Sign in to follow this  
Jerrywalker

Highway Rule

Perimeter isnt yours its only a buffer between deeds. Remove the perimeter and you would have an eploitable situation of side by side deeding of areas.

Can you not do that now by you and your neighbor simply fencing off your perimeters? (and with that the enclosure rule is also in question) I've never seen an area so congested with deeds that players could not simply travel between or around them, regardless of perimeter.

The issue is not perimeter though. The issue for many including myself is who gets to decide who gets to build a highway and where, why we have to request to remove even a few tiles, and even if they are on our deed, and the fact that there are simply too many highways as they are too easy to create which leads to griefing potential beyond what existed before the rule change,

Edited by Kraljtatov
  • Like 1

My understanding is that you only have to create a path around the outside of the deed to retain KOS abilities, is this correct?

My understanding is that you only have to create a path around the outside of the deed to retain KOS abilities, is this correct?

The rule is ...

C/ Building a highway through a deed obligates the village concerned to abide by the highway rules and therefore it forfeits the right to kos.

There follows one exception to this; If your deed is the terminus of a single highway, you may then position locked gates on deed across that highway providing KoS griefing rules remain adhered to.

So if there is a highway that goes through your deed, you cannot use KoS. You can request permission to remove that highway, which will probably require you to construct an alternate route, and then use KoS.

Edited by Seara

I say someone should put in a request to destroy that section of highway around Nightmare lake. Just leave the large section of it at the end of Old Carisann going East. Otherwise, Its uneeded. Myself and Sethisles (of Carisann), members from Wolf's Den and Kingsport were the ones who built it way back in Deli's hay-day. But now, that road as a highway is pointless. The traffic through there is few and far between. When we first built it, traffic in the area was abundant. Now, I cut through Wolfs Den as it is and bypass the majority of the coastal highway. Its just as easy and I think a hair quicker.

A canal to Sloppy Hollows is much more beneficial to the area. It will actually give people on Nightmare Lake a reason to own boats.

I say the easiest solution to the whole ordeal...Just revoke the Highway-ness of that small stretch of road. I know it wouldn't bother me, (Carisann) none. And I'm sure it wouldn't bother the only other really active people in the area (Wolfs Den and two small deeds aound them) either. That will make everyone happy. Wolfs Den can continue on their canal without worry, locals such as myself can have a new canal to look forward to, people traveling the area can just as easily continue on through Wolf's Den and realize its faster than the highway was anyways, and Ruger can stop wasting time stating the same rules over and over again in this thread.

Edited by delamr

seara is correct.

But, as i said earlier, as long as you have already constructed a viable alternate route around your deed that qualifies as a highway before you contact a GM, I can think of no reason that a GM would ever refuse to allow highway tiles on a deed to be removed.

I sort of find this odd that we are having this discussion now, we have had this rule in place for a long time, and approved a very large number of highway changes during that time, and have had to issue this sort of instruction a few times over the same span. We have never had anyone MAKE a highway to someone elses deed that then forced that person into a highway situation to my knowledge, so i find that particular argument somewhat odd and out of place.

The idea of a way to mark tiles as highway with a wand or the like has been discussed in the past, but the GM's and Dev's decided that that would be even more prone to abuse than the system we have now, as there would be a lot of hassle in trying to sort out the ability to modify such tiles, and how such tiles would interact with DEEDS.

Would they prevent deeds from being placed if the road owner isn't the same as the deed owner?

-If so, they could be abused very handily to block deeds with just a few strategic tile placements.

-If not, what happens to the money that a player has spent to secure that road, when a deed drops over it and removes the road anyhow?

The current rules regarding roads aren't perfect, but they work pretty well, i suspect that if the rules were changed or removed and replaced with a game mechanic, we would get the same number, (or more) of complaints and issues than we get with the current setup.

I still think the primary problem is simply the lack of road tile options. Everyone uses cobble because its quick and very easy. It even requires less material that gravel.

So people build roads with cobble to facilitate their travel from their deed to local resources / other deeds etc, without wanting that piece of road to be fully 'protected' and to have to go through a 'permissions route' to have it later changed.

If there was an extra 'highway road tile' then all the roads that were built as 'short term roads' would not be classified as highways. Highways should be better built and more durable than your average small road or lane.

Regular roads are very easily and quickly constructed and very quickly become 'protected'

People like to have wider paved areas in their deeds - but seems that if we use cobble we run the risk of falling victim to highway rules and losing KoS privileges.

