Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Arched Wall Feedback Thread

Using a building with arched walls as a gate house is pointless. Even though the only door (the 'gate' door) has a lock applied you can't lock it because the code evident'y recognizes archs as doors. So you get the message that not all doors have locks even though the one and only door does have a lock. Would be great to fix that so you can lock that one and only door.

Arched walls adjacent to doors or fence gates have a little glitch, a fix will be in the next patch (according to Zcul).

Doors on buildings with arched walls that are not adjacent still work as intended.

Even though the only door (the 'gate' door) has a lock applied you can't lock it because the code evident'y recognizes archs as doors. So you get the message that not all doors have locks even though the one and only door does have a lock.

Being fixed : bugfix du jour: arched wall should not prevent you from locking a house.

From https://twitter.com/Zcul/status/232401198928502786

Does anyone know if a house with an external arch wall, but solid internal walls is still 'too windy' to sleep in?

Does anyone know if a house with an external arch wall, but solid internal walls is still 'too windy' to sleep in?

Currently yes. I think Zcul might plan to change that with the Multi-story update.

It was confirmed by a few individuals archery does not work when standing inside a building attempting to fire out of an archwall.

Is this intentional?

Well the good thing about that is you can't get shot while standing inside a building either.

It is the same for windows too, but I think you can shoot over low walls and fences.

I noticed that the normal Wooden Wall texture and the Arched aren't evenly distributed, the Arched's planks are noticeably wider.

Also, the top trim piece on the Wooden Wall model and Arched don't match, here's the picture:

wurm201208020318.png

Is that the back of the arch and front of the walls?

There is no back or front, both sides look the same.

The game doesn't even bother to check which side is which, it simply aligns all walls north to south and west to east.

+1 for beeing able to plant flowers/grass into a house with arched walls as outer walls, as I think the most used thing with arched walls will be stables. For now you could (if u can enchant grass) plant grass, enchant it and built the house above it, but imo you should be able to plant grass into a house with arched walls. Maybe the grass could disappear in like a day or two, but then you could enchant it. Would make the Arched-walls-stables even more amazing (:

Is that the back of the arch and front of the walls?

Yeah, there are no sides, they are symmetrical, looks like that on both.

How long are we looking at before this patch is applied?

I noticed today that at a distance (20+ tiles away) the arched stone walls change to the appearance (image) of a normal wooden wall. Once you get less than 20 tiles from the wall, the image changes back to the actual stone arched wall. Maybe the graphic for distance view should be set to be a lower res image of the arched wall instead of a flat wooden wall.

Edited by Nsu

Please fix this pathing bug where horses go through walls when arched walls are used as outer walls.

Please fix this pathing bug where horses go through walls when arched walls are used as outer walls.

I dont think its a bug and was made for outside stable type buildings in the first place.

It's a bug...zcul has already stated that it is (see zcul's posts on the first page of this topic).

Edited by Nsu

It's a bug...zcul has already stated that it is (see zcul's posts on the first page of this topic).

oh I see they go through the door.....gotcha.

oh I see they go through the door.....gotcha.

and solid walls, and attached fences. Using arches on the inside or outside or a building turn the entire building to a no collision nightmare for animals.

can you make it less bricks to make? 20bricks seems over the top for an arched wall compared to the same amount for a standard wall

Because they count as a completed house for enclousure rules. I don't think that they will reduce the brick morter count. Don't want to make it take less time to stake out/claim undeeded property.

• Like 1

Because they count as a completed house for enclousure rules. I don't think that they will reduce the brick morter count. Don't want to make it take less time to stake out/claim undeeded property.

I agree... regardless of what the wall type is it should take the same amount.

I really love the stone archways they look spectacular.

I am bummed that having outside arches with solid interior does not let you sleep in beds, so I am hoping the update that allows you to sleep in beds with solid interior comes sooner rather than later!

Not a big fan of the look of the wooden arches, because it looks like someone took a solid wall and used a jigsaw to rough cut an arch/shaped hole in it. Wish there was some decorative trim along the edge or something to make it look more 'finished'.like the stone arches

• Like 1

This is my same problem.

Ok making arched walls block animals as a temporary fix for collision problems with locked houses and arched walls.

Also regarding sleeping, you should be able to have arched walls as indoor walls and still be able to sleep in beds.

Ok making arched walls block animals as a temporary fix for collision problems with locked houses and arched walls.

sad, and now they are dead to me.

I hope I will be able to have a living-house (so including bed) with an outside porch or verandah in not too far future. But for now good luck with fixing the arched walls and collision-problems, so we can have walk-through-arches and non-walk-through-walls on our stables.

• Like 1

Also regarding sleeping, you should be able to have arched walls as indoor walls and still be able to sleep in beds.

So does that mean that the colission thing with an arched wall works like a normal wall, so that animals cant pass arched walls?