Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Arched Wall Feedback Thread

Sofar two known bugs have been reported to me:

1. Adding arched wall as indoor wall makes the bed not working anymore

Fixed for next release

2. Pathing bug with a 1x1 as gatehouse with door facing animal pen and other 3 walls arched walls. The animals walk through a door as if it were an arched way.

Does this only happen with a 1x1 house or have more villagers experienced this?

best regards

@zcul

Thankyou for the bed fix, Hopefully I shall get a good nights sleep soon, this 1x1 for a bed room is getting to be a jail cell :lol:

2. Pathing bug with a 1x1 as gatehouse with door facing animal pen and other 3 walls arched walls. The animals walk through a door as if it were an arched way.

Does this only happen with a 1x1 house or have more villagers experienced this?

Happens in larger setups as well, doors and fence gates adjacent to arched walls get passed by animals.

They target through those doors and fence gates too and follow.

This only seems to happen if the connection is on the west side of a tile.

sUHJTl.jpg

Solid rear and side walls, window in the middle, solid iron fences and gates, horses have been escaping today, other than that and sleeping in finished buildings with them built inside, they look great.

I had solid rear and solid left wall connecting to a fence and my fowls kept getting out. Arched wall was facing inward into the fenced area. No right wall.

GM Barash, had a look and asked me to post.

I'm guessing when a house has a arched wall animals path through it regardless of which wall?

First Zcul... I just want to say again... THANK YOU for adding this. This one thing gives so many different options for flavor in how things are built I cant count them... and its just beautiful work from the art team as well.

An idea that I dont think would be too hard to implement... but arches with an iron fence built into them... so the top 1/2 of the arch is still wide open... bottom half is bars like the iron fences. Be another type of unique "window" of sorts.... be kinda sexy I think.

Arched walls should take half the materials of normal wall types.

• Like 6

I like how you can hide lamps inside the walls, but still get to them (no-clip). Gives a hidden lighting effect.

please make so you can plant grass in them, would looks so nice and you can do crops already.

• Like 1

I like how you can hide lamps inside the walls, but still get to them (no-clip). Gives a hidden lighting effect.

Wait what?

The arches hide the lamps?

Edited by ReaverKane

3x1 house with window/double door/window on one side - and all the rest arches - deers going through

I did the same thing with a lamp in the fountain in my house, give a real nice look.

I did the same thing with a lamp in the fountain in my house, give a real nice look.

Yeah with fountains i have been doing this since i played in GV, looks great specially with blue dye on the lamp.

On-topic:

Any word about the pathing issue? I wanted to make a stable for my breeding horses now that we have arches, but until this is fixed i'll just leave them on the communal pen.

On-topic:

Any word about the pathing issue? I wanted to make a stable for my breeding horses now that we have arches, but until this is fixed i'll just leave them on the communal pen.

Zcul found the issue and the fix will be in the next patch (he said).

On-topic:

I've found the cause, but not fixed it yet.

I've found the cause, but not fixed it yet.

Thanx for the feedback! Hope you can fix it soon.

Dont say that, they will double the requirements for the other types ;p

• Like 1

Dont say that, they will double the requirements for the other types ;p

Not to mention requiring mortar for tall walls and other old const Eeeeerrrrrk!

didntsee.gif

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I noticed that the normal Wooden Wall texture and the Arched aren't evenly distributed, the Arched's planks are noticeably wider.

Also, the top trim piece on the Wooden Wall model and Arched don't match, here's the picture:

wurm201208020318.png

Hi, i made some arched walls inside building and noticed if 2 arched walls share a corner, its passable. I think it should be solid.

Pic:

archproblem.png

I think this is because the walls are not symmetrical.

they have one straight piece and one corner piece.

There are two corner were this system works great.

But the other two have either two corner pieces or two straight pieces.

For some reason the collision detection doesn't work quite right there.

Using a building with arched walls as a gate house is pointless. Even though the only door (the 'gate' door) has a lock applied you can't lock it because the code evident'y recognizes archs as doors. So you get the message that not all doors have locks even though the one and only door does have a lock. Would be great to fix that so you can lock that one and only door.