Sign in to follow this  
Tekaan

Kami Market Project

Just out of curiosity, how do people plan on getting by once across the kami canal? The surrounding deeds have completely walled off any ground traffic.

Makes a good point, I as well am curious.

We are focused first on fixing the Kami area, then we will work on figuring that aspect out. I just walked from TD to Kami, sure there is no highway yet but I can see how one may work - if those in the area will co-operate. That is another project though, which will come after this one. I can only speak on the current project. If the community were to get more involved in it there would be no problem getting a highway in from TD/Tara where there is already a highway in place half way to Kami, but to extend it all the way.

Should of left the water canal as the last part of the project or at least till you had the tunnel fixed I see things were done in a bad mis-planded order making it hard for the community. The ppl who have had to push the boats over the 3 tiles were the ppl who dont come here to read the forums plus they are not online to see any mention of the water canal being cut off when it was said, and are like crap this area is messed up I dont have time to sail all the way around just to get on the other side. You have cut off sailing for big ships that are needed to haul dirt, without them having to get out and push, or add hours to their round trip journey. You have cut easy access for the big ships to every market in the interior of the server. If you want ppl to not have a bad taste in there mouth about the market and actually use it then it's done, it might be better to fix the situation, 1 tile long push. Ppl already had a bad taste in their mouth about kami from the start, which settled down. And all this did was start it up again..

It would be best to change the walkway that closed off the canal to one tile long to lessen the burden of pushing. Until the tunnel is fixed then you can fill the whole canal in if thats your plans for the area. Like I said planning was done out of order and it is hurting the community slightly.

Just out of curiosity GoldenMan, what is your characters name in-game?

There is 6 warning signs posted in CAPS.

The push pull method does work thru the canal on big ships. as a cog went thru today no problems

Do Not complain about the canal not being able to sail thru as we are working on the problem.

( tek was off on the price so far 1g 60s has gone into making it,will cost that much if not more to finish)

the old canal is filled in 3 tiles only so horse and carts can cross which made the locals happier because now they have access to resources they didnt as well as being able to trade animals with eachother . (3 tiles is easy to push over if you dont want to use a canal that works, could have filled it in all 41 tiles)

as for a roadway the reason its blocked of between kami and td was because locals were being griefed and it needed to stop.

if kami canal is such a hassle for u go to indy and take a large ship thru one of there canals u have to push 10 tiles instead of one which takes 1 hour each side ( i have done it because there is no warning for said canal ) at least we have warning signs and are taking the time to fix the prob instead of just leaving it.

i guess alot of ppl have been in and out of the new tunnel ( i was told im basically the only person getting stuck in it, must be a bad sailor ).

so if you can please start using the new canal ( tho it is push/pull the big ships thru the entrances/exits) that way we can make sure it is working properly

thank you

i guess alot of ppl have been in and out of the new tunnel ( i was told im basically the only person getting stuck in it, must be a bad sailor ).

so if you can please start using the new canal ( tho it is push/pull the big ships thru the entrances/exits) that way we can make sure it is working properly

thank you

Or maybe noone is using it, instead of cutting the entire eastern community off from the rest of the map it would have been prudent to complete the tunnel and then block everyone off. People will be making thier own tunnels/canals to bypass your deed now, what was a prime trading location will be a nothing but a community resentment. That deed is nothing but bad luck imo.

Or maybe noone is using it, instead of cutting the entire eastern community off from the rest of the map it would have been prudent to complete the tunnel and then block everyone off. People will be making thier own tunnels/canals to bypass your deed now, what was a prime trading location will be a nothing but a community resentment. That deed is nothing but bad luck imo.

She meant that people have informed us that they have been through the new cave canal in larger sized ships using the push/pull method and having no issues. So people are using it and reporting back to us with the results. It would help if more people would do the same and report their experiences so we can further correct any issues.

Cave canal on Inde needed the push-pull for large ships as well, as I recall. Don't see what the fuss is about.

She opened the cave canal before filling in the old one York, just that guy got his knarr bugged and had a mental collapse.

