Sign in to follow this  

Sometimes in shallow water it's necessary to dredge a channel for large ships. Usually the channel is visible, but on lower graphics settings it can be hard to spot. Combined with high winds, this can lead to ships running aground.

Suggestion: Small barrel + mooring anchor = Buoy.

• Planted on underwater tiles as a marker
  • Can be painted
  • Can be named at 1 character per ql, as with small signs
  • Same planting rules as signs (1 per Wurm week) to prevent spamming

Could maybe be upgraded to a Flagged Buoy with the addition of a cotton sheet and a shaft.

• Like 6

Just curious, what would you think of having a lit buoy option for night time? Or would that be too much?

• Like 4

I LOVE THIS IDEA.

it would be incredibly useful, its original (i've not seen it suggested before!) and it would surely be very easy to code (corpses float, moored ships, etc)

plus one!

(for lit buoys, maybe being able to moor a raft would work, and then stick a lantern or something inside and they would emit light depending on lamp ql? would need a way to lock it though...)

Edited by Wraithglow

It would also be good for making a path to borders, for those who's sailing skills are not quite up to par, and for fog.

Guess its an easier way to mark the special fishing spots when located too...

• Like 2

+1. Wonderful way you incorperated already in-game items instead of saying "oh yea well just add all of these new things, to make this new thing."

Guess its an easier way to mark the special fishing spots when located too...

Yeah instead of using boats......I could see this.

dear god, even protunia agreed with this suggestion..

Could this be the first ever suggestion that nobody dislikes? :o

What about the decay rate? Slow, fast, none? Just curious, seems like a cool idea. I have never used a boat but I just hear people always getting lost at sea :lol:

Edited by Smokie

great for leading some people over the sea too :D I alway missed kind of signs there XD

Seems like an excellent idea. For the decay rate though it seems as though it would have a slow decay rate if it is water. However hmmm maybe by rubbing olive oil on it it could be possiable to waterproof it no?

or maybe tar too, as this is used for ships already, this item could use the ship or fine carpentry skill in my opinion^^

Yeah but hmmm the whole wurm week thing to make another does appeal to well what about you can only make one per wurm day? Also what about giving it a high chance of failure? Then no body will spam it?

Yeah but hmmm the whole wurm week thing to make another does appeal to well what about you can only make one per wurm day? Also what about giving it a high chance of failure? Then no body will spam it?

It should require a certain amount of body str to be able to place one of these as well as skill in boat making to even have a chance to create. I would limit the placement more than signs are currently.

I'll toss a +1 for this, got lost finding canals on another server the other day, then just about sailed right past my home when I got back lol