Sign in to follow this  
Tryfaen

Epic: Bonus Skill Gain Only For Those Over 1K Battle Rank

Disabling the Epic skill gain bonus for characters below 1001 battle rank(easily obtainable) would provide an incentive for those players who do not currently participate in PVP on the Epic PVP server cluster without penalizing those who do not actively engage in pvp. This would not apply this to new accounts(under 3 months) so that new players will still be able to easily raise their skills to a sufficient level and join in on the pvp action.

+1

If we cant delete the home servers then yes I like this

Tell ya what, I'll split the difference. I'll give up the skill gain in exchange for tripleing the CR nerf and allowing F2P players on elevation.

We'll keep the effective skill level though.

Sound like a deal? :-)

Tell ya what, I'll split the difference. I'll give up the skill gain in exchange for tripleing the CR nerf and allowing F2P players on elevation.

We'll keep the effective skill level though.

Sound like a deal? :-)

F2P on elevation? Your crazy... Just no

Easier for people to greif...

F2P on elevation? Your crazy... Just no

Easier for people to greif...

Oh sorry I didn't realize that griefing with F2P alts was only to be done on the home servers and that the elevation deeds and groups would be unable to adapt and endure as the "should be deleted cuz them don't play right" home servers have.

Besides even as suggested you know that the home server groups would just work together in their new common interest to farm the rank from staged kill swapping. You stab my back I'll stab yours and I'll see ya again when it decays and needs another kife point bump.

+1, I am new to Epic and on JKH and this sounds like a great idea.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, July 15, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by KaiH, July 15, 2012 - trolling

Fine meet your MRH rank farm partner on elevation once you both are rankable to the other.

It's a sandbox game. Not everyone that plays on pvp servers is a pvp'er, forcing them to do so to have the same skillgain perks as those that do pvp just ushers in alt abuse and forced gameplay styles.

To remove the fast skillgain on players that choose to play the game as they choose is wholly unfair and detrimental to the sandbox game ideal as a whole. No one should be forced to partake in anything they don't want to partake in just to remain at par with the next guy.

lol hare

Disabling the Epic skill gain bonus for characters below 1001 battle rank(easily obtainable) would provide an incentive for those players who do not currently participate in PVP on the Epic PVP server cluster without penalizing those who do not actively engage in pvp.

Sadly whether this is a good idea or not, completing a mission gives you one battle rank, which means people like Joanavon only on epic for skill gain can just do one mission every week and still get their skill gain without ever leaving a raid shelter.

I play on Epic and Chaos out of choice, because of the atmosphere, the potential risks, the camraderie from kingdoms/alliances with a common goal, so on and so forth. I don't seek out PvP, I started playing Wurm 3 years ago and I've been in PvP once. LIke Shalibriri said, it's a players choice about how they want to play and forcing players to PvP to enjoy the server for what it can offer is absurd in my mind. As far as the suggested way of doing this, it's already been mentioned that it wold be far too easy to farm alts for this.

I could support a small bonus for players who have recently been engaged in PvP, like the few % that nutrition gives or something.

• Like 1

Forcing players to PvP is only going to do more harm than good.

I still don't understand why some people get all kinds of bent out of shape about not everyone being a hardcore PvPer and blaming the home servers or non-hardcore PvP style players for the "Lack of PvP" is simply absurd, completely irrational, illogical and just sad really.

Make a 2x skillgain Freedom server. Literally no one will be left on epic home servers. That's the problem.

Make a 2x skillgain Freedom server. Literally no one will be left on epic home servers. That's the problem.

So the "problem" is there are too many people on the epic cluster and you want to reduce it by 75%-85%?

Seriously?

No, he's suggesting that the majority of people are on epic for the skillgain increase, not because it has PvP. His suggestion of a 2x skillgain Freedom server was to illustrate the point, not as a solution to this thread ;)

• Like 1

While Epic is currently the only complete Pvp server cluster in the game it is also the only accelerated skill gain server cluster and the only one using the skill curve. I'll agree that if a fredom server opened with epics skill settings that the home servers would empty out and epics total population would collapse in excess of 60-75% of total by a month or two later. It would be a self reinforcing exodus cycle due to pe ople who maybe would entertain the notion of staying on epic being convinced or pretty much forced to switch when their friends and fellow villagers/allies start switching taking their support, assistance, social nature and protection with them. Add in epics naturaly much higher Pvp related turn over rate and its pvp related obsticle in attracting new players over freedom and you've got a perfect recipe for an empty server cluster 60-90 days later

However the whole reason for having the increased skillgain in the first place was to make PvP more accessible, so a freedom server with increased skillgain doesn't ever need to happen, and will most probably never happen.

I agree its very unlikely a faster skilling freedom server will happen as it would be a boondoggle to the other freedom servers unless it were isolated from them like epic is via the portals, nontransferable inventory and seperate skill set. Besides the home servers function reasonably well that role as is. Regardless of what some may think or claim the "purpose" or "reason" for the current set up are its still a sandbox and still ultimately up to each player to decide what their "purpose" or "reason" for being on epic is for them personally and them alone.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Hordern, July 16, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Hordern, July 16, 2012 - No reason given

-1to easy to macro......

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Hordern, July 16, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Hordern, July 16, 2012 - No reason given

-1to easy to macro......

Ok did not like the -1 I see......In that case let me make it clear this is not a good Idea at all and I completely disagree with it and further more has no place in Wurm what so ever. If you want to fix PvP fix it so its Fun for more players do not start nerfing players so they fall even further behind all the others in skill just because they do not run out and PvP their buddy or alt or what ever the case may be. People did not go to Wild because of this type of skill advantage making EPic the same thing is heading down the same ole road to failure.

Thank you Protunia. That was very well said and exactly on point.