Sign in to follow this  
Smebb

A Proposal To Solve The "tree Situation".

I have been sitting here reading the forums while having something to eat, and I read the topic The Tragedy Of The Commons, In One Picture.

I am willing to make an alt, throw premium on it and set up a deed near Tap Dance where new players can go to cut trees, forage, make food, learn to plant sprouts, maybe a couple of market stalls with vendors to sell low quality sickles, hammers, small anvils, mallets, etc (for those who have made alts), storage bins with low quality stuff in them, etc. Things like that.

If anyone is willing to help out (donate toward the settlement form, provide altars, make the market stalls, help landscaping, make walls or signs, donate to upkeep, provide food while others build, provide mats for building or anything at all) then I will happily organise and take a day or two off to make it happen.

If you are willing to help or have have suggestions as to what the deed could provide or if it's a good/bad idea, I'd appreciate it if you replied.

Edited by Smebb
  • Like 2

First of all... what a MESS that area is... Damn... hopefully people in the area will reform/help out. :P

As a few of you may be aware, I have planted the deed. It's still a work in progress but it's getting along nicely. Thank you to the players who have settled nearby for helping out, and a big thank you to Aelli and Vetarnic who have helped out a lot so far. :) Thank you to the unnamed and someone else whose name I forgot for donating some supplies too.

Send me a random item (same name in game) I'll donate 5s so you can get some stuff, if it's going well after a while i'll donate a bit more to help too , I may live on deli but Cele is new and bound to be de-forested, best to save it sooner than later :)

Thank you for taking up the challenge, Smebb, and everyone who is helping it. I have just read the threads today, I wasn't aware it was this bad.

When the servers come back online, I'll set up an alt and come around, to see what I can do to help this project. I'll love to plant more wherever useful or necessary.

Hi guys and thank you very much. :) Saraski, do you mean CoD you something for 5s?

EDIT:

I should have mentioned the name of the deed: Wilderness Survival Camp. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought of the name... :) The area is looking a little better and some of the locals have been helping out in their own way. :)

Thanks to (in no particular order) -

My wife (Primordia)

Aelli

Vetarnic

Saraski

Darkmalice

Waarokku

Eratosthenes

Looniel

Hulagirl

Birdmansback

Divus