Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Lag Gone!

Not everyone, I got no lag, except the random ones every odd our.

The diagram I posted above displays the server lag, meaning the time it needs from recieving your request to calculate and send a response.

It show the previous issue fixed, so the cause has to be somewhere in the network.

I'm from germany and as I said, have no lag. Where are you guys from?

Portugal, also no lag. Even when it was supposed to be lag i didn't feel it that much (except for a few mild spikes here and there, mostly on sundays, and this one sunday where it was extremely bad, and i was journeying from exo to inde and back, and ended up getting client restarts on server switch because it was so laggy).

I usually play with lag, so I'm somewhat accustomed to it. 2-4s for every pop up menu 'refresh', 2-4s for every gate. Before the fix, that 2-4s was more like 20-40s 40% of the time and queuing more than 1 digging action would result in numerous teleport errors and the like. Now its back to the regular 2-4s again. Embarking on a boat or horse has likewise always given me lots of flicker and screen jumping around, but I have not noticed that to be any worse than it ever was for me since this fix. The 2-4s is due to my location of course and I do not complain about it. The previous 20-40s however was virtually unbearable.

My lag has been better however sometimes i try to talk to some one and wurm just completly stops it still contacts the server but it just stops.

I have noticed awful (20-30 seconds) lag when entering a boat and then trying to right click to get the menu for raising the anchor. Once the anchor is raised and the boat is moving, it seems to settle down a bit. I have also noticed the lag when riding a horse, especially long distance terrain refresh. I see the mountains stretching as I move closer to them from not getting a refresh of the terrain.

well everyone seems to have the issue?

Like I said, no, I'm not having any lag at all. It is as quick as usual. No issues with horses/boats or anything.

Traceroutes would indeed be good, but people don't seem to be interested in posting those.

I'm also not having any lag. It's likely an issue with a major ISP.

I'm not entirely sure how to do a traceroute here, I guess most people wouldn't even know what that is exactly.

If you want to see some of those, a short tutorial would be helpfull.

I'm not entirely sure how to do a traceroute here, I guess most people wouldn't even know what that is exactly.

If you want to see some of those, a short tutorial would be helpfull.

Like any traceroute....

tracert [ip] in cmd

if thats too difficult to understand; http://google.com

some servers;

freedom001.game.wurmonline.com

freedom002.game.wurmonline.com

freedom003.game.wurmonline.com

jenn001.game.wurmonline.com

I'm located on Independence.

Had a ton of lag until Rolf brought the server down for a day on the 17th, after that it was perfect. Now after today's update, back to occasional 3-7 second spike entering/leaving a cart, finishing lag, etc. Don't know what the update did but it sure didn't help.

Trying to build walls is a pain. 3-7 sec to get the right click window to load, 3-7 sec to teleport into the cart, 3-7 sec to move forward a tile, 3-7 sec to get right click to load again, 3-7 sec to teleport out of the cart...you get the idea...Strangely enough the actual building seems alot less laggy.

Before anyone questions my connection, I run on 50 mbps service, and everything was silky smooth until the update today.

Doing a tracert to freedom001.game.wurmonline.com shows ~25ms ping until I get to Europe where it goes up over 300ms occasionally.

Edited by Teledahn

Still getting tonnes of lag here too, specially after embarking. Last night at one point i had two accounts running, hopped one onto a cart and it lagged for a straight ten minutes while i ran around building stuff on the other account lol.

I have noticed awful (20-30 seconds) lag when entering a boat and then trying to right click to get the menu for raising the anchor.

I'm getting this a lot just about every time I cross a border and climb back in since the fix.

Often times I can't do anything at all and nothing loads. Chat works though so likely not lag related? Lucky when I can get a disembark option to appear and try again. Panic every time :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem to happen as much when not crossing a server though (for me)... if at all.

Horrible lag last night on Celeb when driving carts and opening doors. (West Coast USA)

Like I said, no, I'm not having any lag at all. It is as quick as usual. No issues with horses/boats or anything.

Traceroutes would indeed be good, but people don't seem to be interested in posting those.

4mGi8.png

So does this mean you'll fix my lag now?

4mGi8.png

So does this mean you'll fix my lag now?

Its not about fixing YOUR lag, its about collecting data, to try and find the source of the lag for everyone that has it.

It's like Sweden hates me

Why? Because it takes 130ms to send data across the atlantic and back?

I am getting HUGE lag spikes getting on and off carts/horses, ships at times. No idea what that is all about, but its definitely happening. Its not the same as the lag we had before its different.

Edited by Protunia

I am getting HUGE lag spikes getting on and off carts/horses, ships at times. No idea what that is all about, but its definitely happening. Its not the same as the lag we had before its different.

Agreed. I was boarding my ship and the lag was so bad i had to relog. Also crossing borders lagged me very bad aswell.

Agreed. I was boarding my ship and the lag was so bad i had to relog. Also crossing borders lagged me very bad aswell.

Unless something changed recently, you can avoid lag when boarding/disembarking carts/boats/horses/etc. by being in the same tile.

If you do it from/to a different tile, the client resyncs EVERYTHING (\o rolfcode), causing a ton of lag.

good to know that i am not the only one who has the boarding-lag....

the teleporting lag is insane. last night commanded my boat, i was stuck teleporting and it wouldnt stop, then i keep randomly mass dcing, Man i cant wait till this is fixed :-(

Unless something changed recently, you can avoid lag when boarding/disembarking carts/boats/horses/etc. by being in the same tile.

If you do it from/to a different tile, the client resyncs EVERYTHING (\o rolfcode), causing a ton of lag.

Does that really work?!? I maybe just fooling myself but i think it is easier for me to disembark than to embark on a cart regarding lag, Can't wait to try this when i get home.

Does that really work?!? I maybe just fooling myself but i think it is easier for me to disembark than to embark on a cart regarding lag, Can't wait to try this when i get home.

This really works, I've been pushing for awareness of this for a while. Although not in a major way.

Sign in to follow this