Sign in to follow this  
Tekari

Sprouts In Bsbs

I'd like to suggest to allow sprouts to be put into BSBs.

There's no reason why flowers fit and sprouts not.

Plus this way people who like to take care of their environment can keep a stock to quickly replant deforested areas.

• Like 2

Definite +1, would mean I could repurpose my ondeed sproutfarm for something more useful :D

Huge +1 ... Flowers, reeds etc. fit no reason sprouts should not.

The biggest benefit of all will be to future generations of new players. People are more likely to save sprouts and once they have enough, donate them to projects to repair devastated areas and renew the starter spawn areas.

So yea -- big +1 -- its actually only logical to make them work same as seeds, flowers, harvested crops, foraged herbs, branches, and every other "vegetation" in the game.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Bsb'ing has been brought up before; although, personally Id prefer a planter style of bin. Something along the the lines of potting sprouts to increase ql and repair dmg.

personally Id prefer a planter style of bin.

So maybe what we could have, is a terrarium/planter/greenhouse/thingy that makes a nice house decor and also allows us to storage sprouts and herbs. Maybe the top part can be a terrarium to display and grow herbs and the bottom some sort of tray that can slow decay on spouts by a 10X factor, maybe also require a mulching tray where we can put vegetables to rot and turn into mulch for the ... thingybobber.

.:

a bottom tray underneath holds bulk quantities of sprouts/herbs for preserving

seed_tray.jpgTerrariums-4479.jpg

and the top part acts both as a decor / display and growing of indoor herbs

Orchid-House-Terrarium-from-Terrain.jpg

bottom holds bulk sprouts/mulching:

master:CKI018.jpg?is=900,900,0xffffff

.. all of it designed a little different but I am picturing an upright wooden display cabinet type of terrarium ... very similar to the current Food Storage Bin and maybe even matching/mimicking the design, but with cutout interior in the top part.

and if all that is too complicated -- then just let us BSB them for now :P

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

maby make sprouts plantebale in a jar there they will inceress the ql over time? and repair dmg?

Yeah the idea of them being planted in jars is cool, the higher ql the jar the higer ql the sprout can increase to. Make then ql sprouts will mean higher ql trees instead of it being completely random. Therefore both pottery and forestry/gardening would be more useful. You could then have an item like a terrarium or even introduce a green house where you can place the planted sprouts.

Please.... I'm tired of using 2 alts to carry all my sprouts, I'ma have to make a third at this rate, lol.

sprouts in bsb's is KISS

Keep it simple and stupid

It would work no down side very little code

let's do it!!

I think the reason sprouts can't be bsb's right now is because of how they're named. If you'll notice, when you see a sprout in your inventory, you see 'Sprout (birchwood)' instead of 'Sprout, birchwood'. This says to me that it uses the renaming function to specify type, rather than the typical typing system that is used for other wood products, including felled trees, logs, and stumps. As we all know, renamed items loose their names when we throw them in the bsb, which in this case would remove type from the sprout, rendering it useless. So. . . change sprouts to the same type system as the rest of the wurm world, and then they should fit in bsb's with no problem.

I didn't like this Idea last time so -1 again. I also do not think flowers should be able to be placed in them either.

I think the reason sprouts can't be bsb's right now is because of how they're named. If you'll notice, when you see a sprout in your inventory, you see 'Sprout (birchwood)' instead of 'Sprout, birchwood'. This says to me that it uses the renaming function to specify type, rather than the typical typing system that is used for other wood products, including felled trees, logs, and stumps. As we all know, renamed items loose their names when we throw them in the bsb, which in this case would remove type from the sprout, rendering it useless. So. . . change sprouts to the same type system as the rest of the wurm world, and then they should fit in bsb's with no problem.

I see what you are saying, though they were able to somehow get the system to work with flowers whose "name" was not a material type so I am sure they could use the flower syste, to work for sprouts too ...?

I completely agree with the OP. +1

So. . . change sprouts to the same type system as the rest of the wurm world, and then they should fit in bsb's with no problem. Let's do it