Sign in to follow this  
Paul Scott

Possible Way To Gain Attention For The Game: Amazon.com Free-To-Play Games

I want to start by saying that I've been away from the game for roughly two years now, so if something like this has been mentioned I apologize, but I saw nothing when doing a cursory search of the forums.

Anywho, I was perusing Amazon.com as I was considering pre-purchasing another game and I noticed they had a Free-to-Play games section. Curious, I checked it out only to discover that games that many of you may be familiar with already were there like Flyff, Rappelz, and Runescape to name only a few. So it occured to me, if they can do it, why not Wurm?

Now it seems that these games will offer promotions through Amazon, like special ingame items or upgrades for purchase. I think Wurm would be able to do something like this without becoming a micro-transaction game that rewards players who pay more by simply allowing gold to be purchased through Amazon or to sell old Christmas gift convenience items (Sculpting Wand comes to mind).

Like I said, this was an idea I had while browsing the site and I can't attest to what Amazon would get from transactions through its site or basically any financial figures, but if the numbers are reasonable, it seems like a good possibility to draw some attention to a very niche game.

Link to Amazon's Free-to-Play game section:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

There's a reason Wurm has so little publicity and that's because Rolf wants it that way. He's already said once we have multistory houses and bridges he will review if he things Wurm is "ready" for a large influx of players, and if so the PR team (Wossoo, et. al.) will have a field day and plaster the Wurm logo all over the internet.

• Like 1

Just curious how do you make a multi story house in a 2d game or bridges?

Rolf mentioned in a recent blog about having certain things in before version 1.0. Im guessing once 1.0 hits, advertisment will soon follow.

There's a reason Wurm has so little publicity and that's because Rolf wants it that way. He's already said once we have multistory houses and bridges he will review if he things Wurm is "ready" for a large influx of players, and if so the PR team (Wossoo, et. al.) will have a field day and plaster the Wurm logo all over the internet.

I probably started playing roughly four years ago and even back then he was talking about adding bridges and multistory houses. If that's the case, don't hold your breath.