Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Maintenance Warning

Could you please tell us a little earlier, when you are shutting down the server? 6 minutes are not really enough time, specially if you are out hunting or travelling or whatever, to find a secure space to log off. Even worse if you are on your best horse and there is no possibility to secure it (I dont count taming atm because not everyone has taming materials with him)

so please, 30 minutes would be alot better as a warning...

Theres always a 600 second(10) minute warning. Gives you ample enough time to get to safety

Theres always a 600 second(10) minute warning. Gives you ample enough time to get to safety

ok sorry, its 10 minutes, but it wasnt my point if its 6 or 10 minutes, my point was that this time is simply not enough.....wurm is a big world and travelling is most likely not very fast, so what should you do when you are far away from home and suddenly a server maintenance pop up and you cant find a secure space, because everything around you is locked up or simply wilderness?

honestly....its not that im asking for much ....

I too would like more notice than 10 minutes.

I dont count taming atm because not everyone has taming materials with him

Almost every grass tile gives mixed grass now. Keep a sickle on you and you have all the taming materials you need almost everywhere you go.

I have to agree 10 mins isnt really enough, maybe an hour would suffice.

Almost every grass tile gives mixed grass now. Keep a sickle on you and you have all the taming materials you need almost everywhere you go.

thats true and players who have a good horse to loose will have a sickle...and what about those who had luck to get a simple horse and no sickle? are they simply doomed then?

btw. I'm not pissed or anything I just wanted to ask politely....most games have a warning of more than 10 Minutes (mostly 30 minutes, 60 minutes or even a day before) and those other games dont even really need it,because nothing bad can happen when a character logs out....but its nice to know it a bit earlier anyway...and it hurts no one to make it 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes or?

I'm not sure how this messaging works anyway, but I thought it's a script you are starting and can simply be changed...o_o

+1 more notice on upcoming maintainace would be nice. racing home or trying to find a safe spot when you have your horse/cart away from home is not cool at all. Worst is when you log back on your horse unhitches and sometimes wonders on to deeded land and then you can't retrieve your horse. Nothing wrong with more notice on upcoming maintaince or restarts.

P.S this should be in suggestions thread?

Edited by Smokie

We've asked for ways to secure your animals when the server is going down or when you just need to log while traveling but it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen so, more notice before server shutdowns would at least help some.

P.S this should be in suggestions thread?

I didn't know where to put this, because it's actually no real game suggestion so I put it here, but I don't mind if its moved

you could always carry 8 planks, 8 shafts and 4 small nails when you go out traveling so you could fence yourself in :) . Or we could revisit those hitching post ideas.

you could always carry 8 planks, 8 shafts and 4 small nails when you go out traveling so you could fence yourself in :) . Or we could revisit those hitching post ideas.

let's spam more security for horses XD

well carrying planks and stuff is possible, but i guess if you are unlucky with building those fences and get one fail after another 10 minutes are fast gone XD

Seems like an awful workaround for a variety of problems...

Hi,

We've asked for ways to secure your animals when the server is going down or when you just need to log while traveling but it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen so, more notice before server shutdowns would at least help some.

^^ This.

You ever hauled a big load of stuff for a longer way, in a large cart? Or brought a pair of cattle over, for a longer way? And got hit by the 10 min warning then? Then you'll know, this means an 80% chance to loose animals. And they can be expensive, we know the prices.

A way to short-time secure animals has been asked for for ages. Use a rope to bind it to a tree/ fence for 24h only, alone this would be so much helpful. Or finally, after all this years, at the very least plz finally kill the bug that hitched horses will unhitch (or become invisible ...) after reboot.

But as it seems, it's much more important to nerf lamps and then band-aid patch again, again, and once more. Who cares about all these age-old bugs anyways, we should be accustomed meanwhile to this Wurmian Logic ...

Have fun!

• Like 1

Why can't you be like EVERY other mmo... have scheduled maintenance and warn hours ahead of time....

You are outright bullshitting us when you say 10minutes is enough time to get to safety. Have you been on a pvp server or even gone outside your deed lately?

Along with my post above... I don't see an issue with a suggestion of the devs setting up a daily maintenance schedule.

However keep in mind Nomad... these guys are mostly unpaid volunteers i believe. Its not like a Sony or Blizzard team that comes in and works a scheduled 40 hour week. A lot of these guys do what they do on their spare time... which is why I think we see a lot of the unscheduled on the fly work being done.

• Like 1

Or, you know, make it so nothing bad happens when maintenance occurs...secure people's horses, carts, whatever they're commanding at the time...

• Like 1

Or, you know, make it so nothing bad happens when maintenance occurs...secure people's horses, carts, whatever they're commanding at the time...

Shhhhh Wiro.... im lobbying for pickets... ;)

All we need are hitching posts and horses that don't come off of carts during server reboots... x)

• Like 1

All we need are hitching posts and horses that don't come off of carts during server reboots... x)

agree XD would help already

yeah, i suggested this long time ago