Yes I had a mental breakdown ppl do, you just need to ignore their stupidiness ( so don't pay any attention to me for a while :) heehehee ). Just a lot of crap happenings in real life cause my to blow a fuse

I just wanted to say that I am a neighbor of Kami and I consider myself a very active player, working hard at my deed every day. But my meager activites pales in comparison to the immense amount of time and energy Ishy puts into the Kami project, as well as other extremely devoted folks such as Tek and Kediac to name a few. All I hear all day is the constant hum of work over there as they toil to make that canal a success and I can't imagine anything worse than the criticism of select members of the community because the canal is not coming out quite as planned due to some very hard to diagnose issues with the slopes/tiles in the tunnel. They are already quite frustrated by the inability to get the technical issues ironed out so the complainign they get from certain individuals just pours salt to the wound.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by KaiH, August 5, 2012 - personal attacks
Hidden by KaiH, August 5, 2012 - personal attacks

Well, the canal seems to be complete, just need some more lights in there! :)

THat being said, there still is no ground route from the north to the south as the alliance of deeds on the north side there has the area still securely locked down.

I do know Atticas of Sky tried to open a cart path across the area so people could do it, but one of the alliance members (SIlverrose of Birch Alley & grief deed Magic Forrest) raised a fuss with GMs and he was forced to remove it.

Strange that such a large amount of that alliance donated money, while one individual in it has decided to make the money and time spent useless.

Then again, that is the same individual who stabbed their fellow alliance member in the back and ended up in them being without an alliance so I guess I'm not all that surprised that she is fighting to screw over the rest of the people too.

Edited by Niclamus

I will donate some hanging silver lamps to put in there, but someone else will need to imp them.

well for 1 i havent even left my original alliance so i think u need to get your players right. for 2 no thanks on the lamps ive got it covered

Out of curiosity what exactly do you guys do with those shaping wands?

u can only mine 9 deep in water just like you can only dig dirt 9 before using a dredge. but unlike dirt rock cannot be dredged any deeper. so for this case as a xmas gift one year rolf gave ppl sculpting wands ( they are loaded 5s for 10ql) 1ql= 1 slope u can make rock vanish as for the kami canal alot of it is in rock outside so to allow big boats in we had to surface mine 9 slope into water than use the wand to make it 25 deep

I'm sorry Ish, I was told you were in the alliance that was from the south west, which now also includes the people I've mentioned from the East here. :)

It doesn't change that SIlverrose and her deed's maintain blocking off any access via cart, and she's fighting to keep it that way.

Edited by Niclamus

Oh no I'm sorry, Ish Is -not- Silverrose. I was just trying to point out to the community the pain in the butt trying to establish access has been. Multiple attempts at this have been done in the past. You guys have done us a great service by allowing cart access north to Argos, Irongate, and Birch Ally, we would just like to complete what you've started and allow access to the entire northern area. Unfortunately she has been working very hard to stop it.

Ish is not at all trying to block us, and Ish is not Silverrose. Sorry, I was not at all trying to imply that.

Edited by Niclamus

I went through this area today.

Edit due to confusion about who owns the deed. Still, good luck to those involved.

Edited by Xianruflux

Xian, you are confusing parts of what I said and what Ishy had told you. (I am Topdog btw)

Rolf must either be kicking himself for putting such a silly design on this server or kicking back and watching the drama like his own private reality show.

the cave canal works just fine, i dont get what all the damn whine is about, if u keep it up i wouldnt hold any grudge against the kami guys to just shut it all down and let none pass, they did this in the effort to have both a land route and water passage, which has been achieved. there is no more need for any of this, it works, use it. go find something else to complain about.

Edited by Libertha

Yes, Tek. My mistake. Your behaviour was exemplary.

Edited by Xianruflux

Rolf must either be kicking himself for putting such a silly design on this server or kicking back and watching the drama like his own private reality show.

What silly design ?

Caves were designed for mining in , boats came a long time after and were not designed for boats going in and out of them . I doubt Rolf even thought players would make the leap and utilise them for boat passage when he designed them .

Kami canal works exactly the same as other canals on Cele and other servers .

Anything larger than a sailboat stands a chance of getting stuck if just sailed blindly in / out . Players just need ot get used to getting off and pushing / pulling ( or dragging if they ahve the str ) over the entrance tile .

The owners of Kami are doing their best to ensure traffice is possible for all types of travel in that area .

Lets face it even if you have to disembark ,, and push for 5 minutes , you have still saved yourself a lot of time from sailing all the way around the server .