With a new tile (that requires slightly more than just one brick to make) players are then stating when they make a road whether they intended to have the road as protected or not.

In the case of ReaverKane, making a public access through his deed, he could choose to use the highway tile and choose to have the 'highway protection' for it, or he could choose to use regular cobble and retain KoS and the the right to reroute it without requiring GM intervention or permission.

We don't really have any choice at the moment... there is pretty much one option cobble. (gravel is virtually invisible and looks more like a woodland path, and slabs are way too costly and cumbersome) Therefore we have no real control over the outcome of any road.

I'm not saying the 'highway tile' should be a be-all and end all.. it just allows the road builder to display the intention. By choosing to use regular cobble they are forsaking any highway protection for the road.

Well, yeah, you can't have your cake and eat it at the same time, either you get the protection of being a highway, or you get to KoS people (which is useless btw in it's current state, so i'm not sure what's the fuss is about anyway). That's the point of those rules.

No one is being punished for anything, no one is forcing you to build a highway or to make your deed part of one, it's your choice.

The point is, bdew, that I think ReaverKane wasn't building a highway.. just a regular road. But pretty much any regular road can be too easily deemed a highway.

Perimeter isnt yours its only a buffer between deeds. Remove the perimeter and you would have an eploitable situation of side by side deeding of areas.

Yes, a buffer - between your deed and the rest of the world. Why should someone else be able to build a highway right up against your deed inside this buffer zone and be able to force the deed owner to lose thier KoS privileges?

Again, if there was a new road type (requiring a bit more than just one brick) then it could simply be added, that this road type (like houses etc) cannot be built in someone else's perimeter. You can still build a regular road, but it would not force highway protection rules upon the infringed deed owner.

With permission from the deed owner, those tiles might even get laid as highway tiles, but that is then fully the deed owners decision - not someone else's.

Yes there would still be issues about highways, yes there would still need to be some GM intervention and 'appealing' and 'disputes', but a vast majority of them would be avoided by allowing the playerbase to better clarify what they build as being 'regular paths' or 'protected highways'

It could perhaps even be as simple as a 'tarred road' requiring one brick, one 1kg of tar and 20kg or rockshards (all three just get removed from inventory during paving). Obviously the highway tile on it's own has no added built-in game protection, (only the restriction that it cannot be built within deed or perimeter except by the deed owner), and it only becomes an official highway once it links up with other roads/deeds.

However, at least then we remove all the dubious classification of roads being highways - eg a single cobble path across a sandy beach, or a 2 or 3 tile cobbled area within a deed. And any regular road built to allow access can be deemed temporary, and any other player can recognise it as such because it is only cobble. They can know that this road might change or be removed at any point in the future instead of simply assuming it as a highway and that they will always have unrestricted access.

seara is correct.

But, as i said earlier, as long as you have already constructed a viable alternate route around your deed that qualifies as a highway before you contact a GM, I can think of no reason that a GM would ever refuse to allow highway tiles on a deed to be removed.

I sort of find this odd that we are having this discussion now, we have had this rule in place for a long time, and approved a very large number of highway changes during that time, and have had to issue this sort of instruction a few times over the same span. We have never had anyone MAKE a highway to someone elses deed that then forced that person into a highway situation to my knowledge, so i find that particular argument somewhat odd and out of place.

The idea of a way to mark tiles as highway with a wand or the like has been discussed in the past, but the GM's and Dev's decided that that would be even more prone to abuse than the system we have now, as there would be a lot of hassle in trying to sort out the ability to modify such tiles, and how such tiles would interact with DEEDS.

Would they prevent deeds from being placed if the road owner isn't the same as the deed owner?

-If so, they could be abused very handily to block deeds with just a few strategic tile placements.

-If not, what happens to the money that a player has spent to secure that road, when a deed drops over it and removes the road anyhow?

The current rules regarding roads aren't perfect, but they work pretty well, i suspect that if the rules were changed or removed and replaced with a game mechanic, we would get the same number, (or more) of complaints and issues than we get with the current setup.

Its only exploitable if you give that power to players, if its the GMs or akin that do the marking, i don't see how it can be exploited. I guess its just easier to make bad rules and enforce them regardless of them protecting the griefers just as well as the legit ones.

its true the rules have existed for a long time, but hey, so did slavery. If people refuse to change bad things happen. There's plenty of room, and suggestions for improvement, why not act up this?

I think way back when Highways required sanded shoulders except if was next to rock, not sure when that part of the rule went away.

