Sign in to follow this  
Wiro

Spirit Templars Are Required To Keep The Lamps Lit

So, we got us an oil tub (which is really an oil barrel and should be renamed) and filled it up with about two small barrels full of olive oil. We have no templars and never needed any either...two weeks later the lights are starting to go out, and no oil from the barrel is being used.

Either oil barrels are not currently working or we really need to hire templars now to keep our deeds lit. Does anyone know which it is? :S

I thought it was always the case of Guards using the oil to refill the lamps?

It was never confirmed...Rolf used the term "guards" before when describing the decreased wall decay on deed.

~ WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20 ~

link.gif

Circumvening the nerf

As expected there are worries that it will become too much of a chore to keep lamps filled with oil or tar. Now, tar isn’t _really_ supposed to be used in lamps but it will still be possible to use of course since it would be too much of a nerf to remove that. Olive oil finally has the use and value it was supposed to from the very beginning.

I’ve added the possibility to build an “oil barrel†which will hold huge amounts of olive oil. If you keep a barrel on deed the guards will use the oil within to fill your street lamps. Guards can only deal with olive oil though so you can’t fill it with tar.

I also added the possibility to build armour stand and bow rack. The models are lacking for those as well but they will arrive eventually.

I just had to restart the Epic servers for another reason so they received this update and can try it out a bit before the other servers which will be restarted tomorrow.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. The fact he is using the word "Guards" in his post... I would say yes.... you need to have at least 1 guard to utilize this feature.

Edited by Perryn
  • Like 1

Using the same term for two different things is not straight forward at all.

Oh i see what your saying. Where is his post in regards to guards in regards to decreased wall decay?

How would tower guards have any relation to your deed?

I think its self evident he is speaking about deed guards in this context.

How would tower guards have any relation to your deed?

They don't, which is probably why I didn't mention them.

Oh i see what your saying. Where is his post in regards to guards in regards to decreased wall decay?

It's not a post...it's literally in-game. Once your decay is like one week from disbanding it says the guards stop working on preventing the decay of your deed.

Anyways still have yet to hear a clear answer on this, has the oil "tub" system worked so far for anyone with guards?

I see your point Wiro.

I just took it for granted it meant you needed to have hired guards to use the Oil Tubs. Maybe Rolf can clarify it to save the confusion.

**edit** Ive put in a request for clarification on it... ill post with any update I can find out.

Edited by Perryn

How long time since the nerf? All my deed lamps are still lit and I haven't touched them yet.

If your lamps were burning on tar then oil will not be used until you fill them one time with oil yourself (even topping off lamps still burning and holding tar, but new topping off with oil, will suffice for this from what I have seen).

So essentially you need to handle the lamps as if they were new-planted lamps, where you always had to do the first filling yourself too in the past.

How long time since the nerf? All my deed lamps are still lit and I haven't touched them yet.

I believe someone said they do not fill the lamps until they have gone bone-dry. Is there a chance your lamps are much more fuel efficient than the norm, perhaps high quality brass lamps filled with high quality oil? As a test can you try manually filling one lamp and record how much (if any) fuel it was low by, or if it said it was full?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

60-70ql iron torch or normal iron lamps filled with low ql tar.

I tried to fill one and it used up 0.09kg tar so I guess they will all be empty soon.

I have a lot of deeds and a lot of lamps. Deeds without olive oil on site aren't going dark.

Only one deed currently has olive oil in an oil barrel and it's yet to go dark or have oil removed. However, new lamp creation on the deed with the oil barrel does seem to automatically fill the new lamps, even before planting.

So it's either not working as intended, works only for new lamp creation or is being fuelled from elsewhere on the deed from a non specific oil container. Can't verify the last idea as there are several villagers that use oil for other things and generally don't keep tabs on their supply.

The only thing I do know for sure is off deed lamps are now going out if not filled - so that much at least works as it should do.

I've asked rolf before, you do require a templar to fill the lamps

Its been verified on other deeds "WITHOUT GUARDS" that oil is being taken from barrels and keeping lamps lit. I would myself would replant them and fill them with oil atleast once. The replanting might jog the lamp poll code into working properly.

I guess I will try to fill the lamps with oil once and hope that will work. Not sure what to believe now.

Its been verified on other deeds "WITHOUT GUARDS" that oil is being taken from barrels and keeping lamps lit. I would myself would replant them and fill them with oil atleast once. The replanting might jog the lamp poll code into working properly.

So we can consider this confirmed then? People sometimes ask in kchat still and since I use tar, can't quite test it.

It's great when several different people verify the exact opposite from each other.

I've asked rolf before, you do require a templar to fill the lamps

So it probably works without guards

• Like 1

I'm still confused myself, gonna take a good amount of time to figure out if really works without guards after filling it once yourself.

Is anyone really surprised that it's borked or that it's not been clearly explained? I mean....really??

Lamp went out. I filled it manually with oil and lit it (it was dark). Next night, lamp came on by itself. No templars on deed. Let's see if they refill now.....

Lamp went out. I filled it manually with oil and lit it (it was dark). Next night, lamp came on by itself. No templars on deed. Let's see if they refill now.....

This happens if you fill them with tar too... The auto-lighting on dark is working normally, its the refills that worry. I'm seriously not making a barrel until i get some confirmation on this issue

have more than 200 olives stored, and plenty of trees to harvest... I'm one of the few weirdos that actually like Olives as decoration.