Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Arched Wall Feedback Thread

I love the arched walls :) Was waiting for years till i could make the stables. Thank you for that

wurm_20120926_1653.jpg

Edited by Stinky

A lot of us use arched walls for our horse stables will we be able to plant grass in the arched wall sections so we can fix any enchanted grass that might get packed down?

Growing crops, grass etc indoors is not going to happen anytime soon!

(edit: unless there is a massive uproar... or innocent unicorns involved somehow)

Growing crops, grass etc indoors is not going to happen!

No greenhouses!? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

:D

(edit: unless there is a massive uproar... or innocent unicorns involved somehow)

How about, as a perhaps more realistic way to feed animals in barns, we get those piles of hay in? (not that I am against enchanted grass - but I don't see that happening, so maybe better to go for this) (heh... how about hay from enchanted grass, with the same traits to it ;) )

You can already make enchanted grass inside buildings, right?

You can already make enchanted grass inside buildings, right?

Yes if you enchant the grass before you place the building. I just recently got my enchanted grass going but i was worried about the horses packing it down once everything is in place. The only way you would even have of fixing it is to tear down the building fix it then rebuild. I am not sure if the enchanted grass would even get packed in the building but was something i was thinking when i was building my first stable.

Edited by Kegan

the real question is are you going to be able to build a two story house, without floors on the 2nd floor so you can have a high ceiling barn?

the real question is are you going to be able to build a two story house, without floors on the 2nd floor so you can have a high ceiling barn?

Yes. (Zcul wrote that in one of these threads)

We could be able to build something like mangers and fill it with hay, grass or any other kind of fodder to feed animals inside buildings.

My house has 3 arched walls on the exterior but they are separated from the living space by interior double doors and I'm still unable to sleep in a bed. Is there plan to fix this?

We could be able to build something like mangers and fill it with hay, grass or any other kind of fodder to feed animals inside buildings.

I was thinking on something like this the other day, i do know you can keep a pig alive with dropping food in a house. (i did it when i was leveling my taming a while back) I am not sure if a horse could be kept this way or not but i would say it could. Take an old horse and test it out but having the right wall section to go with it would be nice to have.

Was not sure the best place to put this but i would like to see some kind of iron fence gate and railing put in as a wall type with the arched wall options. The gate would fit well for making gatehouses and the railing for balconies, ignore my great skill with paint but it is enough to get the point across,..

jFXTm.jpg

Edit: Another good idea is an arched double door instead of just the square ones.

Edited by Kegan

needs more portcullis

portcullis.jpg

Yea that is what i am looking for but i need it to close and lock :)

Edited by Kegan

It could be made quite simply to start: just take the iron fence and gate sections and put them between the stone arches and do the same with the wooden fences for the wooden arches.

Was not sure the best place to put this but i would like to see some kind of iron fence gate and railing put in as a wall type with the arched wall options. The gate would fit well for making gatehouses and the railing for balconies, ignore my great skill with paint but it is enough to get the point across,..

jFXTm.jpg

Edit: Another good idea is an arched double door instead of just the square ones.

This is epic!

Not sure if this has happened to others because reading 6 pages of text doesn't really appeal to me, but we built a verandah type thing as part of the outer wall and when we realised we couldn't sleep in our beds, we knocked it down and filled it in with normal walls/windows.

Now every time we walk near the walls that were re-done, we hear the door opening sound (even though there are no doors), and if we walk into the wall we kinda go through it for a second, then get stuck in it, then get pushed back out the way we went through.

Edited by nikkunikku

My house has 3 arched walls on the exterior but they are separated from the living space by interior double doors and I'm still unable to sleep in a bed. Is there plan to fix this?

Having same issue. Hope it gets looked into at some point.

Ok after a short but sweet debate (and the possibility of world peace) I've made the beds work properly regardless of how many arched walls you have in your house. If the walls are completed and the house is finished then the bed should work (after next live patch).

Like previous pointed out the pathing issues with arched walls are being looked at as part of the massive multistory changes going on.

Woot!

Now I am going to put in arched walls in my bunkhouse.

Please do not change it back x.x

We won't

Shouldn't ever change.

It is a permanent change to how beds work.

... one page back :P

Edited by Kianga

Yeah, but there has been some time and a server reset since then, still hasn't happened yet.

Test on the test server. Not sure the live servers has been patched yet.

Arched walls look great, I was gone for a few months, come back and a bunch of new additions to Wurm. Arched walls is one of my favorites. Keep up the good work adding new things :D

I have a monster dodge attached to my fence...locked double door to the outside....one arched wall to the inside...other walls have no doors....locked door will not keep intruders out.

I just used an alt to test a 3 arch gate house, with the locked double doors facing out and the 3 arches on the inside.

The alt was unable to enter. This on Indy server.

Cheers! Hugh