Sign in to follow this  
cooutlaw119

Domestic Cats

hey I was just thinking their are wild cats that you can tame in wurm and you can get a dog but how about a domestic cat pair even if they start as kittins. Why not allow players to chose between a pair of cats or kittins and a pair of dogs. They shoulden't be related I think it would be easy to code in domestic cats even goats would be cool if you could find the goats in the wild. This pair of cats or pair of dogs could be a gift for the summer this year and by pair I mean a male and a female so you can breed the domestic cats. Could be feed meat or fish like the wild ones the main reason I request this is because wild cats are agro almost all the time making it hard to tame them I still think it would be a easy thing to code in to the game. Please add domestic cats and give them or the dogs players choice to the players as a gift thank you for your time.

Edited by cooutlaw119

Is punctuation completely out of fashion? oO

BTT... since cats are never really domestic like dogs are plus taming wild cats is pretty easy I don't see your point.

This might of course be just me having a hard time reading your 6-line sentence.

So -1... much more pressing matters to spend development time on.

• Like 1

work on your stamina and wear some decent armour ... wild cats arent all that hard to tame :D and dogs... i think my first attempt at taming with one piece of meat and i got that

gear up buddy you can get your cats

the thing is a wild cat you have to tame all the time it wouldn't take much codeing or design and it would be a easy gift to give to players. So why would it make sence to not make them in a few days it is a easy job. wild cats take a lot of meat to tame for a low lvl player in taming to have a pet. so if you could do it it would be a way to take a break from hard codeing and make somthing simple please do this developers.

u can tame dogs at very low skill. If you want a cat instead, u gotta raise your skill. Adding a domestic animal that serves no purpose, and giving it as a "gift" to all players just so you can have one without grinding a skill a little bit, is not a useful application of developer time imo.

It would be cool if wild cats turned blue (instead of red) after being tamed several times.. :P

I think cooutlaw is looking for a wee small cat that wont bite his face off. Like a smaller no agro version of the curent cat model shuld do it.

Tekari has a point that there are more important things.

yes I know their are other things I just want a cat that will stay tame

u can tame dogs at very low skill. If you want a cat instead, u gotta raise your skill. Adding a domestic animal that serves no purpose, and giving it as a "gift" to all players just so you can have one without grinding a skill a little bit, is not a useful application of developer time imo.

While it might not be the best use of developer time, a lot of games make a killing selling ingame pets and mounts.

yes I know their are other things I just want a cat that will stay tame

So tame it once a day? Weak creatures stay tame for a long time.

• Like 1

the thing is a wild cat can be tamed but will never stay that way you have to constently tame it

ahem.. a creature not getting attention of a human becomes wild again one day even in RL

maybe you understand taming a little different, it's not that you train your pet to do tricks by taming.

as MrGary said: tame it once a day and its all fine.

Problem with the games big cats is when they go untame they attack.

Make like dogs . Dogs dont stay tamed either. but they are non agro so do not attack when they go untamed.

This would NOT work well as a change to current big cats. Only would work as a new small cat mob.

Ofcourse you could just go get a dog. Dogs are better than cats anyway. :)

It would be great if pets had more functionality; though, bodyguard, mount, and hauler are pretty handy roles. A few examples off the top of my head are as follows:

Tamed cats to hunt vermin (Dwarf Fortress... omg its soooo fuzzy wuzzzy!!! Cataplosion); though, we need more active vermin going after decaying items.

Animals with particularly keen senses used in tracking, guarding, and hunting.

Actual flying birds to carry messages, hunt, etc

Edited by Klaa

Actually I'd love to see pets like that be able to be created by folks with high level taming. It would give purpose to animal taming and open up a whole new market :)