Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Beverage Discussion & Ideas (More/different Wines)

I have seen through out several threads ideas for more beverages and such but I haven't seen a thread actually bring them all together and create discussion on them in particular. So here it is.

Currently wine is produced with grape juice + sap. Benefit is increased body str and stamina gains. See table below for my list of ideas for new beverage mixes and benefits for each beverage and juice.

ylf3i.png

Please note that I stated the skill increase was for a short duration of time.

I know nothing about Java coding, I do iPhone(Objective-C) but if I already have the code for grape production in my application and I wanted to add more like this its just a copy past several times of the grape production code and a change of name to each one and the change in skill and a click of the save button. Then wall-ah all done.

Please discuss and lets try to get some cool new beverages added to the game and some use for these other juices!

Respectfully,

Ruger

Edit: It might be fun if players weren't told what skill is increased and we were left to find out.

Also a point from below I think should be noted in this opening post:

-Grape wine is already implemented in PvP giving them bonus in body str if enough consumed which as I understand it body str increases damage done per hit.

Ideas from players

Possible negative side-affects from drinking too much!

-Chance of decrease in skill instead of increase

-Blurry tunnel vision similar to the red mist when dying

-You randomly fall over (I assume like you fall over if you were drunk!)

-Increased failure rate for actions

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

+1 for PvE ONLY, -1 for PvP.

It should be noted:

Grape wine is already implemented in PvP giving them bonus in body str if enough consumed which as I understand it body str increases damage done per hit.

good post, you should consider some negative drawbacks also for balancing. Drinking alot of apple juice can't be all that good, can it?

Your absolutely right Zcul!

So how bout instead of it giving you a guaranteed increase in skill, how bout it be random either an increase or a decrease. You can ether be a "good drunk" or a "bad drunk".

The game needs Beer. I say no more... oh and let us distill wine to make brandy and distill beer to make whiskey too... and vodka from potatoes :D

good post, you should consider some negative drawbacks also for balancing. Drinking alot of apple juice can't be all that good, can it?

If we say the above benefits last 5 minutes drinking more than 3 per hour will result in:

Sugar Rush - Increased Stamina usage for 5 minutes with incremental penalties if drinking more within the hour.

Example: Sugarlova drinks 3 cherry wines at 5 min intervals resulting in 15 minutes of overall Stamina Increase + random skill boost, thier 4th drink on the 15 minute timer results in another 5 min boost but is followed by 5 minutes of sugar rush on all actions, if they drink another on the 25th minute, they are given another 5 mins boost followed by 10 mins of sugar rush on all actions and so on.

(to note: while each effect is active they are unable to drink any more juices/wines)

Edited by York

You collapse, stamina doesn't recover at all. :D

Blurry tunnel vision effect, similar to the red mist when dying.

Updated Opening post with current negative suggestions.

If we say the above benefits last 5 minutes drinking more than 3 per hour will result in:

Sugar Rush - Increased Stamina usage for 5 minutes with incremental penalties if drinking more within the hour.

Example: Sugarlova drinks 3 cherry wines at 5 min intervals resulting in 15 minutes of overall Stamina Increase + random skill boost, thier 4th drink on the 15 minute timer results in another 5 min boost but is followed by 5 minutes of sugar rush on all actions, if they drink another on the 25th minute, they are given another 5 mins boost followed by 10 mins of sugar rush on all actions and so on.

(to note: while each effect is active they are unable to drink any more juices/wines)

And how much would you say 1 drink equals to? How much weight?

How about a decrease in the stamina regeneration speed instead of an increased stamina usage? That wouldn't lead to side-effects like longer timers on every action after the first (and timer length affects skill gain (longer timer is more skill gained for the action), right?).

Edited by Ecrir

How about increased fail rates for actions when under a drunken effect?

What we need LESS of is fail rates in wurm imho. Why would someone buy wine or beverages to get more fails?

Speaking of beverages, questions I have.

What actually makes Tea on wurm (wiki is down now)? The Camellia bush leaves and water?

Does tea give a temporary stamina boost?

What are some general prices for:

Maple SAP (I've seen a price of 50 iron for 1kg I think elsewhere on the forum) Not much considering how many maple trees it takes to get a fair amount of sap. 300 maples would only be worth 1.5 silver every 6 weeks in only sap product. I'm closing in on having 300 maples and hope to plant more...maybe, if it is profitable to do so.

Maple SYRUP

Strawberries

Grapes

Maple sprouts

Grape sprouts

Camellia sprouts if indeed those do make tea.

Is lemonade beneficial? Can it be sold? How much for?

Thrundar. Located on Celebrations NE coast near Golden Maple View and on Exodus, east of Esert a tad.

Not on map yet.

I think you should be able to make both wine and ade/aid from any sort of fruit.

Lemonade should be easier to make with low skill.

If you want to add special effects to the individual ones and prevent transformation by mixing you should add fruit juice, fruit aid and fruit wine for the mixed stuff.

The amount of mapple trees you need to get enough sap is maybe a bit too high.

I like the idea of broadening the beverages.

Liqours made form a variety of sweet fruits (cherries, strawberries, blueberries) and maple syrup

Cider from apples and maple syrup

Lingonberry wine from lingonberries (please allow us to make juice with these) and maple syrup

Beer made with barley and maple syrup

As for the effects, it could give a tiny temporay decrease in stamina use and as a drawback, if you drink too much you get blurry tunnelvision as suggested above :)

I love it, huge +1

Souldnt Apple wine be Cider?

Dont forget Grape wine is red or white depending on grape type

One is already somewhat limited on intake by the thirst bar. Perhaps require a certain amount to be drunk before affects kick in.

Other means of balance can be added as well, such as the drunken state of drinking too much wine.

The limit isn't that severe, you always drink one gulp with each action, even if you are full.

Nay rather the amount of your thirst bar acts as the limit. Such as one had to be at least 50% thirsty before the beverage kicks in.

Bumping this do to the nerf to beverage skill with oil and lamps. We beverage makers need something else to make except wine once in a blue moon since oil is no longer needed....