• Like 2

In the case of ReaverKane, making a public access through his deed, he could choose to use the highway tile and choose to have the 'highway protection' for it, or he could choose to use regular cobble and retain KoS and the the right to reroute it without requiring GM intervention or permission.

The point is, bdew, that I think ReaverKane wasn't building a highway.. just a regular road. But pretty much any regular road can be too easily deemed a highway.

Actually either i expressed my self wrong or people failed to see my point.

I never made a highway, nor anything deemed a highway.

What i built was a regular road to a clay pit, because it was only accessible by boat, and some of my neighbors were having trouble getting some at the time, because it involved climbing with carts. So at that time i was already working on roads to a villager's off-deed house, and some other dirt moving, and i took the time to make a road to the clay pit, for public use. I still use boats since its like 10 tiles away from my old docks, so its better for me than to hitch a cart and take it there.

So a few weeks after i finished the road, i came on and i noticed there was a puddle in the road. Went to check, and someone had dug a nasty hole in it.

I asked a dev for options to prevent it, and he told me to make it a highway.

I asked him, if i would have to forfeit my right to KoS, he said, yes.

So i never did make a highway. It remains as it was after i fixed the pothole.

My point in case was, i did that road out of selflessness, for other people to use, one of the people i was helping defaced that work, and to prevent that i would have to give up on a right.

So basically what the current rule says is:

If you want to be friendly and help others on Wurm, you'll have a bad time.

Cause that's what happens. People make a highway to their deed, because it offers a service, some jerk messes around in their deed, and no, they can't do anything about it, because they chose to help the game improve, because don't kid yourself, this rule exists because without major highways the game would have a even harder time "hooking" players, and GMs know this and protect them (its a basic infrastructure after all), but instead of rewarding those that go to the trouble of doing something that theoretically would be a GM/Dev task (building infrastructures for the game) players who do so, get their rights cut of.

Interestingly enough, just like with the lamps, this affects only deed owners, and thus (some of) the people that theoretically are financing this whole operation.

the point of what i, reaverkane, and others, are trying to portray is being overlooked. Its frustrating that we keep getting the game rules tossed back at us as if we have not read them yet. All we want is the situations that we have written to be acted on and maybe help the paying customer. There is a loophole/exploit with highways and all i want to see done is to have it fixed.

But pretty much any regular road can be too easily deemed a highway.

No, there are clear distinction in the rules about what is and isn't a highway. If you don't want a highway - don't build one. If someone else wants to upgrade your unprotected road into a highway - this is not something you can (or should be able to) prevent unless you deed it or put it into an enclosure.

Again, GMs are (mostly) with allowing modifications, just put a /support request, figure out something that suits both you and the staff and do it.

Why should someone else be able to build a highway right up against your deed inside this buffer zone and be able to force the deed owner to lose thier KoS privileges?

No one can do that. A highway passing through your perimiter does not affect your KOS ability. If you choose to build something inside your deed that looks like a highway - it's your choice.

Also when you buy perimiter tiles, you only pay for the exclusive rights to construct and repair buildings on it, and possibly expand your deed over it. You do not have any rights to dictate what players do there otherwise, that's why they are cheaper.

Edited by bdew

Bdew, i love how you say its our choice to make what looks like a highway on our deed. you are missing the point of everything once again. if i want a 2 lane road and not have it be a highway on my deed i should have some protection against others building a highway to my deed. from what i gather its up to the deed owner to give into the rules of the highway or get into trouble for it.

Building a highway to someone elses deed should be considered harassment without approval of the deed owner.

Bdew, i love how you say its our choice to make what looks like a highway on our deed. you are missing the point of everything once again. if i want a 2 lane road and not have it be a highway on my deed i should have some protection against others building a highway to my deed. from what i gather its up to the deed owner to give into the rules of the highway or get into trouble for it.

Building a highway to someone elses deed should be considered harassment without approval of the deed owner.

I believe the GM's have already stated if they build a highway to your deed and it ends there. Then your deed is then the terminus of that highway. At which point your giving up no right at all. Just if you have someone on KOS make sure they have some way out. Don't lock them in.

However if they go to the other side of your deed to try to continue it to do a /support and get a GM and they will come take care of it.

Edited by Ruger

No, there are clear distinction in the rules about what is and isn't a highway. If you don't want a highway - don't build one. If someone else wants to upgrade your unprotected road into a highway - this is not something you can (or should be able to) prevent unless you deed it or put it into an enclosure.

Again, GMs are (mostly) with allowing modifications, just put a /support request, figure out something that suits both you and the staff and do it.

