Sign in to follow this  
Vanya

Marriage "thingy" <3

It would be interesting to implement a family thing where you could see who's all related to who, who's married to who, etc. Doesn't have to be real, even roleplay families might be fun (would be easier to distinguish who's grouped together, etc).

+1

Edited by Xallo

Here is a thought I just had. What if player name showed they deed they belonged to as a sort of Surname. Lolaepic Freebears Holiday Retreat?. I know it is a long name. But would show others at a glance what village you were part of without having to examine?

In game marriage would be an interesting concept, imo. Especially as my fiance and I met here in Wurm! (So yes, there's more than 4 5 girls in Wurm!!) But even before coming up with shared names, ceremonies, divorce papers, etc., it would be lovely if we could actually WEAR the rings we smith. :-D

+1 to this idea. would fit well with how wurm currently is.

My wife and I play this game side by side. But marriage in game needs to have benefits. Allow me to list some:

1. Married couples never need to add each other to writs or mine doors and are always friends.
  2. Wedding rings will add a use to jewelcrafting above what there already is, and can be enchanted to locate each other.
  3. Spouses should have combat advantage when fighting together.
  4. Marriage will have a family name and children, who's role can be taken by a new player to be part of the family
  5. Family can have traits, like breeding, so children can have affinities or bonus traits (not much, maybe 5-10% bonus to something small) to encourage community and interaction.

• Like 1

My wife and I play this game side by side. But marriage in game needs to have benefits. Allow me to list some:

1. Married couples never need to add each other to writs or mine doors and are always friends.
  2. Wedding rings will add a use to jewelcrafting above what there already is, and can be enchanted to locate each other.
  3. Spouses should have combat advantage when fighting together.
  4. Marriage will have a family name and children, who's role can be taken by a new player to be part of the family
  5. Family can have traits, like breeding, so children can have affinities or bonus traits (not much, maybe 5-10% bonus to something small) to encourage community and interaction.

I like it. Also it sounds as the very starting point of clans and families, dedicated each one to some activity.

I've seen this in other games, unfortunately it was a vessel to beg. Male and female marry and take on newbie as child, child begs relentlessly (claiming to be incharacter) until said child is left in the middle of a forest full of hell hounds.

But my liege, we were happily skipping through the forest picking flowers, when we turned around we couldnt see them, figured the silly begga ... sweet little child would come home when they were hungry!

Next we will need orphanges .. oh wait.

Edited by York

Well, I started this as vanity. If someone wants to give it a better or different use, its ok by me :P. Since the marriage could be "open minded".

It would be interesting to implement a family thing where you could see who's all related to who, who's married to who, etc. Doesn't have to be real, even roleplay families might be fun (would be easier to distinguish who's grouped together, etc).

+1

This.

Also i know of atleast 15girls that play wurm, and i know there are a lot more.

This.

Also i know of atleast 15girls that play wurm, and i know there are a lot more.

ITS A TRAP!!! :lol:

Well I dunno about hardcoding marriage, perhaps rather a surname. If marriage was to be done in some manner, you might as well do an entire family structure or clan.

Edited by Klaa

I'm sorry this is already possible

in RL marriage is all about knowing and writing on papyrus

we have papyrus write it down multiply times and give to many people so you'll be renown

make an informative system that only in that building are papyrus of marriages of all people

here you have it it's the same way in RL

you can't right click RL person and say marry and look at family tree

you can do that only on papyrus in RL

and something more if you examine all surnames you figure it out it was actually made of who the family was

let say family was mainly millers and was professionally doing only that whole family and it was given a surname that would be kinda close to that title

so if you want to simulate it in wurm just make all family title carptner for example

I allmost never saw 2 same titles in wurm