Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Enchanted Flowers

As the title states:

Level 7 love path person can use their daily enchant to enchant a flower(in their inventory).

This flower then has a 50% chance to become an "enchanted flower", then when planted it will turn into enchanted grass.

I'm thinking this should be premium only.

Pros: Easy way to sell enchanted grass.

Cons: You have a 50% chance to just waste your enchant, and then you may fail planting the flower as well.

Prem only?

• Like 1

Deployable enchanted grass, I guess I could see the use of this... until one guy who has been sitting there for months hoarding them sells 100+ tiles and breaks the value of them :P

I like it. Also link you offered a way to balance this as well. Perhaps chance of successful plant is based off skill as well.

+1 I'd be happy to even just make it so you can enchant planted ones, lost all my pink flowers to stinky oleander bushes and snow :(

-1 would kill the price of enchanted grass.

why would it? the cooldown is still there... it doesnt take any more or less time all it means is someone might not have to spend a week living with you to do a few patches of enchanted grass...

Only players with the skill to make enchanted grass should be able to place it.

+1 I'd be happy to even just make it so you can enchant planted ones, lost all my pink flowers to stinky oleander bushes and snow :(

Yeah, I really wish there was a way to protect flower tiles from trees and bushes, but thats a whole other suggestion I guess.

I like the OP's suggestion, +1.

Hi,

Yeah, I really wish there was a way to protect flower tiles from trees and bushes

^^ This.

So:

• Level 7 love path person can use their daily enchant to enchant a flower(in their inventory).
    This flower then has a 50% chance to become an "enchanted flower", then when planted it will turn into enchanted grass.
  • Additionally: If you enchant an existent tile of flowers, it will not change to simple "enchanted grass", it will become "Enchanted [name] flowers", maybe a bit more dense flowers to distinguish, but not prone to get destroyed by stray bushes anymore.

Losing a tile of "white dotted flowers" at your altar just because a stinking lavender decided to grow there is a pain ...

Have fun!

Only players with the skill to make enchanted grass should be able to place it.

So we shouldn't be able to sell it? That makes just as much sense.

Thanks Xandra, didn't even think of that :)

Tony, it would not kill the enchanted grass price... (until someone decided to sell their stash really cheap).

You'd only be able to make half as many enchanted flowers as you would be able to make enchanted grass. Hence, the people who aren't too lazy to travel will still make more(most likely more than twice as much), then the person who just sells off the enchanted flowers he makes sitting at his deed.

So we shouldn't be able to sell it? That makes just as much sense.

Thanks Xandra, didn't even think of that :)

Tony, it would not kill the enchanted grass price... (until someone decided to sell their stash really cheap).

You'd only be able to make half as many enchanted flowers as you would be able to make enchanted grass. Hence, the people who aren't too lazy to travel will still make more(most likely more than twice as much), then the person who just sells off the enchanted flowers he makes sitting at his deed.

Edited by Protunia

This isn't at all like what you're saying... how does planting enchanted flowers=blank enchant that you choose what it is?

This isn't at all like what you're saying... how does planting enchanted flowers=blank enchant that you choose what it is?

No you should not be able to sell it like that. Otherwise why not just make all enchants the same way for all priests??

That way everyone including priests can just cast on some blank enchant holder for someone else to place on what ever they want....

I don't care how you try to spin this one it should never happen.

You're the one spinning things around lol.

You're the one spinning things around lol.

Actually no I am not....in essence this is just like taking the mailbox enchant slapping it on the same flower or what ever item and letting someone who does not have the skill or power place the enchant on a mailbox.

Protunialogic. Unlike Wurm logic that can be studied and somewhat understood, protunialogic remains forever a mystery to everyone but Protunia.

Anyway, I feel that it should be more easy to "protect" flower tiles from being overgrown by bushes and trees than restricted to a meditation abilility. Still, I think the original suggestion is a good idea.

i can understand protunia's point of view - it's essentially like a magic scroll priests can make and sell to people to use at will.

I have no knowledge of the priestly arts in wurm, but actually I think that would be a good thing :)

+1 to the OP, though I would personally never use it since I prefer to use crops for everything ^_^

No you should not be able to sell it like that. Otherwise why not just make all enchants the same way for all priests??

That way everyone including priests can just cast on some blank enchant holder for someone else to place on what ever they want....

I don't care how you try to spin this one it should never happen.

But... wait, bit confused...

The only thing one would get from buying one of these flowers... is planting enchanted grass on a tile. It wouldn't allow them to enchant an existing tile or anything else at all.

It seems, to me, more like when a priest enchants a sword and sells that sword through a merchant. I benefit from the enchant every time I use the sword, but I'm not casting any enchants at all. This wouldn't be the same as buying a mailbox enchant but rather seems more like buying an enchanted mailbox without requiring the priest to physically travel to my location.

If there is concern over price deflation, and people want to make sure they can keep making their coin by travelling somewhere to say abracadabra, you could include a chance of failure when planting. Essentially, I would be paying less buying an enchanted grass seed from a vendor while possibly risking losing that money. Or, I can pay more and have a priest come by to ensure I don't lose my money. I'm not at all saying this is how it should be, and frankly I don't see myself paying for abracadabra unless it's a friend of mine... but just offering up a thought as to potential compromise/solutionization.

i can understand protunia's point of view - it's essentially like a magic scroll priests can make and sell to people to use at will.

I have no knowledge of the priestly arts in wurm, but actually I think that would be a good thing :)

+1 to the OP, though I would personally never use it since I prefer to use crops for everything ^_^

You could actually use the new papyrus sheets to make scrolls for all magic users to fill with spells if we want to go down this road. ;) things like QL of the papyrus could determine how powerful the spell could be and how much chance it has to fail....anyhow thats another subject.

Edited by Protunia

Actually no I am not....in essence this is just like taking the mailbox enchant slapping it on the same flower or what ever item and letting someone who does not have the skill or power place the enchant on a mailbox.

You're making me dizzy!

Since when does enchanted grass have anything in common with priests?

To me it sounds some are mixing different things here...

I like the idea, plant 'enchanted' flower on a dirt tile to get enchanted grass. not a bad idea at all as you still can't enchant trees and bushes that way.

You could apply the same system to enchant sapplings.