Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

Sailboat Wave Animation

nice one, so is it gonna tip to one side and sink now since first three people sit at the front of the boat always lol

Very nice!

I hope the 'swinging' is in relation to wind speed?

• Like 1

Does this mean we'll need another toggle like the phobia toggle for those who get motion sickness easily?

On a more serious note, awesome work! While I was mostly joking about motion sickness toggle, watching that video, it might be worth looking into.

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

As a boat speeds up the animation should not be so side to side and more front to back, imho.

You seem to be really careful not to look down at your body why? Either way this is amazing

• Like 1

You seem to be really careful not to look down at your body why? Either way this is amazing

i think we know why :)

Brace yourself people getting seasick are coming. I hope people woun't start whinign about this aswell, it seems most people want to wurm to involve as little moevemnt as possible which is dumb, games are not made to suit a handfull of people that have "issues" they are made to be fun and relaistic.

Anywhays nice addition, now we just need the vawes :D

btw. is that seaweed on the bottom of the ocean?

i love this animation. really i do. but.... i dont know if its just the graphics settings you had at the time but it seemed excessive for the level of waves visible then? maybe just me...

• Like 1

this is going to look very goofy with our 20+ sail boats doing this at the same time

I can't wait for my knarr to idle gently in the breeze when it's moared!

this is going to look very goofy with our 20+ sail boats doing this at the same time

Lol, I hope they won't be synchronized.

Almost sea sick watching it.....Does the wind speed make it go slower or faster or the weight in the boat?? Or is it gonna go that same rocking motion no matter what?

sweet nice work, now lets get the sails to go with the wind XD

I think this is a great start, however you need to be careful to not go ott, and also make sure that the boat can sway in different directions too. You could link the severity of movement to wind speed... And lastly, make sure it doesn't move when on land!

If this is refined more an applied to all boats.. It could be epic at making them a lot more life like!!! :D

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 1

Looks awesome but i do agree that unless its implemented so that boats don't do this in perfect synchronisation it will look incredibly silly hehe.

The image/animation/video isn't loading for me. Anyone else? Would like to see what this looks like. Right now it's just a blank post. <_<

try to open in new tab, maybe that helps.. its a youtube video.