Sorry, but no. You are just towing the party line and entirely missing my point.

What if I don't want to build a highway but I would like a road of decent width that I can drive a cart down..i.e. 2 tiles wide. I can't. It automatically becomes a highway - unless I only use gravel which is not only ugly but doesn't have the visibility of cobble in low light.

No one can do that. A highway passing through your perimiter does not affect your KOS ability. If you choose to build something inside your deed that looks like a highway - it's your choice.

As the rules state:

"In order to set KoS on anyone the village must have a one tile allowance between the deed edge and any gate that will lock upon the village alarms being sounded. Anyone set on KoS must be allowed a clear avenue to remove themselves from that deed. Not allowing this will be considered as griefing and is illegal."

So, for instance on my deed, I have double gates. The inner ones are locked, but the outer ones are unlocked to provide safe zones in case someone needed to duck behind a fence to heal. If someone else build a 2 tile road around the edge of my actual deeded area, I would be in violation if I had KoS on. I would not have the one tile allowance.

Also when you buy perimiter tiles, you only pay for the exclusive rights to construct and repair buildings on it, and possibly expand your deed over it. You do not have any rights to dictate what players do there otherwise, that's why they are cheaper.

I know I don't have any rights to my forced perimeter, but there are restrictions for it: other players cannot plan/build structures on it. Why should they be allowed to build highways on it without your permission? Especially as that can limit your ability to expand.

Actually, as the rules currently state.

"Highways are defined as being at least 2 paved tiles wide road with or without barriers, or a single paved tile road with sand barriers."

So virtually any road, sorry.. any PAVED surface is a highway unless it is only one lane and not bordered with sand. There is no mention about if the paved area links deeds or public resources or coastal area where boats can be moored... there is no visual way to really identify whether you are permitted to alter this road or highway.

Once again bdew as you didn't appear to read my previous posts, I was suggesting:

• A new road tile type (slightly more resource expensive than cobble - or perhaps simply by adding tar and rockshards to existing cobble).
  • The purpose: to allow players a choice when they build a road - as to whether they want it to be considered protected (a highway) or not protected. Being limited to only 1 tile roads is un-necessarily restrictive - especially for deed owners. It also allows players to instantly recognise if they are allowed (or not allowed) to alter an existing road without GM permission.
  • No special coded restrictions for it (other than this particular tile cannot be paved in someone else's perimeter. This prevents other people from making highways through your perimeter, but does not prevent them from building a road through it)

I know I don't have any rights to my forced perimeter, but there are restrictions for it: other players cannot plan/build structures on it. Why should they be allowed to build highways on it without your permission?

Why shouldn't they need your permission?

Once again bdew as you didn't appear to read my previous posts, I was suggesting:

I did not read every post in this thread. My main objection is to needless changes to the rules some of you are asking for, and to people wanting to dictate what other players do in public space.

I'm not against some form of craftable (not trader-bought!) highway tile, as long as it has sane requirements and there's grandfathering of existing highways in their current status (or GM-asisted conversion into the new tiles).

bdew they need your permission to make a highway to your roads because its griefing yet not in the rules as such.

Oracle, if you come on and make a statement that the act of connecting a highway to an unwilling deed is griefing i think that would help out.

Why shouldn't they need your permission?

I did not read every post in this thread. My main objection is to needless changes to the rules some of you are asking for, and to people wanting to dictate what other players do in public space.

I'm not against some form of craftable (not trader-bought!) highway tile, as long as it has sane requirements and there's grandfathering of existing highways in their current status (or GM-asisted conversion into the new tiles).

Perimeter is not what I would call 'public space'. It is a forced buffer zone. What happens in perimeter is already limited in some ways. If it was truly 'public space' you would be able to plan a house in it. Why should I be allowed to build a highway through your perimeter without any permission, that you then need permission for to alter.

If anyone built a two tile road through my perimeter (which automatically then becomes a protected highway) without asking me, I would definitely consider that griefing.

I do however agree, that grandfathering would need to be possible for the existing genuine highways - not just all the 2-tile wide roads.

Im lmbo at this entire thread. Why? Because I have gotten into so many fights over highway when I played its not funny. One has even been made public on the forums, most will remember the situation over at Rivendell where I had won that case.

I think the rule is perfectly fine and I am going to share a few stories with you guys and I hope you guys understand the rule and how its works then.

Story #1 - The checkered highway and Northwood

Long ago when Deliverance was first being settled I was one the Elders at New Ultimarus. Ascorbic had owned New Vegas and we had the checkered highway between out deeds and it was thought to be a good idea to take it as far east as we could. I believe it ends at carisann to this day.

