some more...and so on. Yoyos and cloth are nice to prepare for lots of enchanting or casting.

square pieces of cloth work the same for Fo as yoyos for Vynora,

the best i like about them is that you can even put them in a bsb - can't do that with doorlocks or yoyos.

You may bsb ropes too, but to get to a ropemaking skill for a reliable QL is tougher than getting CT up for sure.

For sqr pieces... you first need to spindle cotton, then make sqr pieces using loom (clicking loom for every sqr piece).

That amounts to quite many times more effort compared to ropemaking. But in turn training up ropemaking is harder.

To come to your own conclusion you need to think if you can take the task to make the sqr pieces and allways have more than double amount of work to produce sac materials. Or if you can take the task to raise up ropemaking high enough to easily spam alot of cordage ropes (which you would need to make 2x more than same QL sqr pieces for same amount of Fo favor).

I so wish we would get "create->queue up" option which works with forced ground-use tools like large anvil and floor loom and thus making using small anvil(locks)/rope tool(ropes)/combined load of cotton strings(yoyos) amount to as much producing actions per context menu surfing.

For the record, how much favor does a yoyo give a vynora priest?

And if you can do cloth tailoring I'd recommend that, ropemaking is a much tougher skill to grind.

I'm a vynora priest and I will go with locks every single time.

Locks

Mine ore -> drop in lit forge -> make lock - > put in satchel.

requires mining and locksmithing

Yoyo

Plant cotton -> farm cotton -> harvest cotton -> string cloth

cut down tree -> make logs -> make shaft

use string on shaft -> make yoyo

requires farming, cloth tailoring, wood cutting, carpentry, toymaking

Square Cloth

plant cotton -> farm cotton -> harvest cotton -> string cloth -> make square

requires farming, cloth tailoring

Also

+ door locks don't decay, 60 per satchel in a large chest for storage

+ square cloth can be stored in a BSB

- yoyo is affected by decay, not sure about storage.

last point does making a yoyo still use the entire shaft?

For the record, how much favor does a yoyo give a vynora priest?

79ql yoyo gives 12.4 favor.

I like yoyos a lot better than locks. From what I noticed cordage ropes aren't as great as yoyos are...I'm at 61 ropemaking, with 93ql wemp, and 70 toymaking, with 80ql logs. Maybe I haven't spammed enough cordage ropes...can't say I'm a fan of hauling in the wemp harvest though. Heavy!

14 points to go until I hit 70 CT. I'll post my opinion of square cloth once I've made a fair amount. I soooo agree that looms are a pain to use though.

Edited by Wiro

each of the favoured sacrifice items gives a base of ql ^2 / 1000 so a 70ql item will give (70x70)/1000 or 4.9favour

You then double it for the related god so a 70ql lock will give a mag priest 9.8 favour while a 70ql yoyo will give a vynora priest 9.8 favour

For me, having an alt do the mine action and my priest make the locks is less than 2 actions per lock as each iron lump is 1 2/3 locks in size so 3 mining actions allows for 5 lock making attempts.

If I look at cloth squares, the next easiest it is 1 sow, 1 harvest for say 7 cotton at the highest level then I have to do 5 actions per cotton to make 5 strings followed by just under two make square cloths (assuming these get stored in a bsb) so its approximately 7 actions to prep 1 square.

So with less than two actions for locks compared to about 7 for cloth squares you can prepare more favour points with locks for the same effort. I've also noticed I get more consistent results with locks and I can action a pile of lump in one go so its less clicking there too.

The only issue with locksmithing is you have to go to a suitable ql iron vein.

rope seems easier to deal with.

Cordage ropes give the same favor as a square piece of cloth and I can make 3 of them in 10 seconds for 30-45 favor