Sign in to follow this  
Vex

[Inde.] Kalayaan Village - Looking For Villagers [Updated: Jan. 27Th]

cover1up.jpg

WELCOME TO KALAYAAN

KALAYAAN VILLAGE, is a village located on the "Independence" server, at the co-ordinates of "37y, 17x" (based off of this map -

http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/indemap.png); literally a small boat ride across the sea, from The Howl! (Our village map: http://imageshack.us/a/img402/4884/kalayaan83.png)

FOR us at Kalayaan, we value three things greatly - that is: Freedom (honestly, you can do whatever you see fit: make what you want, pursue any job that you want, do work as you please, etc.), Community (being active within the community - talking to others, being respectful, helping one another out, etc.), and Having Fun (this is rather self-explanatory -> Wurm is about having fun!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR community has a lot of benefits to offer you - everything from easy access to ample supplies of lumber, stones, ores, and other basic resources for all your construction needs; to easy "job related" resources, buildings, and areas (i.e. tons of grape vines for any vintners, a harbour for anyone that likes to fish, mines, etc.).

BUT in order to keep things simple, let's take you through the major parts of our village, one by one, giving you a detailed description of what we have to offer you in each area!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KALAYAAN RESIDENTIAL ZONES --> TOWN CENTRE

KALAYAAN offers several "community services" to its residents, such as the newly built community centre which holds all of our major buildings and major communal services (such as a woodworks, a smithy/stoneworks, a (to-be-finished) hospital, and a kitchen and hunting lodge)!

EACH community building is fully available to all members of the Kalayaan Community, regardless of their wurm experience! Here are a couple photos of our town centre:

courtyard1.jpg

courtyard2c.jpg

courtyard3.jpg

KALAYAAN RESIDENTIAL ZONES --> HOUSES

KALAYAAN offers its residents several different sizes of homes in order to decorate as they see fit, several of them are compeltely empty, while some of them have been furnished already by communtiy members who have left; nonetheless, there are homes of all sizes, with varying property lots that can be built, furnished, and maintained (don't worry, our friendly village can help you with that!)

EACH house comes fully built, in terms of walls, doors, windows, etc. - and a generally blank backyard (nothing planted, but with fencing!); nothing else is put into the house if it is an unfinished, so that way you can decorate it as you see fit! Some pictures of these include:

homes4.jpg

homes3.jpg

homes2.jpg

homes1.jpg

KALAYAAN HARBOUR --> HARBOURFRONT & CANAL

KALAYAAN is lucky enough to border right onto the "Inner Sea" in Wurm - meaning Kalayaan takes full advantage of this, by maintaining a working Harbour that is available for use by all members of the Kalayaan Community and "Liberty" Alliance members; such features on the harbour include: large shipbuilding areas, receiving (delivery) house for shipments and purchases, waterfront properties (i.e. large homes for shipbuilders), a large canal just north of the village, and all around ample area to moor/dock your vessel! Photos of which, include:

harbour6.jpg

harbour4h.jpg

harbour2.jpg

harbour1.jpg

KALAYAAN HARBOUR --> LIGHTHOUSE

KALAYAAN is lucky enough to have been able to build a "Lighthouse" (which is essentially a raised crop of land; raised high enough that it is able to be seen from a distance, with hell-horses at the top acting as the light source). While the practical value of it is only for people at sea, it does offer an aesthetic quality for members of the community! Pictures of it include:

lighthouse1f.jpg

KALAYAAN HARBOUR --> KALAYAAN INN

KALAYAAN

has, on-deed, what is called an "Inn" (though it is currently under renovations; a great project for anyone who likes to build things!) - that is, a building that has four rooms, each with storage bins, forges, beds, ovens, altars, etc., for anyone passing by with their boat, on foot, with a cart, etc., who need a place to stay for the night! This is a great place, that only costs approximately 10iron to rent out, that is accessible to just about anyone, regardless if they are a part of the village or not! Some photos include:

inn1.jpg

KALAYAAN AGRICULTURAL ZONE --> FIELDS AND ENCLOSURE!

KALAYAAN has a vast range of fields and stables, used primarily for growing crops, and containing our animals (horses, cows, etc.). Our 6-8 fields, some of which contain at least 100 individual tiles for planting crops on, are the centre of our profit in Kalayaan! Specializing primarily in "Potatoes" and other vegetables, our fields are sure to not disappoint any farmer or potential customer! Not to mention, we also have an enormous enclosure, excellent for natural growth, in terms of trees and wildlife!