During the course of building it I occasionally went out there to help him and would mediate with the local mayors to help him run it through and their was this one deed. Northwood. He already had a 2 tile road running through the middle of his deed so we thought it would be okay to connect to it, go to the other side the deed and continue it on. Boy were we mistaken. That mayor logged on and filed a support ticket. Enki came out while me and Ascorbic where there. He asked the mayor several questions mainly being why he didn't want it and such. He didn't fight with the guy, just asked why? Then he turned to us and said pretty much, guys, Mr Mayor(long forgot his name) doesn't want it. Let me see if I can't help you guys come up with a new way. So he showed us how we could route it around the guys deed using the least amount of effort and even offered to come out on his own player account and help us with it. We were happy we could move on and mayor was happy his deed road was not part of the highway.

Points in the story:

1. Mayor saw we had made a highway up to his road trying to make his deed part of highway. He immediately filed a GM report.

2. GM responded, spoke with mayor, made us re-route highway.

3. One could say "GM is to enforce the rules not make them". Well your right but also the GM deemed that by us doing that to the guy it was kind of harassment and told us to move it. If we didn't he would take it as greifing.

The rule on griefing.

Griefing

Griefing is any harassment such as, defamation of character (insulting their race, gender, creed, nationality or sexuality), continuous use of unfavorable emotes, or failure to abide to a GM instruction.

Now it says "harassment such as" but not "limited to". So don't take those few things right their as the only forms of harassment in this game. Also failure to abide to a GM instruction. GM could tell you to jump. If you don't jump then your subject to penalty. Of course you'd appeal it to oracle because wurmanians, can't jump.

Now Story #2 - The Rivendell situation

We wanted a highway between our deed and an allies deed, that was it. This highway went no where else. Now if you notice the rules state that you can fence it in. So, I fenced it in to protect us as we traveled and we put a gate at each end. Well we had a griefer player over there, so we were making his life miserable and we KoS'd him on both ends of this highway. We were able to do this because each deed was the terminus of said highway. All we had to do was leave him room to get off. The guy had plenty of room to get off our deed. If he wanted to leave his, he had to cross the KoS'd deeds or he had to go around the mountain where there was no road. The highway we fenced off lead no where, it was just an inconvenience to him because, well the highway was fenced in(the rules allow it) so that forced him to either, go on the deeds he was kos'd to get onto that highway or to go around the mountain. GM's (I say that plural cause in total 4 were called out) were called out and we were right and we were fine.

Points of this story:

-If your deed is the terminus, you can kos people. You don't fall under the rules. You only fall under the KoS rules which ALL DEEDS HIGHWAY OR NOT fall under.

KOS, All Freedom servers:

It's the right of any mayor to kos anyone as they see fit, except for any deed covering a highway. In such cases the village waives any right to Kos anyone.

In order to set KoS on anyone the village must have a one tile allowance between the deed edge and any gate that will lock upon the village alarms being sounded. Anyone set on KoS must be allowed a clear avenue to remove themselves from that deed. Not allowing this will be considered as griefing and is illegal.

-If you have a problem just know the rules file a /support and speak with a gm. They're not dumb, they know the rules(if they forget it just remind them a judge doesn't have every law memorized, no ones perfect).

Now I know y'all know the rule but allow me to go through it word for word.

Highways.

A/ It is illegal to block, terraform, alter or destroy any highways.( Application to conduct any of these activities may be sent to GM for approval)

B/ If you have or choose to place a deed over a highway, you are still required to follow part A, and leave the highway clear, passable and Kos free.

C/ Building a highway through a deed obligates the village concerned to abide by the highway rules and therefore it forfeits the right to kos.

Highways are defined as being at least 2 paved tiles wide road with or without barriers, or a single paved tile road with sand barriers.

There follows one exception to this; If your deed is the terminus of a single highway, you may then position locked gates on deed across that highway providing KoS griefing rules remain adhered to.

A. Pretty simple. Contact a GM for approval to do anything to an existing highway.

B. Again simple.

C. Only the town people can build a highway through a deed unless the settings are set by the mayor to allow non-citizens to do so.

Ending statement: Simply tells us what is a highway and about the terminus.

So if your little 2 tile road is only in your deed, Is it a highway? Come on guys, do we really need to ask and answer that? No its not. It goes nowhere except from one end of your deed to the other end of your deed. If Jimmy comes up and tries to make it go somewhere, what do you do guys? Call a gm. The gm will 9/10 (I haven't heard where they haven't but I leave 1/10 for that chance) make the person move it.

