Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Maintenance Warning

I agree 10 minutes is a bit short; there should be at least 30 minutes of warning in say 5 minute intervals.

Along with my post above... I don't see an issue with a suggestion of the devs setting up a daily maintenance schedule.

However keep in mind Nomad... these guys are mostly unpaid volunteers i believe. Its not like a Sony or Blizzard team that comes in and works a scheduled 40 hour week. A lot of these guys do what they do on their spare time... which is why I think we see a lot of the unscheduled on the fly work being done.

You know... this makes me think: This game is really great. Its really sad this project just does not take fly at it should, and these people work as volunteers. They should be employed. As I see from the books´s view of "About Heroes and Graves" (an argentinian hard-drama epic novel), these guys are heroes. They care about nobody cares, giving themselves to the task, and receiving just their personal and little pleasure.

Anyway... Returning to the topic: in the posible ways, more advice would be nice. But its understandeable the situation, anyway.

I should be easy enough to put server downtime and scheduled maintenance on the news portion of the launcher. Then, its no surprise.

The trouble is that maintenance in wurm is never scheduled nor planned in advance. It's not too surprising that when rolf fixes something or adds something new he's thinking "excellent! now that is done I want to see it working in-game immediately!" and forgets that there are people that are going to have their play interrupted in the process.

I agree that 30mins warning would be better, so long as there isn't some game-breaking bug being left in the meantime (if it's emergency like that I have no problem with immediate reboots)