IN our fields, you will also find our many horses (which we breed and then sell for money), and cows, that are also used for meats, food, etc.

PHOTOS of our fields include:

farms2.jpg

farms1.jpg

enclosure3.jpg

enclosure2.jpg

enclosure1.jpg

SO WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

ESSENTIALLY, we are looking for just about ANYONE that is active, and willing to participate in a community setting! We don't care if you are young in wurm, old; it doesn't really matter what timezone you are from, or anything like that... KALAYAAN accepts everyone... everyone is welcome to join!

IF INTERESTED, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT "XANDRYA" (OUR MAYOR), "MITGIRA" (OUR DEPUTY MAYOR), "TESULA" (ONE OF OUR VILLAGE SENIORS) OR "VEX" IN-GAME, IN ORDER TO GET HELP/DIRECTIONS TO KALAYAAN, AND TO ULTIMATELY JOIN US!

Edited by Vex

Greetings fellow countryman, I've come back to start playing wurm again (after downloading again). I'm interested in joining your village :)

• Like 1

Hello Kasrkin34, that is great to hear! :)

Next time you are online, feel free to send with me, "Vex", or "Xandrya" (possibly even "Mitgira" if neither of us are available) a PM in-game, and we will be more then happy to help bring you to our village - we look forward to seeing you there soon! :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :P

Hi there!

I am new to Wurm, but I managed to reach Kalayaan. It is a very beautiful settlement. I wish I could be part of it, if there is still room for a new Wurmian. Today I was trying to contact you via PM but apparently did not find any of you online. I hope we could met and have a better talk.

Anyway, I congratulate you for Kalayaan, is one of the best settlements I've seen so far :D

• Like 1

Hi GonXavier,

We always have room for 1 more :) Most of the villagers are asleep around the time you tried, i'm online now so send me a PM whenever you get online again :)

Xandrya

Hey! Thx for your answer! Yep i think we are in diferent time zones, cus i was sleeping when you answered me :D.

But i'm around Kalayaan so we'll met soon for sure ^^

Welcome to the village, both Senoske and GonXavier!

There is still plenty of homes open in Kalayaan (anyone is welcome to apply; new players, veterans, and everyone in between!); so feel free to send "Xandrya", "Mitgira", "Tesula", or "Vex" a PM in-game, or on the forums, if you're interested in joining us!

Hi

Im new to the game and im looking to join a village and start building :). Im hanging around freedom market atm and was wondering if I can join your village?

• Like 1

Hi Jeffmarly,

well ofcource you can join our village, give me an pm on Xandrya or try Mitgira, Tesula or Vex if i'm not online.

Xandrya

Welcome to all the villagers who have joined us over the past few days! :)

There are still a few more houses open if anyone, if anyone else - new or veteran - would like to join us! :D

Hello im a Friend of Alaskanbobs he said u would be a great village to join and im interested in joining i am not a new player i have been playing for years dont have prem at this time but as soon as i have money to spend i will be getting it again

• Like 1

Welcome, Antonslavick! :)

Current Villager list, for anyone who is interested:

-Xandrya (Mayor)

-Mitgira (Deputy Mayor)

-Vex (Village Elder & Recruiter)

-Tesula (Village Elder)

-Senoske (Villager)

-GonXavier (Villager)

-Hvergi (Villager)

-Alaskanbob (Villager)

-Tryypod (Villager)

Still several spots open if anyone is interested :)

Hi guys. Sorry that i dont play wurm for a while, but i dont have cash for premium and time to play. Maybe in nearest future i will have some time to spent on wurm. Its nice to see that village growe up. Best wishes your Tank.

CZOLG!!!!

My goodness, it's been a while! :o

Don't worry, you don't need premium to be a part of our village (haha, I mean, i'm not even premium... we have a good mix of both premium and non-premium players :P) -- But yes, whenever real=life gives you a break, feel free to come on back! Our doors shall always be open for you ;D

I would be interested in joining this village, i will be on only so often but i need a place to stay :D

At the moment on that map I am on the little island trying to make a boaat to get across

Saw you in local. We're undergoing the deed make over at the moment but feel free to look around or ask for a tour. We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hi, I'm interested in joining. I recently took a break while I moved house and didn't have access to Internet. While I've been away the village I joined, had pretty much died and no ones been on in a while so I'm looking for a new village to join. I'm interested in your village, I have access to a Corbita and a set of good quality tools plus some resources. My name is mintberrycrunch and I'll try and catch one of you online.

- I've snipped the message. Please disregard me, I'll repost it if things change. -

Edited by Krinen