Conclusion of this post.

The rule is fine. I think as others have stated you guys are over analyzing, thinking, reading to far into, and every other way its been put, into the rule.

If someone builds a highway to your little 2 tile road in your deed. Report it, call a GM. They will talk with you about it, then if the builder isn't saying "hey i did it" then they can examine the tile and see who placed it and contact that player. They will either have them move the highway or allow you to remove it from connecting to you.

If someone builds a highway and they clearly built it, which from jerrys post's sounds like he did and I was around when it was built, for community purpose then yes. It is protected by highway rules and yes if you want to make a canal on it, then yes you should have to provide an alternate route for the players. Its only fair.

Late Edit: Tinkererer they shouldn't have to ask to build a road through your perimeter. Its the wild. Its not yours. The only reason they can't build a structure on it is because they don't want people to build homesteads on peoples perimeters. Sure they can build a fenced in area but if it doesn't fall under enclosure rules and you don't like it, bash it down. The perimeter is not your area. Period.

Another Edit:

P.S. Oracle, Enki and all other GM's. I love you and I miss our fights over the rules. To all the other players, these guys really are fair, they know the rules, their not mean warmongers who are here to eat your babies and make your life miserable.

Edit to the third degree: You guys should really get the people that make the maps, to highlight roads that are highways and roads that aren't highways. We all know that their are some roads on the map that just aren't highways.

Edit to the fourth degree: Oracle I think the people are just asking you to edit the rule and put in their that it is considered griefing to build a highway to someones "two tiles road" and from their "two tile road" on their deed which forces them into it the highway rules. Also to put in the rules that two tile roads on a deed are not considered a highway unless the lead to and from that deed.

Edited by tintin
  • Like 1

Perimeter is not what I would call 'public space'. It is a forced buffer zone. What happens in perimeter is already limited in some ways.

For all intents and purposes outside building and repairing houses and planting deeds - it is public space.

If anyone built a two tile road through my perimeter (which automatically then becomes a protected highway) without asking me, I would definitely consider that griefing.

There isn't and shouldn't be any rules against building roads on perimiters, it's one of the reasons perimiters exist in the first place.

I do however agree, that grandfathering would need to be possible for the existing genuine highways - not just all the 2-tile wide roads.

-1, every road that is currently considered a highway, should stay a highway, unless a GM rules otherwise.

Most of the problems may be avoided if there would be a separated tile type can be used for highways (no slab or cobblestone).

Hi,

Wonder how many people are capable of defining a highway rule that will satisfy everyone ?

Rules will rarely satisfy everyone, per definition. If they wouldn't stop anybody from doing something, no rule would be required ...

We dont like rules, so it would be fantastic if everyone agrees we should remove this rule.

I always wondered why we need this detailed and complicated rules for highways. It could be done much more easy. Try this:

§1.) Definition: A "Highway" is a main road approved and marked by the GM team. Of such "Highways" only 4 can exist on any server, leading quite straight N, W, S and E from the starter deed. These "Highways" are created after the opening of a new server, via GM observed community events.

§2.) Highway rules: It is forbidden to alter the highway, including it's shoulder tiles, in any way. It is forbidden to lay down a deed or a perimeter onto the highway, including it's shoulder tiles. Both can be allowed by a GM, in special cases.

Failing to obey this rule in a malicious way will result in a 1-week ban at least, or in the removal of the offending deed, without any refund. Should you violate this rule incidentally and cannot undo this yourself in the very moment, call a GM to report & for help, immediately, to prove to be benevolent & to prevent being sanctioned.

Bingo. Clear, simple, without ambiguity. Any other road will just follow the Code of Conduct.

For the marking of the highways a special GM only tile (as suggested) could be used, or, better IMHO, an "Eternal Light Token [GM only]" (ELT) any ~20 tiles (that had to be invented, and should be colored differently than the Mag priest ones).

Naming these ELT's after the road (i.e. "Northern highway 2350m") would be an additional help of orientation for unexperienced players.

Have fun!

• Like 1

Edit to the fourth degree: Oracle I think the people are just asking you to edit the rule and put in their that it is considered griefing to build a highway to someones "two tiles road" and from their "two tile road" on their deed which forces them into it the highway rules. Also to put in the rules that two tile roads on a deed are not considered a highway unless the lead to and from that deed.

We will discuss this for possibe rule amendment.

Thanks